Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Dorney Park - TR - 9/24
RCGenius

9/24/2005 9:50:07 PM
My family & I left for Dorney Park at around 11:45 a.m. We stopped off at the McDonald's from across the street of Dorney Park & then went to the park at around 1:10 p.m. Here's how the whole day went down:

The first ride of the day was Talon: Grip of Fear, my favorite coaster at DP. My mom didn't want to ride it, so she sat out while me, dad, & my lil sister went on it. Talon was a walk-on, so we rode in the 2nd row. My ride on Talon was just as good as I've remembered my 1st ride back in 2003. I love Talon & now it's back in my Top 10. The speed's relentless, its four inversions were placed perfectly, the airtime hill b/f the corkscrew was great, & the 1st drop's still amazing. My lil sister & I love to read the signs below us while going up the lift hill w/sayings like: "There's no turning back", "Getting closer", "Almost there", "Goodbye", etc. Talon's just simply one heck of a coaster that shouldn't go unnoticed when visiting DP. Then again, how can it go unnoticed when you see a coaster that's blue, yellow, & orange right in the front of the park. You know what I'm saying?

After our ride on Talon came the coaster that made me beg my mom & dad to come back to Dorney Park for, Hydra: the Revenge. Since I've read a lot of reviews from ya'll b/f going on Hydra, I knew that I shouldn't have tried to get my hopes up for Hydra to be one of those coasters that I'll be willing to ride time & time again. This time, it was only dad & I who rode on Hydra. Hydra was a walk-on too & my dad wanted to ride it in the back seat, so we did. My 1st experience on a floorless was great. The jojo roll had some great hangtime, the 105 ft. drop at 68 degrees was fast & steep, the zero-g roll was a lot of fun as it had some good airtime, the huge flat spin was very unique, the cobra roll was great & so out of the ordinary, & the final flat spin was pretty good. I bought an on-ride photo of Hydra after my 1st ride. I enjoyed my ride on Hydra, but I only wished that it had some more forces & that the course was a lil bit longer, but it's still a fun ride.

After my highly anticipated ride on Hydra came Steel Force, DP's tallest, fastest, & longest coaster. We rode on that while my mom & lil sister wanted to ride on Music Express & Chairswing. My dad & I decided to ride SF right in the middle row. This was the only ride of the whole day that had a lil line on it, but it wasn't even for more than 5 mins. B/f riding SF, I thought that it wasn't going to be as great of a ride as it used to be to me since I've rode on coasters like BGT's SheiKra, KW's Phantom's Revenge, & CP's Millennium Force & Magnum XL-200, but I was wrong. Steel Force was a lot of fun & is still my 2nd favorite coaster ride in the park. It's very fast, has some good airtime on the 1st 2 drops & bunny hills, the double helix's still intense, the 2 tunnels were great, & it's still so smooth considering it being 8 yrs. old. I'll admit that the layout's kinda boring & too simple, but that doesn't deteriorate the overall experience of SF. Steel Force will always have a special place in my heart since it was my 1st hyper I've been on.

After the adrenaline rushing ride on SF came Dorney Park's only wooden coaster, Thunderhawk (Man I miss Hercules). I only had to wait 2 trains for this one & my dad & I rode it in the 3rd to last seat. After my ride on Thunderhawk, I just had some mixed feelings about it. Thunderhawk still has some great airtime & can compete w/DP's 3 monster steelies, it's an ACE classic, & I love how it has that out-and-back/twister design of a woody. Thunderhawk's only downside's that it was kinda rough. I normally don't mind rough woodies since I love them more than steel coasters, but this one just gave me a good ol' fashion butt whooping. On Thunderhawk's 1st turnaround, I slammed myself really hard to my left & on the 2nd turnaround, I slammed into my dad towards his left. When we got off, my dad's arm was in pain & so was<
Message updated 11/19/2005 6:01:22 AM by RCGenius
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics