Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author SFNE Media Day 2006 TR
mrceagle

4/14/2006 8:17:45 PM
SFNE held there Media day on April 13th for there newest rides Catapult and Splash Water Falls. Since Check in was at 6:00 a.m. I was up at 3:00 to get ready. Despite that we got a late start and could you believe it traffic and ended up getting there late. At 6:45 we checked in and got our ACE badges. We entered and noticed the Security guard giving two kids Deputy Security badges (Stickers). Nice little touch for the kids. We maid out way to Catapult and just as we got there we were told everything was starting on the other end.

So we turn around and walked al the way to the south end not before letting the security know they are starting on the other side and he might want to let people know. The hole time every employee was wishing us a happy 45th Birthday and welcome to SFNE. Nice to have the employees so enthusiastic but by the end of the day it was getting bit annoying. Likely won’t here it as much when there are a thousand more people for them to say it to.

At the south end they had a breakfast buffet. Muffins, Danishes, Coffee, and tea were the main selection. Not as good as last year but who can really complain about a free Breakfast. We ate and went to get on Splash Water Falls but they didn’t have it up. Maintenance was working on the lift and it wasn’t ready. So they suggested we walk over to Catapult. So again we crossed the park to the North end and to the new ride.

The new walk way with a ramp or stars that lead to the walkway. From there you will find a slight incline up to the entrances and exits of 3 rides: Cyclone “An American Classic,” Catapult, and Taz Daredevil Dive (The sky coaster). I jumped in line By Brother and his Friend were already on. I took my time so I could get some pics with my new digital camera. Well the ride went up. Well started to at least. Half way op or so it stopped and cam back down. well it was 7:15 and neither of the rides were operating. I stuck around and talked to a few people and an Employee that was at last years media day.

Well I got some great info out of him. Seems Houdini will be back, up and running. I guess there is a power back up and a new Basement exit. Well Good news and the rain had stopped. The day isn’t complete waist. Well over the next 3.5 hours I talked and we tried to ride a few times no luck, but more info.

Cyclone has been reprofiled and it’s not the old Bill Cob coaster they once had. Just about every thing looks to be changed. The drops, Turns, everything to be seen was higher, lower, more banked, I have no clue how the coaster will be this year. It is literally a new coaster. Another thing about Cyclone is the Entrance exit they both come in and out at the Side of the coaster. The new Entrance path will take you under the coaster, around the supports, back to the side of the station, and up the Exit stars. Yes they changed load unload sides! The exit fallows the old entrance except in sends you under the coaster briefly and out the side to the walkway. There wasn’t a booth for on ride photos and The employee hadn’t any idea weather they were going to still have it or take it out. There is room for it but it wasn’t built. Infect the path light were still waiting to be installed. The new White paint looks great and there a bit more then half done. They were working on it all day. I’m sure it will be finished before they start opening for complete weeks.

Seems SFNE inherited a few more things from Astroland Will. A Batman Forever style batmobile will be used in the parade. They also got some things for the sky coaster. Seems a few maintenance and supervisors also came to the park.

At 10:45 a maid my way back to south end. Catapult was still malfunctioning. The park planned to start media event and speeches at 11:00. I grabbed lunch. Lunch was simple mostly cold cuts and a few other things which were fine for me. My Brother’s Friend is a vegetarian and found little to her preference. Salads and fruit were about it.<
mrceagle

4/15/2006 1:59:15 PM
Here are the Photos from teh Media day

Link to Photos
Scott

4/16/2006 6:29:01 PM
Very good TR. I liked the photos. So, do you think SF has improved?
mrceagle

4/16/2006 10:27:19 PM
The park looks very good and the Employee were friendly. But then there were around 2-3 employees per guest at the park. time will only tell is when things get buisyer they will keep it up. They have an opertunity here and the ride uptime is realy holding the wildcard. It wasn't good media day and from what I have heard it wasn't Saterday and today.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics