Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Knoebels 9/1 - 9/4 (cut one day short, so, 9/3 )
primogen18

9/3/2006 10:18:39 PM
Just was at Knoebes for a couple nights and was rained out so we came home early .Friday and Saturday it was cold and rainy, so there wasn't many people there and not alot of stuff was even open. Most of the rides were though, so I caught a ride on Twister, The Haunted Mansion, 2 rides on the XD Theater (Cosmic Coaster and Arctic Run), a run on the scooters, and 2 rides on Phoenix during those 2 days. (both were running awesome and very fast in the rain) The one ride on Phoenix was also at night, was excellent as usual.

Today it was actually nice, and the park was pretty crowded. After packing up early (everything was soaked and we were suppose to stay until Monday) I caught 2 more rides on Twister and Phoenix, another ride on Haunted Mansion, another on XD Theater (Haunted Mine this time), a ride on the flume and finally a spin on Gasoline Alley (antique cars).

Phoenix and Twister both ran very well, Twister a little more shaky then last year but still very nice. This year on the Flume, I noticed they fixed all of the colored lights in the rocks and in the cave, which adds alot to the ride IMO, and just looks cool. Also, the geysers are a VERY nice addition and are a blast (no pun intended) to mess around with. If you time it just right, you can hit a log double time and soak some people. It was alot of fun and I know they were making pretty good $ with that, they got at least $5 from me alone lol (they are 25 cents per blast). XD Theater was a nice addition as well, and out of the 3 movies I saw (missed Aqua Ride), Haunted Mine was the best of them. For the best experience, sit in the first row. My brother and sister had alot of fun on this as well. The turns looks AWESOME in person, hard to describe but I really can't wait for this ride. The Info booth seemed to create a little buzz as well and there was always a group of people around it checking it out. They didn't make alot of progress really when I was there due to the rain, but I could see they poured alot more footers for the new extention.

I snapped a few random pictures but they didn't turn out really good, but i'll see if I can post'em anyway.

Overall the trip wasn't too bad, just sucks everything was saturated from the rain so we had to leave early, but I got some rides in and literally ate my way around the park, finally trying Cheese On A Stick, it was pretty good lol.

**updated to a photo TR**

Message updated 9/6/2006 11:47:56 AM by primogen18
RCGenius

9/4/2006 6:06:02 AM
Solid TR Primogen18. Sorry you couldn't stay throughout the whole 4-day trip, but it sounded like you still had a good time nevertheless. The rain ruins everything, especially whenever you go to an amusement park. I hate the rain with a passion! I never had the chance to ride XD Theater because I didn't know where it was when I went to Knoebels. I saw the geysers though & guests really seemed to have a ball just blasting away at oncoming Flume riders.
primogen18

9/5/2006 12:00:31 PM
Yeah, I tried to get the most out of it and tried alot of new food lol (I ate so much park food lol). I really wanted to to go in the Crystal Pool, but it was closed all weekend because of the weather. The XD theater is at the bandshell side of the Roaring Creek Saloon, and they have added it to the map as well. Theres a small velvet rope queue along the ramp and into the building.
Animan1

9/5/2006 7:05:54 PM
Very nice TR, primongen...if only I were so comfortable writing such a short TR! Very concise and too the point, but good detail as well. After visiting two of the many good PA parks on my recent trip, the next two that I want to hit the most are Knoebels and Dorney.
primogen18

9/6/2006 11:30:14 AM
Thanks for the comments Here are some pictures (sorry bout the quality):

Flying Turns area from near the Twister bridge.

Flying Turns from near Roto Jets.

There was always a group of people checking out the info. booth near the turns.

Random shot

Not sure what I was going for here, random shot...

Classic Power Surge and Ferris Wheel midway shot lol

Twister from an odd angle from the campground

And I'll end with a shot of the geysers! These things were a blast (pun intended) to play around with! (there are 2 coin boxes on the observation deck labeled with a 1 and 2, the 1 and 2 on the wall show where the blast strikes!)
Message updated 9/6/2006 11:46:06 AM by primogen18
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics