Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Canobie TR 8-26-06 good & bad day
mrceagle

9/3/2006 9:34:45 PM
So I need to use up my tickets before the end of the year. So I went to Canobie last weekend. Planed on being there for opening but that didn’t work. I ended up Going with my Brothers Fiance Anne since she had the day off and my brother was working. We didn’t get top the park till 11:45 already the parking lot was nearly full. We were told to fallow him. Him was Carl Bernie one of the parks owners. Riding on a little moped showing people to scattered spots left open in the parking lot. We entered the park and to be expected by the parking lot the park was swamped.

First things first we walked by the site for the Frisbee ride to see how that’s coming along. All the parks seem to be in. We then walked to the back corner to get a look at the field to the right left of castaway. Not much has changed from the pics already online. But after then we opted to walk to the other end of the park see if the lines were any better over there. We saw Anthony Bernie Carl’s Brother and also one of the owners. He was sitting with one of the Managers of the food stands. But I got the Scoop So to speak on a few things.

The park:
The Matterhorn will not be replaced with another Matterhorn. The park feels they will be able to find a ride that will better fit the 70ft space the ride takes up. One thing we discussed is if they replaced it with another Matterhorn few people would notice the investment and that 600,000+ investment would not be marketable. But I did drop the hint that they could still install a new Matterhorn in another location in a couple years and people would know it’s a new ride. They will purchase a new ride at this years IAAPA event.

Extreme Frisbee will not open this year. As much as they hoped to have it operating for the end of this year things didn’t work out. Shipping took longer then expected. Huss also hasn’t sent reps to help install it. They will be sending 4 reps to assist on the installation. It will be running for next year.

Castaway Field is not being used for a coaster. They are leveling the land and getting it surveyed for future used. But it will not be 2007. For 2007 they are worrying about the Ticket/main entrance and the Matterhorn replacement. That field will not be touched till 2008 or beyond. It will most likely be used for future water park expansion. I did plead against a wave pool stating that a lazy river would leave the whole middle area open for other water park expansion. Possibly a country watering hole type addition like Dollywood is installing..

The food:
The Dragon Tea House Chinese, Canobie’s newest restaurant is also there most recently closed. Yes that’s right after only a couple months they opted to close it. There just wasn’t the need for it they thought. There are a few ideas but nothing is picked. There really not sure what food they will offer there next year. I had a few ideas but there had already been tried in the last few ears and not worked out, like Puniness. I also brought up the idea of a country kitchen, space was an issue on that one and the fact they offer many of the items I mentioned like Chicken and Mac n’ cheese in other locations. But expect something new next year.

There was some general talk about the food and things the parks offers. The management really wants to increase the selection and wants to make the food better. But they have some good ideas out there hopefully some of them will pan out.

In between talking to theme Anne and I hit over the rainbow. Anne needed something out of the car so we went out there. It was 1:20 and the parking lot was full, the grass lot by the Victorian house was full, and they were filling in the newly cleared land to the left of that grass lot. And there was a line Coming in.

We went back in the park the lines were terrible so we Just hit things as we wanted. We got in line for Mine of Lost souls. 45 minutes later we were on the ride. We walked back over to the Midway state to see CL5. We got there late<
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics