Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 2 ] [ 1 ] 2 
Author Your Thomas Area
mrceagle

2/17/2007 9:05:52 PM
Well we all know that SFI has signed a deal to add Thomas the tank engine to the parks. But Rides possibilities are a bit scarce perhaps. Here's your chance to be an imagine. what rides and attractions would you add to Thomas themed area? Minus the obvious train ride!!

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
B&MRULES!

2/18/2007 3:27:25 PM
Not sure. Six flags usually is not good with theming except the suprhero rides( batman the ride superman flight etc).Maybe a train themed rollercoaster simmilar to the run away mine train kind of rides only smaller and not as fast if thats possable.
Got_it

2/18/2007 3:31:41 PM
There are a lot of train themed kiddie coasters. But along the lines of flats for kids I can't think of anything good.
Axman

2/18/2007 7:26:10 PM
Thomas happens to be one of my favorite past times. It was also my first TV show. I know and love all of the orignonal characters dearly. I could think of many ride posabilities, since I've got the first 9 seasons of Thomas burned in somwhere in my memroy. I can't remeber everything perfectly, but I do know a lot.

Belive it or not, Fuji-Q already has a Thomas area, with a roller coaster themed to one of the various antagonists in the show; Duncan.

From what I can recall, Duncan is a small engine, who works on the Sodor hillside with other small engines. He sometimes gets bord on his long journies, so he rocks back and fourth (left and right) in an attempt to keep himself occupied. He's notoriuos for dislodging himself from the rails, and flipping himself over after rocking to much. This not only does this wreak havok on the Island of Sodor, it also makes a good kiddie coaster concept.

Rock & Roll Duncan

I asume some of you already know this, but I figured it would be apropriate to bring up.
Message updated 2/18/2007 7:27:23 PM by Axman
primogen18

2/18/2007 9:32:54 PM
Quote:
B&MRULES! said:
Not sure. Six flags usually is not good with theming except the suprhero rides( batman the ride superman flight etc)

Um, you're being sarcastic right? So a name on the front of the coaster, the logo at the station, and some pavement/weeds underneath is good theming? lol.

They could do some kind of dark rides maybe riding a train.

--------------------

Horizons12

2/18/2007 9:51:00 PM
I think for the Thomas the tank engine themed areas the'll have a mini-scrambler themed as a mini-scrambler.
Axman

2/18/2007 10:38:09 PM
I wish Universal had the rights to Thomas. The area would look amazing. Suess Landing is proof.
larrygator

2/19/2007 12:17:32 AM
^^^At least B:TR had great theming
Axman

2/19/2007 12:32:47 AM
Gotham City happens to be a black, industrial, dump. Let's see SF theme something worth seeing.

It's like: "Let's theme a rollercoaster to a fictional equivilency of a red-light district! We can make all of the cracked asphalt and litter from schratch. It will be a testiment to our ability to landscape!
coaster05

2/19/2007 10:38:43 AM
^Broken record. Bash, Bash, Bash.
B&MRULES!

2/19/2007 1:17:26 PM
Quote:
primogen18 said:
Um, you're being sarcastic right? So a name on the front of the coaster, the logo at the station, and some pavement/weeds underneath is good theming? lol.

They could do some kind of dark rides maybe riding a train.

No i was mainly thinking about batman the ride and mr freeze at sfstl they were themed really well. But unofurtinality mr freeze was broken.

--------------------
RESPECT WALK! Or as the song puts it
RE-SPECT WALK!
mrceagle

2/19/2007 1:39:28 PM
Here is a link to the Fuzi-Q Thomas area
Park area link

It didn't work right for me but Hopefully you will have better luck.

I'll post some of my own ideas later.
mrceagle

2/19/2007 11:30:25 PM
Here are a couple ideas I thought of:

Harold's (the Helicopter) flight School - Monorail or Sky cycle Either ride system would work a ride around the themed area above ground.

Gorden's Express Coaster - Ride Gorden's Sodors fastest engine over the hills and through the valley's of Sodor.

The Shining time Station Gift Shop

Bulstrode: The storm front(Rockn' Tug)

Tigermoth's Fight - This could be done with either a Zamperla Flying Tigers ride or a Tower plain ride.

Cross Country sodor - a track guided powered car ride. you ride on the miscellaneous cars, trucks, trackers etc that run off of sodors tracks. You will be able to ride character like Lady, Trever, Terence, Jack, etc.

Talk to Tomas - A meat at talk in the same idea of Universals meat Donkey or Disney's Turtle talk. A full scale mock up of Thomas with Eye movement, sound effects, etc.

Though already rides in most parks Cranky's tantrum(family/kiddie tower) or Bertie's Bus ride(SBF/Zamperla crazy bus)
Axman

2/20/2007 12:35:42 AM
I hate all of the new characters, so I only want to support ideas that have the charecters feature in shows '84-'95. I'm sentamentaly attached to the old characters, so the new ones naturaly fill be with disgust.

Thomas was actually a very dramatic series. There's a crash in more than 2/3 of the episodes. Thusly, I'm having trouble thinking of ideas that would cater to children.

One good idea would actually involve one of the dumbo-style rides themed to Bees. There's a very popular episode, which eventually turned into a childrens' book, called "James Goes Buzz Buzz", which involves James upsetting one of the Vicar's bee hives, and ends up getting stung on the nose. It was one of my favorite episodes!

^ You've got some really great ideas. Do you, or did you watch the show?

I don't know if there is a sort of ride/attraction capable of acompleshing this, but it would be neat to have a game that involved fishing for kippers in Thomas's boiler. There was actually an other popular episode, which also turned into a kid's book, that involved Thomas taking some bucketed water from a stream for a drink. The conductor caught some fish by mistake, so they had to fish for them over Thomas's boiler opening!

I'm fearing and anticipating what SF comes up with. They don't care enough to put this kind of work into an area of the park.
Message updated 2/20/2007 12:41:29 AM by Axman
primogen18

2/20/2007 4:30:58 PM
Quote:
B&MRULES! said:
No i was mainly thinking about batman the ride and mr freeze at sfstl they were themed really well. But unofurtinality mr freeze was broken.

Good point, they have done some good theming with some of the Batman and Mr Freeze coasters, I was being more specific with the Superman coasters such as Ultimate Flight or how alot of the theming is now broken and not maintained.

mrceagle

2/20/2007 7:40:11 PM
I get you point but The new characters aren't bad and are there to help them tell stories that teach moral values.

i watched the original Shining time station with Rizo from Grease with both Ringo Star and Gorge Carlin playing the conductor. They were both better then Alic Baldwin from the movie. I have a 4-year-old niece that enjoys watching Thomas so I have seen a number of the new episodes.

The bees may be a bit hard for the younger kids to fallow. also every one of the stories have been books.
B&MRULES!

2/20/2007 10:09:03 PM
Quote:
primogen18 said:
Good point, they have done some good theming with some of the Batman and Mr Freeze coasters, I was being more specific with the Superman coasters such as Ultimate Flight or how alot of the theming is now broken and not maintained.

I herd that they did not have alot of theming around there. I just named that coaster because i couldent think of anything else.
Animan1

2/20/2007 10:54:11 PM
Quote:
coaster05 said:
^Broken record. Bash, Bash, Bash.

Exactly what I was thinking. Plus, he forgot the storm drain access tunnel, police cars, water hydrants, graffiti walls, Wayne-dedicated memorial park, and the Batcave. Seems like pretty decent theming to me.
Axman

2/20/2007 11:35:59 PM
Quote:
mrceagle said:
The bees may be a bit hard for the younger kids to fallow. also every one of the stories have been books.

There are too many episodes to turn them all into books. I'm aware of the origonal books staring the 1st 4 engines, but I don't think that all of the stories have turned into children's books.

Talking about this is hard for me. I'd rather have a whole amusemet parks with a "Saved from Scrap" dark ride, or a scale sized "Cranky" S&S Tower. This, of course, is out of the question.

I'm still looking forward to the new areas, though. Is SFOG getting one? The answer to that question may drasticaly change my line up of park return-toos.
mrceagle

2/21/2007 6:24:32 PM
I don't think SFOG will get Thomas. I'm sort of hoping they won't get Wiggles. but I guess they will eventually get one of them.
Axman

2/22/2007 12:30:05 AM
I'm praying for Thomas.

Message updated 2/22/2007 12:30:23 AM by Axman
Got_it

2/22/2007 1:04:49 PM
Haha, wow that gives me flashbacks. Is SFNE getting a Thomas or Wiggles, I think Wiggles, which makes me sad.
Axman

2/22/2007 3:06:16 PM
Thomas and Wiggles are so different, and yet, SF probably thinks of them as the same. It's like comparing apples to toilet seats.
Animan1

2/22/2007 7:35:00 PM
^ Congratulations! More SF bashing from the always dependable Axman.

Seriously, Axman, it has gone beyond pure support of CF. We know you like the chain, and we know you don't like SF. I don't think I'm alone in saying that giving it a rest would be greatly appreciated.
Axman

2/22/2007 8:08:04 PM
No, I love the Thomas and Wiggles idea, I'm just compariong the actuall shows. Any park chain would do the same.

--------------------------------------------
Every day, I hate Six Flags a little less...

^My new quote!
Message updated 2/22/2007 8:10:36 PM by Axman
Animan1

2/22/2007 9:47:24 PM
Question - Did you create your new signature before or after reading my post?

Thank you for clarifying that you at least weren't bashing on SF this time. God knows that you have done it enough, so to see an post that strays from that mold is quite refreshing.
Message updated 2/22/2007 9:48:01 PM by Animan1
Axman

2/23/2007 1:02:49 AM
I just love bashing SF, though. I've been doing it for about a decade, now, and it hasn't gotten old.

They just seem to dig their grave deeper and deeper, and I can't stop talking about it!
Message updated 2/23/2007 1:03:42 AM by Axman
Animan1

2/23/2007 9:37:15 AM
About a decade? So you've been bashing SF since you were 5?

Dude, grow up and stop mentioning your hatred of SF in every thread you post in. We know your feelings, and continuuing to voice your opinion is simply excessive and annoying. Besides, you yourself have admitted that you haven't been to some of their parks for many years, and others you haven't been to at all, so you don't even have that much evidence to support your claims in the first place.

And as an attempt to try and remain on topic, SFGAm is not getting a Thomas area, but rather The Wiggles. My personal preference would be to have a Thomas area, but since I don't really plan on using the area extensively no matter what the theme, I think I'll live.
coaster05

2/23/2007 9:51:30 AM
Makes very little difference to me on this area. I think both are good attempts to make their parks a little more current with young kids.
mrceagle

2/23/2007 7:24:30 PM
They have not announced any parks to receive Thomas themed areas. It's rumored at SFMW/DK every other area they have mentioned outside of that already has the wiggles Coming and won't get a Thomas also.

i agree this will help the parks be a bit better for Children. My ideas were family related and in turn likely never to see the light of day. SFI tends to have Kids areas and Teen adult areas and hasn't really figured out the family togetherness aspect. hopefully they will Open there eyes to it soon. because it's a beg step into becoming a great chain again.
Page [ 1 of 2 ] [ 1 ] 2 
Clicky Web Analytics