Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Canobie Lake Park Closing day TR with Photos
mrceagle

10/2/2006 3:37:04 PM

It’s always a bummer to know your home park won’t be open till 2007. But as tradition hold I went to closing day. I met up with Methos and 2 of his friends. Methos bought on of my last 2 tickets from me. I got there around 11:00 and Methose and his friends got there a few minutes later. No bother it gave me some time to take some shots of the outside of the ark which was done up a bit more then normal.

We got in the park wasn’t busy nor was it dead. For the predicted weather it was actually a better turn out then I thought. Much better then last year and the weather was good. We made our way to Cannonball and got the back seat. That’s always a plus. God ride, full of air time like normal, was a slight lake of speed though that got better as the say went by.

From there we made out way along the back of the park, throwing out bits of Trivia to his friends. Did you know that bit Missile was once a ride. Things like that. We hit Star blaster and made our way to Skater. Methos and his friend hadn’t been on it yet. So we took a ride on skater and walked back to Phyco drome. Now Methos’s friend either hadn’t been to Canobie or hadn’t been in a long time because after every ride he was asking his friend how it was.

So we hit the other rides in that area Caterpillar, DaVinci’s Dream, etc. I showed them a few hidden jokes. We went to Be bop to get something to eat. We grabbed miscellaneous sides and split them and ate at the Condiment bar to stay out of the rain which just started.

We hit Corkscrew my first ride in a few trips. Normally no one wants to ride with me. So I don’t go. From there we went to Mine of Lost Souls. Always a fun ride but they need to rehab the ride a bit some effects are miss times and should be reworked. We road the Pirata, the parks pirate ship. Later we walked behind it to take a look at the Frisbee parts.

We hit the flume Squeezing 4 adults into one boat. Always a fun ride and we had so much weight the splashes were huge. I was in front so I got reasonably wet. From there we made out way back to the middle of the park. Later in the day we also barley squeezed ourselves in to the Twist and Shout(tilt-a Whirl)

We hit Whipout, round up, Turkish Twist, and Bumper cars. It started to when we got in line for bumper cars. Got hit pretty hard by Methos
Message updated 10/2/2006 3:44:26 PM by mrceagle
coasterf42

10/3/2006 3:02:12 PM
What kind of Frisbee are they getting?
Hercules

10/3/2006 4:45:15 PM
It's going to be a Huss, correct mrceagle?
mrceagle

10/3/2006 9:54:23 PM
Yes they are getting a Frisbee 40 seater Huss Model it's a portable model. only bonus there is it will be nearly 70ft tall at full swing.

also Methos posted his video of this trip at the end of my TR on theme park review.
Link to TPR and video.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics