Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Nor Easter 09 PTR
mrceagle

2/16/2009 1:43:43 AM
This year Ace New England’s Nor Easter event was help at Six Flags New England. They welcomed us into their employee building which is located across the street form the park. The building was surprisingly big and worked well for the event.

Lake Compounce:

Water park expiation – The park is still looking for state and local funding to move the road to install water park. Trains on BD will still have open dividers. They will add 3 High top slides with the tower using the same location with riders coming out on the old pool. Proslides is contacted to build the slides.

Rides - Wild Cat has 2 full time carpenters that work on the ride. The older train is being redone this off season. Rest rooms are getting work, trying to make rest room greener. Music Express has not sold. Jolly jester is the name of the Tip-a-canoe kiddie ride.

Shows will be simplified to save money with a new show called Rock the nation. Garfield characters will have a year off.

New food: Self serve slushes. They brought in a trailer version of it to try it out and it was a huge success. A new building will built for it. Company Picnics will be hard to sign on this year, short term challenge.

SFNE:
Melissa the marketing manager:

Coaster cars with Audio set to the coaster. She talked about a second Johnny Rockets will be added to Rockville (shacks and fries). She also confirmed that Thomas Town sprayground (pop-jet fountain) and the Show Stompin which will be in the Rockville Gym. They showed a promo video about Clawshun Industries.

They confirmed TGE’s Holiday in the park. rollercoaster cuts, Interactive hair station with SFTV And children get a free photo.

Larry Litton the parks GM.

Talked about family, mentioned the height restriction variance. Starting a green transition, Add recycle stations. Superman’s Seats will be more accommodating to larger riders. They are not slowing the ride down. All of Superman’s track will be repainted to the purple and blue. SFNE will be submitting their capital plans for the next 3 years. The park has invested 260 million over the last 10 years. Glow in the Park floats are still on property and parade may come back. The new coaster colors were picked do to there longevity to keep color.

They gave up a backstage tour. It was nice to see the park from a new angle. After the walk around at the park side they did door prizes. Simpler this year with t-shirts from SFNE, Schlitterbahn cooler bags, Santa’s village ornaments, and other small extras.

Whalom:

Scott Lanciani and My self presented news from the New Whalom Park Ownership Program, LLC. Scott Explained that an LLC is a Limited Liability Company. He spent some time talking about little history of how the program got started and the board of Directors focusing slightly on Andrew Probert who is in charge of design. Andrew has a history in Theme park design through Disney Imagineering. He also has TV Star Trek the Next Generation and the original Battle star Gelactica and Movie experience working on projects like Star Trek The Motion Picture, and Back to the future. He wrapped up inviting people to see Andrew’s Web Site, [url="http://probertdesigns.com/"]Probert Designs[/url].

Scott then allowed me to talk about our online efforts. I talked about our goal to launch our new version of out web site, [url="http://www.whalom.org/"]Whalom.org[/url]. I then talked about our Invasion free powered [url="http://z6.invisionfree.com/New_Whalom_Park/"]forums[/url], which allow our members to suggest rides they would like to see as well as keep up the programs progress and local news. We mentioned the fantastic support we have seen on out [url="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whalom-Park/40148951752#/pages/Whalom-Park/40148951752"]Facebook fan page[/url] which is just short of 1,500 fans.

We then took questions from the group. Questions consisted on funding, property, and local support. Do to time constraints we ended out group presentation but made ourselves available for one on one talks for the rest of the event.

The auction was at the end of the day. Santa’s Village was really good to ace this year. A lift wheel, up stop wheel, and a Restraint spring were all in the auction this year. The other Item up for auction was a pin from one of the cars that operate on Leap the Dips. I personally bought the up stop wheel and the spring.

Other news:

The NY region is looking to do an event at Seabreeze and Sylvan Beach Amusement Park. An official of un-official even at TGE might be planed during the Christmas event.

NE Region event – Funtown Fest returns. Their Galaxy went over seas.

Knoebles – Miler coaster to add in place of High Speed Thrill Coaster.

More photos coming soon!

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Message updated 2/16/2009 10:46:13 PM by mrceagle
Canobie Coaster

2/24/2009 10:32:30 PM
Great pictures of an event I've unfortunately never been able to attend.

I personally was hoping that purple was a primer since I really like the traditional red better, and it will be hard adjusting to the new color scheme.

Also from Compounce, any word on the spinning coaster they got approved a few years ago? I know plans were pushed back, but did they say at all when they plan to install it?

---------------------
Track Record
21 Wood Coasters
67 Steel Coasters
88 Total Coasters
mrceagle

3/14/2009 4:17:53 PM
Some one asked about it. The response was along the line of it's not really in the works at this time while the park focuses on the water park and park improvements. There is a push to make the park more green. all the bathrooms are getting a makeover.

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics