Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author Coasters You HATE
larrygator

9/27/2005 8:31:08 PM
Quote:
King Yoshi said:
I also hate the Roller Soaker at Hersheypark. It is a waste of space. It has a very low capacity(when I went it averaged less than 100 riders per hour). That results in lines longer than 1 hour, even at night. Worst of all, it always breaks down. When I rode it, I got stuck in the station for 10 minutes! They should tear the Roller Soaker down, and replace it with a better roller coaster.

Since it really doesn't take up that much space I don't agree with you. When I say it doesn't take up space I say this because it is an interactive ride in a wet zone and patrons in the park can free walk underneath the ride (versus around it)

--------------------
Mom always said, "Don't play ball in the house".
coaster05

9/27/2005 11:05:46 PM
Quote:
King Yoshi said:
I also hate the Roller Soaker at Hersheypark. It is a waste of space. It has a very low capacity(when I went it averaged less than 100 riders per hour). That results in lines longer than 1 hour, even at night. Worst of all, it always breaks down. When I rode it, I got stuck in the station for 10 minutes! They should tear the Roller Soaker down, and replace it with a better roller coaster.

Less then a 100 riders an hour would only mean a 1000 riders in a day. At least try to get the math right. I am not saying it is a capacity monster but that is not even close.

I think they should keep it because it serves its purpose. Kids love it, it is interactive and pretty unique. Nothing else worthwhile could fit there.

Oh BTW I hate predator at Darien Lake.

--------------------
"New rule: tulips are no longer a flower; they are some sort of gay onion." Bill Maher

How come someone like him doesn't run for President?
hrrytraver

9/28/2005 12:17:41 AM
i haven't encountered one i "hate." i've hated many movies, such as forest gump, but i don't know, roller coasters? i don't think i could hate one. mean streak really impressed me as a huge waste of wood and space. it was depressing, but not an object of passionate dislike.
Canobie Coaster

9/28/2005 5:46:55 AM
Like I had said, I do hate the Roller Soaker, and when I went to Hersheypark in July, this thing kept breaking down, both days I went. Because of all the breakdowns, the wait was over an hour, and only one-forth of the queue line was full!
coasterwom

5/6/2006 3:21:08 AM
I don't hate any coaster. There are a few that I don't like but I don't want them torn down. I don't like hurtful rides on a coaster. I think a coaster should be safe, smooth, and fun.
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics