Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author A Wonderful Day at Canobie Lake Park
Canobie Coaster

8/23/2005 12:23:18 PM
On August 16th, 2005, I went with my family to Canobie Lake Park. I left my house at 10:30, and arrived at Canobie at 11:30. The general admission was a bargain($26). When in the parking lot, I saw the wonderful Yankee Cannonball, the Sky Wheel, and the Policy Pond Log Flume.

Once in the park, I had my picture taken with the park mascot, the Canobie Dog. Judging from the parking lot, the park would be packed today, and it was.

First, I headed to Policy Pond Log Flume, but the line was out of its queue. I looked around this area, and all of the rides were out of their queues, so I headed to another area. I went to the area with the Tilt "a" Whirl, and the ride had no wait. Instead of riding the Tilt "a" Whirl, I went to the Skater.

There was no line, but that was because it was closed for the day(maintenance issues). The Skater is like the Rockin' Tug, but much bigger.

For my first ride of the day, I went on the brand new Wipe Out. I was impressed by the ride, and it was better than the usual trabant rides. The Wipe Out had excellent Hawaiian theming, and was a walk-on. The Wipe Out had excellent air-time, and was spectacular. I liked it so much, I rerode it, and it was still a walk-on.

As people were near the front of the park, I headed to the eastern side, with the Yankee Cannonball, but the wait for the Yankee Cannonball was massive, out of the queue line.

Instead, I rode the Star Blaster. It's one of my favorite rides at Canobie. The wait was ten minutes, and was worth it. I sat on the side facing the Yankee Cannonball. The ride's speaker wasn't working correctly, making the launch more exciting. The ride is an S&S Powers double shot(85ft tall), and it gives excellent air-time at the top. It also has a great stomach-dropping sensation. Star Blaster may not be that tall, but packs a punch. Then, I rerode Star Blaster, and it had a 5 minute wait.

Next, I rode many of the flat rides. First, I rode the Paratrooper, and it was a walk-on. The Paratrooper at Canobie runs longer than most of them, and gives you a magnificent breeze.

After the Paratrooper, I rode the Psycho Drome. It is by far my favorite scrambler. The line was 15 minutes, as the ride took forever to load. The Psycho Drome is a very fast scrambler, and has great strobe lights, so it appears you will crash into the other cars.

Then, I went on the Over the Rainbow ride. It is a Zamperla Samba Tower, and is a great ride. You can spin your balloon all you want, so you can have a relaxing ride, or a wild ride. The ride is like an observation tower, mixed with a balloon race and a tubs of fun ride. I spun my balloon as much as I could. I rode it twice in a row.

Next, I ate at the Portofino Restaurant. I had a cheese pizza. The food there is top-notch, and they have the world's best pizza. The beautiful Canobie Express travels by the window, and you get a great view of Canobie Lake. Also, while we ate, there was a peacock in the window. It was trying to attract a mate while we ate.

After lunch, I was hot, so I headed for the new Castaway Island water play area. It really is the biggest one in New England. However, I avoided it because of how it was packed with Camp Kids.

As a substitute I headed for the Big Timber Splash Water Coaster, but the line was gigantic. It was down onto the first staircase. Instead, I decided to ride the Mine of Lost Souls which had a 40 minute wait, but I decided to wait through it.

The Mine of Lost Souls is a wonderful dark ride built by Sally. You ride a car through a mine, and the plot has that people have been lost forever in the mine. I love the part with the dynamite, and the waterfall you travel under.

I was still hot after The Mine of Lost Souls, so I rode the Policy Pond Log Flume. The ride's wait was 45 minutes, but was continually moving. I love O.D. Hopkins log flumes, and this is one of the best ones. Ther
Message updated 8/23/2005 8:28:19 PM by Canobie Coaster
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics