Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Pipeline coaster question
primogen18

10/19/2005 2:51:57 PM
Ive seen alot of pictures of them and they dont look too bad really. I was just wondering why they have no turns. I know how it runs and the cars look like they wont be able to navigate lateral turns, but what if they just do a completely 90 degree banked turn? Have the car go 90 degrees, go throug the turn then maybe finish it off as a heartline or something. Is this possible? I don't see many of them in the future which sucks because I havent had a chance to ride a coaster like it, and with Astroworld closing I dont know if I would be able to. The chances of it coming BACK to GAdv seem slim.

--------------------
ThrodL
ThrodL on Myspace

BobFunland

10/19/2005 3:39:52 PM
A few thoughts:

They were made by TOGO, who builds primarily in space-starved Japan. Perhaps this was their way of saving land space?

I think they COULD turn. The rails that the cars attached to could probably bent in the same way that "regular" rails are bent to create curves.

Indications point to the idea that Ultra Twister will probably be scrapped, so you are right, you've probably missed out on this type of ride. They aren't super thrilling but they aren't horrible either.. kinda just "there". IMO you aren'nt missing much, though I too like trying out different types of coasters
coasterwom

5/6/2006 1:24:46 AM
I have only rode Viper at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey and I thought the coaster was alot of fun but it was rough. I liked it however because it was a different type of coaster. Why is it called a pipeline coaster? Is Viper still at SFGA? I hope they can save it from being closed. I like to try out differnt types of coasters.
Hercules

5/6/2006 11:25:24 AM
Viper wasn't a pipeline coaster. A pipeline coaster is a ride like Ultra Twister, which used to be in the same spot that Viper used to occupy.

I use the past tence for Viper because it was torn down last year. This Beast is under contruction in that spot and will hopefully open within the next month or so.

At least they saved the Viper station for you
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics