Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author SFNE TR, 9-7-05
mrceagle

8/11/2005 5:55:42 PM
My older Brother and I for the first time in a while had some free time so we opted to go to SFNE since neither of use had been in a while.

We got an early start leaving at around 7:20 and got to the park at 10:00 for opening. We park towards the front and I was surprised at how few cars were in the parking lot. We opted to walk to the exit since there was a couple train loads already waiting and we know we could walk there faster. We entered the park and maid our way down Main Street and they were already leading people down to Superman. So we got down to the entrance and waited to get in.

At about 10:15 they got the gate open and we were in line. Wasn’t to bad of a wait about 20 minutes and we got in the back car front seat since it was a one train wait. Needless to say many people were waited for the very back seat. Superman ran well with the exception of a little shacking. They will need to work on the wheel before the end of the year. The park wasn’t that crowded I was expected allot more people given it was a Sunday.

So my brother and I maid our way up to Pandemonium, since it was only two of use we went up the single rider line and split up. I was on in about 3 minutes. Nice ride and some spinning, not as much as I was hoping for the car was too evened out. I took some pictures while I wanted for my brother to get off.

The rest of the morning we hit ride. Blizzard was a short wait and we walked onto Cyclone which was running like normal and both bakes were hitting hard, got a front seat ride though. We continued to make our rounds and hit Tomahawk which remain the best flat ride in the park

Houdini and Rodeo were closed. So off we went to the south end and hit more rides. We were keeping an eye on the time since we wanted to hit the shows. And hit them and we went along. We hit Shipwreck fall which I still find to be a disappointing ride. I mean in the far back on the out side the right side of my body got wet and the rest of me got nothing. We got on Mind bender with no trouble and a short 15 minute wait and figured since it was hot we’d hit the flume. The wait was longer then it should be and they were using only one side. The right side was used as a Q-bot entrance and maid our wait time double what it should have been. This sort of Q-bot extended wait would continue though out the day.

Batman is one of my favorite coasters. And I tend to have a better time riding it them superman given it’s allot more comfortable. But the operator that ran it really drove me nuts. I read a complaint about this girl in another Trip Report and I understand what he was so upset about. She wants everyone to scream and well and can’t shut up for ten seconds. In the mean while the load time and dragging. The wait was 20 minutes were it could have been a walk on and later in the day the wait was 40 minutes just all do to her. It wouldn’t be so bad if the queue was covered.

We walked back down to the superheroes area to hit Poison Ivy which is looking great now that the trees and plants have grown in. we also noticed that Joker was reopened. So we walked in.

The queue line now has holes in the walls and two ventilation fans at the far side. This actually make the queue are allot better and cooler. I can’t say that the ride itself was improved though. They were running it with the exit door open and it was so bright in there you could barley see the effects lighting. The ride also moved terribly slow and just wasn’t’ impressive. The lack of darkness made it seem even slower. We exited this just in time to see the batman show.

The shows were up all the main rides in the park had been ridden and we maid our way around.
The Pirate show “Splashbucklin' Scalleywags: A Pirate Game show Adventure!” It was a family oriented show and was a fun thing to watch. It’s more generated for kids but they got parks for adults also. My brother and I ended up playing tall mast while the kids that were picked
skierman

8/11/2005 6:54:35 PM
Very nice TR. Im heading over to SFNE on Saturday, and from what you said, hopefully the crowds wont be too bad. Just a few comments/questions:

Quote:
The rest of the morning we hit ride. Blizzard was a short wait and we walked onto Cyclone which was running like normal and both bakes were hitting hard, got a front seat ride though.

How was Cyclone? Last time I went to the park I saw about 6 mechanics on the third drop adding a piece of wood to it. Do you know what they are doing?

Quote:
I looked and saw that Scream had like no line only the main stretch along the towers. 1-20 minutes easy. Even with the combo running. Our short wait became a very long wait as the Q-bot invasion accrued again. They were letting 4-8 people from the Q-bot line for every 1 in our line. By the time we got on it was almost 10:00pm. An hour in line for this! The ride was working better then it used to. The launch had good power and the stop gave good air. The drop was ok but still fun.

Oh god. Those Q-botters can get so annoying. I just wish they could stop using the fast lane service.

At least they were operating combo. Lately they have been doing only space shot. How many towers were they operating?

--------------------
Join beeHiveMail!!!

mrceagle

8/12/2005 2:37:49 PM
Teh cyclone was rough like normal with bolth trims hiting. I didn't feel it as hard since I was in the front seat. still a depresing ride when you know how good it used to be.

They were runign all 3 towers earlyer in the day at night they had droped down to 1.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics