Home > Forums > Suggestion Box > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author News submissions, News threads, and Rumors
erinys

7/9/2006 1:33:30 AM
There's a thread that started under Rumors & Speculation that's been closed since it is now News & not a Rumor. Here it is:
http://www.themeparkcritic.com/Forums/ViewTopic.asp?TopicID=152261&ForumKey=13

I don't know if it's possible, but it would be nice if the thread could have been moved from Rumors to News once it officially became News.

I suspect some people may be discouraged from submitting News through official channels because it sometimes takes a few days to be posted - I think it was 6 in the case of Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. We realize the mods have lives and other obligations, but sometimes it would be nice to discuss things before they can be approved. Perhaps the Rumors thread could have been kept open until the actual story was submitted and approved through News, to allow continued discussion. Based on history, if someone starts an immediate new thread under News, it will be closed in several days when the official story is approved, resulting in people feeling discouraged from either starting a new News thread or submitting one for delayed approval. The delay in putting up some new, major rides may also feed into this.

I apologize in advance if I've gotten information wrong or written anything tactless, demanding, or insensitive - I tried not to, but I'm sticking by my "it's nearly a full moon" theory.
BobFunland

7/9/2006 1:58:42 AM
It *can* be moved, however, I personally think its best to keep the speculation seperate from the actual facts that we now know. If you object, let me know, I'm open to discussion.

I hope you understand the logic, but yes, to answer your question directly we can easily move stuff around.

As a rule, people should just submit news if its really important (like a ride announcement, major event) or just start a thread if not so big.

--------------------
Google Search TPC BEFORE you create that new thread
Message updated 7/9/2006 2:00:28 AM by BobFunland
erinys

7/9/2006 9:53:03 AM
Makes sense about the speculation vs. known facts once the facts are known. It was a major help to me that someone just started the thread on Knoebels being flooded, which although a major event some (me) needed to know quickly - it concerned me that could have taken a day or two to get up if submitted as News, even if that would be doing it the right way. Looks like people are mostly doing it the best way depending - I'll try to fall in line.
BobFunland

7/9/2006 12:38:36 PM
I usually do check the news on a daily basis (save for times I am away), a large problem is that most of the time it has already been posted, leaving me wondering if its worthy of the front page and a locked thread. However, doing it as you please is totally cool - just throw a thread in the news forum and if it gets closed in favor of a front-page posting, no big deal right?
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics