Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author SFNE TR , September 3, 05
mrceagle

9/14/2005 6:15:26 PM
MY brother and his friend came with me to the park. We got a late start since we had to stack wood before leaving. We didn’t get on the road till around 10:00 am and got to the park around 12:20. The parking lot was pretty full but the park didn’t seem to busy at all. By brothers friend got a season pass and we got that taken care of that first. We walked down to the DC area but skipped Superman first of since my brother wanted to hit the stunt show. So we hit Poison Ivy first.

The ride is so much better since the trees and shrubs have grown in. I always take a trip on it when I come to the park. We walked up and hit the flying swings. I can’t explain why but they were running this thing terribly. The ride ran slow and the run was short, very short. I couldn’t of been more then 45seconds.

We exited a bit disappointed and walked down to the stunt show arena. The show was ok they did more jumps then the last time I saw it but they were a bit slow with the action and the show suffered for it.

During the day we hit the Illusion Quest show, the end of the swashbucklers show, and the western jukebox show. Illusion Quest was a great show and we saw it twice. The western show hasn’t improved with time but there was another girl performing that wasn’t there the month before.

After the stunt show we hit superman and got on in about 20 minutes. Back seat ride, I jumped in with a singe rider. The ride was good but a bit rough. They need to work on those wheels on the off season. I was however impressed with the property box they had set up to protect your stuff. We walked up to the south end and hit Ming Eraser and Batman.

We maid our way over to Crack Axle Canyon and hit Tomahawk and Rodeo. Now I was impressed that the employee on Tomahawk stopped a kid and maid him wait a ride even though he could have fit since he jumped the fence. But I saw the op at the rodeo refuse to let a girl tall enough to ride with an adult get turned away because her at height sister wasn’t an adult. This rodeo is overly secure and perfectly safe. Now this only upset me because when we road it the center engine was running but the outer platform engines (the ones that make you spin) weren’t operating. So the ride was more boring then a kidie ride.

So Rodeo was operating when it shouldn’t, Cyclone was so poorly maintained it was screaming like a banshee. Joker, Houdini, Farris wheel, and Nightwing were all out of commission.

We walked over to Blizzard River I was hot and wanted to cool of. We got in line and waited about 30 minutes. This became the largest problem I have ever had at SFNE. I walked across the boat to place my backpack against the wall since the property boxes were gone. But I was informed by the ride attendant that I had to take my backpack and its contents onto the ride.

Now I am normally a very calm person but I wasn’t going to bring my backpack onto the ride so that its contents can get soaked and destroyed. This became an argument and I told my brother I wasn’t going to ride. We unbuckled his belt and said hill take it and I should ride since I wanted to ride it anyways. I was further annoyed that the attendant never bucked the empty seats to secure the seat belts.

The ride op did however try to save the situation both my brother and I were a bit seemed. The op offered my brother the ability to swap of the backpack and ride but my brother declined.

We left. My brother and my friend were hungry and I was fin since I grabbed a snack while watching the Illusion Quest show. Though it cost me $7.00 for a refill and a fried dough, way too much. We hit Great chase on the way out and went down to Nicky’s. We ordered a medium/large pizza and 2 pitchers of soda. And it was under 20 bucks.

We went back to the park and parked closer then we did early in the day. Like in the morning there were more people leaving them coming in. one lady walked by and actually said “ We should have gone to Canobie instead!” to be
skierman

9/15/2005 3:44:05 PM
Very good TR Mrceagle. Seems like SFNE STILL need to improve...

Quote:
I can’t explain why but they were running this thing terribly. The ride ran slow and the run was short, very short. I couldn’t of been more then 45seconds.

Yeah, this ride all depends on the operator. Ive been on it when it runs on full swing for a good 3-5 minutes. Was your operator a Russian lady with weird bleached blonde hair? She usually operates it, and operated it bad, and not for very long.

Quote:
The ride was good but a bit rough. They need to work on those wheels on the off season. I was however impressed with the property box they had set up to protect your stuff.

I wouldn't exactly call Superman rough, but it is pretty shakey, and loud. All they need to do is replace all of the wheels on the train at once, instead of a few at a time like they have been doing. If they do that it would be alot smoother, quieter, and faster.

Quote:
Now this only upset me because when we road it the center engine was running but the outer platform engines (the ones that make you spin) weren’t operating. So the ride was more boring then a kidie ride.

Yes, they have been operating Rodeo like that for about 3 months now, and I don't know why. Because I remember riding it in June, and it was fine, but then the next time I went, they had those engines off, it's really weird. Rodeo can be a fun ride.

Quote:
Cyclone was so poorly maintained it was screaming like a banshee.

Cyclone has so much potential, and I think next season will be its year of glory. If you have noticed, if you go twards the back of Cyclone's station, and look along its break run, there is TONS of new wood, so hopefully they'll re-track it during the off-season. It really needs it.

--------------------
Join beeHiveMail!!!

mrceagle

9/15/2005 6:20:24 PM
The rodeo was closed on my last few visits. So I didn't know this was going on for a while.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics