Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author TR: Weekend Getaway
BobFunland

3/20/2007 6:23:34 AM
.. or how to exhaust oneself and THEN go do four Disney parks in a day!

ok so I haven't added a trip report in a couple months so I will share my weekend with yall

Basically, Six Flags opening last week really got me excited for the whole riding roller coasters thing because my interest really does kinda dwindle in the off season (whereas most people seem to go through withdrawals of some sort and spend way too much time talking about stupid stuff). A friend of mine just moved down there, and I knew I had a free weekend, so on Friday I decided around 8pm that I was going to Florida. Yeah, that's typical me, very spontaneous with the trips. Of course, only having to pay for gas and food makes things easier...

I left my house around midnight and drove down to Orlando. I-75 is still torn up, I swear they will never finish that. At least in the middle of the night it doesn't back up like I've had happen to me before... I stopped in Gainesville around 5 am for some sort of meal (breakfast? late dinner?) at Whataburger, one of the greatest burger places on earth that is sadly not in Atlanta. I kept pushing on after that and made it to Orlando right around 7:45 after taking my time and resting a bit in Gainesville for about an hour. Overall I was on the road for about 6hrs and 15 mins, a new record for me, weeee!

The plan for Saturday was to do Sea World at opening. I was there, but my friend was not. She still doesn't have a car and forgot that important detail to her meeting up with me.. so I went in and rode Kraken twice (it was a walkon) and headed out to get some gas and eat a snack while she got ready. I picked her up and back to Sea World we went..

Sea World is a really cool park. Sometimes its hard for me to believe that I can spend a bunch of time in a park with only a couple of rides, yet still have a blast, and I did so for the fourth time in the past 14 months. We did pretty much every exhibit, from the good ones like the penguins and dolphins and sting rays, to the ones I am pretty apathetic towards, such as the sea cows. Apparently there was a new whale born that day while we were there, so that's cool I suppose.

Around 3 another friend joined us after getting off work at Universal. Once he arrived we headed back to try to ride Kraken, but it had a ridiculous hour wait time. All of us had already ridden it, so we decided to hold off for now. We were, however convinced to ride Journey to Atlantis.. twice. Including a front row ride. For those who aren't familiar with the ride, it is one of the most "effective" water rides ever. WAY too effective, especially with a chilly wind on the day. So yeah, that definitely was stupid of us! Needless to say we didn't dumb down even further and ride again. After all, it was dinner time! Earlier, walking back from the hospitality center, we had made a reservation for the restaurant in the shark encounter exhibit. It was my first time eating there, and the setting was definitely something cool and new to me (being surrounded by giant fish tanks, that is, I am very familiar with eating). The food was so-so but being able to watch tons of sharks and other fish made it worth our time. Even if still being fairly wet in an air conditioned building wasn't a good idea!

Shortly after that we left the park after checking to see if Kraken's line had died down (it hadn't). I went and checked into my hotel and we spent the evening hanging out with some people we know from UCF. We had tried to go to City Walk but between it being a Saturday night during one of the busiest times of the year, a drinking holiday, and us having a group of about 10, that plan was just going nowhere. By 2 am I was back in bed after a long 36 hours awake, ready for an even longer day on Sunday.

Up bright and early on Sunday morning, six of us head up and arrived at Animal Kingdom shortly after opening. Naturally we walked over to Expedition Everest first, which had about a 20 minute wait, even thou
larrygator

3/20/2007 10:18:40 AM
Nice recap Joe. Sounds exhausted, oh to be young again.

I especially like the part where you point out that you are no stranger to food.

I'll see you in 10 days.
taylorb251

3/20/2007 1:43:45 PM
Very nice trip report. Four disney parks in on day would just be too much for me.

--------------------
Wood 23
Steel 56
Total 79
nyeboy9

3/20/2007 10:24:54 PM
Sounds like you had a great time.

I would never be able to do all 4 parks in one day, I like to stay in one park for the entire day.

Anyway, I thought you were serious about Dinosaur being the best ride ever after rating it as a 2.
BobFunland

3/21/2007 4:51:03 PM
I could never spend an entire day in MGM or Animal Kingdom. I would have to kill myself if I did that.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics