Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Aug. 1 - A great day at "The Lake"
skierman

8/26/2005 5:12:56 PM
A few weeks ago, we went down to Lake Compounce for the day, and let me tell you, that park is amazing.

Pepole involved:
Me
Grace
My Mom
My Aunt

We got there at opening, got out tickets, and were suprised by the nice view you have when yaou wlk in. Theres Wildcat standing right there, as the centerpiece of the park, and a nice horse from a Merry-Go-Round. We decided to go twards the right, and hit the Rotor as our first ride. That is THE BEST rotor that I have been on. They run it very fast, and for a long time.

After riding the rotor twice, we decided to just go right to Boulder Dash. So we got to the enterance, and to my suprise, there realy isnt a queue, which was really cool to me since im used to having at least a mile of queue for each ride, since thats what there is at SFNE. So we took the path to the station, and got on the second to last seat. I was expecting an amazing, airtime-filled ride, and what I got was a fast paced woodie through the woods with no airtime at all. I was extremely disappointed with the ride that Boulder Dash gave, and all of the hype about it.

After the disappointlent on Boulder Dash, we went over to Down Time. This is a VERY well themed S&S turbo drop. It has great loading, and you are assigned a seat before you get on, which helps alot. They check your restraints, and then your off. You get a pretty quick thrust upwards, and then you slow down a bit, and travel the rest of the way to the top of the tower. when your up there, you hear "tick-tock" ,and evrey once and a while you would drop down like a centimeter, I dont know if this was to fake you out and make you think you were dropping, or the holding breaks at the top just arent very good. The drop itsself was very good, and intense once you reached the bottom.

Then I did the Skycoaster. This thing is amazing. You can see it from almost evreywhere in the park, and it is HUGE. The largest one in New England, in fact. I got onto it with the cheap price of $20.00, considering I paid $20.00 for the one at SFNE and its 70 feet shorter. I had to go alone since Grace chickened out on me. I was all harnessed in, and I started to get winched to the top, and I just kept climbing higher and higher. At one point, I wanted to get down because it was just unbeilvebly high. Once I reached the top, and I stopped. My heart was pounding. And I heard the attendant say "3...2...1...FLY!" I took a deep breath, reached back, felt the ripcord, and thought, "once I pull this I am going to fall twards the ground at 60 mph". And then I just went for it. I pulled it out, and before I could think I was falling... and falling. And then I felt the cable start to catch, and tighten, then I swung, I raced past the bottom of the arch, and flew upwards, with nothing to do but fall back again. After a few more swings, it was over. And I had done it. I had ridden the Skycoaster at Lake Compounce. What a rush. If anyone ever wants to do it, and wonders if its worth the money, this one definitely is, and I advise that you should do it.. Its such an amazing rush...amazing.

After that, we grabbed lunch, which was very cheap(the drinks were FREE!), and after lunch, we took the trolley over to the river rapids ride. We rode that, but I was disappointed with how dry I was afterward.

After the rapids ride, me and Grace went on the Skyride with my mom, and aunt. My mom being afraid of heights went on it, and did very well, but my aunt(who actually ISNT afraid of heights, was flipping out). The Skyride is very long, and you can get some very good views from it on the way back down. Here is a pic:

After that we walked over to Wildcat which was actualy a pretty fun ride. It was old, and kind of rough, but I found that there was some fun airtime, and the train overshot the station, so we got to go again. That was cool

Then we went over to Zoomerang.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
8/26/2005 5:29:49 PM
Sweet - glad you had a good time. It's weird how most folks I've talked with have had the same exact experience with Boulder Dash - I remember enjoying the first ride I took on it, but the subsequent, evening rides just left that ride in the dust. It's one heck of a coaster, in a great little park.
BobFunland

8/26/2005 7:26:42 PM
Yep Boulder Dash kicks alright, and those were some very good photos The drop tower did seem to have a nice theme, and that tick tock'ing sounds pretty neat. I wish I found tower rides worthwhile..

Jay (Hercules) also said that their enteprise was better than the one at Great Adventure, I'm mad that I skipped it

hehe.. your friend likes Iron Maden too. you and that crap (just kidding...)

--------------------
Where are the seatbelts?
skierman

8/26/2005 8:01:34 PM
Quote:
BobFunland said:
Yep Boulder Dash kicks alright, and those were some very good photos The drop tower did seem to have a nice theme, and that tick tock'ing sounds pretty neat. I wish I found tower rides worthwhile..

Jay (Hercules) also said that their enteprise was better than the one at Great Adventure, I'm mad that I skipped it

hehe.. your friend likes Iron Maden too. you and that crap (just kidding...)

Yes, you would remember my friend as Titan from ATC.
Message updated 8/26/2005 8:06:48 PM by skierman
larrygator

8/26/2005 11:07:52 PM
Best Rotor - boy they must have really fixed it up since last year. I looked at it, cringed and ran away last month with thoughts of last year's ride in mind head. I also think this is a very well run Enterprise

--------------------
Mom always said, "Don't play ball in the house".
Message updated 8/26/2005 11:09:05 PM by larrygator
BobFunland

8/27/2005 10:49:20 AM
Quote:
skierman said:
Yes, you would remember my friend as Titan from ATC.

Ah. OK.. I didn't piece together the name too well.
primogen18

8/29/2005 8:23:49 PM
nice TR/pics, glad you had a good time. Theyre skyride resembles Knoebel's, or Knoebels resembles theres rather, both have nice views, I just like the one at Knoebels a little more since you see right over the park and all. Still, nice tr and stuff, looks like a cool park
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics