Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Story Land Glen, NH TR Aug 06 With pictures
mrceagle

8/25/2006 11:57:34 AM
My original plans were to do 2 things. Either hit Canobie by My self or still by myself hit Heritage, Size Gun City for 4-5 hours, and then Santa’s Village after 3 so I could get a ticket deal. We Friday I found out that my Parents were going to be watching my niece and I suggested we hit Story Land and I could hit Heritage quite. So the plan was on.

Saturday hit: I got up around 8:20 I didn’t plan to be there fro opening at 9:00 but I wanted to leave around that time. Well we didn’t get out of the house mostly my mothers doing. Then they wanted to get breakfast. So we hit Bickford’s on Amherst Street in Nashua. After a late start breakfast and a long drive there we didn’t get to the park till 1:45 pm. the park was open till 6 so at least we’d have a few hours and I had 2 free tickets and my 3-yaer-old niece was also free. my father paid the $22 dollar admission price.

When we got there we were informed that it was a very busy day at the park and we are now parking cars behind the Hotel next door. So we parked and walked the 600ft or so to the entrance. The park defiantly was bust but being the afternoon people were already leaving.

We made our way up the hill to the Cuckoo Clocknspiel, better known as the cuckoo spiel by my niece. We hit it just as the line boarded so we got right to the front of the line. Te ride is one of a kind a modern tea cup ride with an in house built cuckoo clock around it. The best tea cups to be found any were. We all road it my niece, parents, and myself.

We then made our way down the hill to the Polar Coaster. The queue was full and we ended up waiting around 30 minutes for the ride. But, like normal it’s allot of fun and being able to ride with my Niece at my side was a great joy. Back set ride, two train operation.

We made our way back to the newest sections of the park. First area you come to is the oceans of Fun area. We walked past the Spay ground and the Whirling Whales in there new location. They look great with the Built up land and Look better then they did in there old location. We got in line for the Turtle twirl. There a Normal Tilt-a-Whirls but with a really nice turtle theme. Like before this area of the park had full Queues. We were on in about 15-20 minutes. I then brought my Niece on the Flying fish.

The Flying fish is Story Land’s newest ride. It is a Larson Flying scooters ride with really nice brightly colored Fish painted on. This was my nieces very first Flying scooters ride and I got to take her. The ride moves at a moderate speed, faster then some but not at full speed. The fins also have bumpers to limit the amount you can turn them. You can get a plus 90 degree turn but you can’t snap them. But given it’s location in a family park I can see why. I can’t complain if they were snapable the height requirement likely would have been higher preventing me from bringing my niece on.
[url=http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fish1pq7.jpg][img]http://img178.imageshack.us/img17
Message updated 8/25/2006 11:58:31 AM by mrceagle
mrceagle

8/25/2006 6:49:58 PM
Some how this posted twice. So here are a few notable links.

Story Land web page

TPC ratings page
Message updated 8/25/2006 9:32:14 PM by mrceagle
mrceagle

8/25/2006 6:51:35 PM
So here are some extra pictures from Story Land

How can you have a storybook themed park without having an Old Lady’s shoe?

The park has done allot of land work since last year. But the areas worked on look really good and natural.

The new spot for the whirling whales make the ride stand out better then it used to.

The park owns 6 cp Huntington trains. They operate 4-5 most days and has 3 deferent stops.

Despite cut back at other parks batman has opted to get a new job at Story Land

What is nice is that they try to make guest experiences great. Operators ate the carousel often help the younger guests rock there horses. You might also notice that the there is a box handing from a belt clip that has a quick call to the managers. These are scattered through the park.

The cars Antique cars are actually very modern. They replaced the old cars back in 2001. These cars made by Chance are Electric cars not gas.

The parks Pumpkin Coach ride is the best way to get to Cinderella’s castle.

Tapers is a short Animatronic show. The show advertises the parks Sister Attraction the heritage. The heritage will be closing at the end of this year so I don’t know what will happen to this show.

The park Consists of a number of small themed areas.

The Dutch Village

Story Land Junction

The bridge to the world pavilion

The pollar Coaster and Flying carped Sandwich oasis. Part of the world pavilion.

The park has a small Mexican area Called Los Bravos . this is were you can play the only 2 games in the park a roller ball hoarse race game and a shooting gallery which uses large cameras instead of guns. The area also is home to the Los Bravos Silver mine which is a walk through attraction. it’s sort of half Crooked house attraction and half walk through dark ride.

And I wrap this up with a couple of shots of the park central pond with the attractions bui
Scott

8/25/2006 9:59:02 PM
Very well written TR. Very nice photos too.
mrceagle

8/30/2006 1:41:22 PM
Thanks for the comments. It's a really enjoyable park and I'm glad to share it with the site.
hrrytraver

8/31/2006 9:47:22 AM
ceagle, nice report as always, and i'm especially pleased we got to see pictures of the infamous MRC.

in the on ride photo, you just about get the eyes of the crazed panda, next time try to get the full . btw, do you think that's a pot leaf on the side of the log in the on ride photo?

mrceagle

8/31/2006 3:53:59 PM
LOL it dose look a bit Potish. But it's supposed to be bamboo leaves.

If I had given the Crazed panda look you might have trouble figuring out which one is me.

Thanks for the response.
primogen18

9/6/2006 11:54:33 AM
Nice photos/TR, this does look like a nice park, I have been curious. There's alot more to it then I thought there was!
mrceagle

9/6/2006 3:25:09 PM
Glad you enjoyed it. There's actually a bit more then i was able to show and talk about. didn't have much time and it was a very busy day at the park.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics