You must login or create an account to post a review.
Page [ 1 of 3 ]
[ 1 ]
When I visited the park this ride had nice theming. It was fun, rerideable, had a large capacity, and it had a long duration.
This is just a mediocre River Rapids ride. I guess Hercules post explains why, though: It was the first one ever built. Thats pretty interesting, but sadly it doesnt really make the ride any better. In my experience, I find about 70% of the time youll barely get a droplet of water on you, and the other 30% youll get thoroughly soaked- like wring-out-your-clothes and be damp the rest of the day soaked. Not really much grey area here. The layout is pretty boring, and the entire ride is too short. Its an okay experience, but its absolutely NOT worth any wait more than a walk-on, especially when you could be going on rides like El Toro or Nitro.
i waited 30 minutes and ddnt get a splash. very boring and no water jets or anything
stupid as heck its short u can never tell if youre gonna get wet and most of ti me u stay dry they need more rapids!
This is a fun river rapids ride. I always get wet when Im on this.Even though its short,its fun and another Great Adventure classic.
So-so. Its ok in the wetness factor, how long the ride is and how well the boats move. But it could definitely be better in all those respects, too. Ridden at night, its rather dark, which does add an eerie touch. [Irrelevant but weird fact: in the brush around the line for this ride, we saw a live skunk. He was kinda cute, but I wasnt motivated to get close to him.
I was expecting to get drenched, instead I ended up disappointed.
What a shame this ride has been weakened from its original opening. I rode in 2004 for the first time in about ten years. While this ride never had the biggest rapids and there was never a gaurantee of getting drenched, the waterfalls used to be in play. I think the waterfalls had the wooden barriers put in front of them about 8-9 years ago, but I remember a couple of occasions when a raft was trapped under the waterfall for many minutes with the ride ops having to come over to push the raft out or even turn off the water. It never happened to my raft but it did happen. I actually like the fact that not everyone will get drenched. Good point by Herc in the last review, this used to be cuting edge. I remember waiting almost 3 hours to ride this. sort of
This is no where near the quality of other rapids rides, however, after reading the nice new plagues that are on the outside of the rides that describe the rides, I guess I found out why. Apparently when the ride was built in 1987, it was a "Six Flags original". So ladies and gentlemen, you can thank Six Flags for coming up with the rapids ride concept. Anyway, you can tell that it is from that time period without reading up on it. From the lifthill of Nitro you can see the whole layout of the ride. It is basically a square. Nothing to it really. There were very few rapids. It was more or less a lazy river in a big raft. There werent any waterfalls either. Well, there were, but they didnt come into play in terms of getting you wet. They were just there and the rafts are blocked off from getting to them. The best thing was, I didnt get wet. I went on many times because there was no line (mind you, it was the first of May and it was like 55 degrees out so dont get your hopes up for short lines on hot summer days). It was almost like a game. I wanted to see how many times I could go on it without getting wet. It was truely addicting, almost like Russian Roulette. Once I got into the game, it was intoxicating. However, it tells you about the quality of the ride at the same time. I was not getting overly wet. Actually, about only half of the people in the raft get wet, with about 2 out of the 10 getting soaked. The only part that I got even a feel of water was towards the beginning where the coin operated spray guns were (which I had some fun with while I was off the ride, this fun being in a weird sadistic way). I just found joy out of getting the people that went by wet. Anyway, the ride was pretty poor, but I guess a good first attempt at something that was never tried, if that is any concelation. By the way, the coolest part of the whole experience was that I found out where the police car that was part of the themeing in the Batman The Ride queue went. While going around the third turn on this ride, I noticed that they threw it in the woods. Pretty sad that that was the highlight of this ride.
Maybe I havent been on on a couple years. I dont know why its getting such terrible reviews. I used to love this ride when it was Roaring Rapids...maybe theyve shortened it. I remember the line being HUGE!!! Time for another visit.
Page [ 1 of 3 ]
[ 1 ]