Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author TR: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Christmastown 11/29/2009
ABR

11/29/2009 12:57:53 AM
Today my dad and I visited Busch Gardens for the new Christmastown event. We arrived right around 2:55 at the parking toll both. There was no prefferred parking, everyone parked in either the england lot (the one that has it's own bridge to the right just before you get to the front gate, normally used by busses and campers) or whatever lot is right in front of the ticket booths.
The first thing we decided to [try to] do was Corkscrew Hill, after waiting for 20 minutes, they let everyone out of the building as it was broken down (ouch, one of the three major attractions open went bust), then we went to Griffon. My dad chickened out, so I went by myself, about a 7 minute wait I think. We then tried to to Darkastle, but it didn't open until 4 (with Germany), so we went back and had dinner at Trappers smokehouse. I went and did Griffon again, waited about 20 minutes for that one as it was just recovering from a breakdown, we then did Darkastle twice as it had the shortest lines I had EVER seen for that ride. We then took a break and headed back and did Griffon twice (my dad decided to go on it, after learning it was the only roller coaster open, he loved it). We then tried to do Corkscrew hill... still closed (it was about 6:00), so we did a lap on the train. Very nice holiday light display... on the train and off.
Message updated 11/29/2009 1:03:33 AM by ABR
ABR

11/29/2009 1:09:16 AM
We then walked by Corkscrew Hill, it had reopened, so we went on it with like no wait, and then proceeded back to the FestHaus for the stage show there.
We then did Darkastle 2 more times (very short wait), Griffon 3 more times (2 in the Front row, on the edge), and I did Corkscrew Hill one more time and called it a day.
The park was very well decorated and they played familiar Christmas Carols in Foreign languages in their respective areas. One really cool area was the walkway between Griffon and Ireland, the regular lights were off at night, only the christmas trees could guide you. The park was a mob scene, reminded me of visiting Disney World in the middle of summer, it's very hard to get where you want to go, soooooooooo many people, yet the lines for the rides were extremely short.
ABR

11/29/2009 1:14:05 AM
I suppose I should also comment on Big Bad Wolf. The Bridge that leads from Germany to Italy (right next to the BBW station) was not open, so I can't say how it looked from there, but the station has no track coming out of it, and the top of the lift hill was still there, but the first drop was gone. This is a shame for many reasons, aside from the closure of a wonderful ride, another being I think they could have done some wonderful things with the Village for Christmastown, it would have been cool to swing through the village all decorated.
Also, upon our departure we noticed they were using the "normal" parking lots, so it looks like they started doing prefferred parking after we had got there, and that their attendance was higher than expected.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics