Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author ACE day at The Lake, July 23rd
mrceagle

7/27/2005 4:54:28 PM
My brother and his friend Anne met up with mean at 7:00 and we were on the road shortly after that. We maid great time hit almost no traffic on the pike and got to the park at 9:45

This was the only park of the trip that I didn’t like. The gates to the road didn’t open till 9:55 and the traffic already filled the road. We then traveled down to the ticket booth. I sate foolishly with my car running till 10:20 when they finally started letting people into park. We walked to the tunnel and saw our table got signed in and were ready to enter. But, the park didn’t open till 11:00 so we waited packed in like sardines. They finally opened the gates and we walked towards the entrance gates

The gates opened at 10:50 and I was impressed to see manager even Jerry (GM) taking tickets to get people in. MY brother friend and I walked to the water park only to find out that it didn’t open till noon. So we maid out way around to Boulderdash to get in something for that hour. Got one ride in the red car good ride car was a little rough. We left Bolderdash and figured we’d walk back to see in the water park was open which it was.
We hit Ghost Hunt While it was early. I don’t think all the targets were responding because I was hitting harder targets without a problem but a few didn’t even react. Anyways we road it once and I got 2,100 not my best score but not terrible.

This was my first time at this water park and it was pretty good. The lines moved reasonably fast. So Anne and I took our rounds. We did the three white slides first. # 1(right of the platform) was the best but al three had rough rides. They need to be resealed. Also it is a pain to get back to the stairs I kept cutting through the wave pool. The Light house slide came next. It’s a great ride, fun, and totally a dark slide with only a short wait. The tub slides were next there were two slides both fun. You had to agree that you were a strong swimmer and could swim in 12ft deep water with your head above water for 100ft before you could get a tub. See these two slides empty into the lake. Interesting twist the ride to the dock is fun by itself. We walked over to Mammoth falls the family aft ride and waited. Way to long of a wait and they were sending many of the boats out with two people. The boat holds better then twice that. We finally got there and climbed in. the ride was fun but I have been on better. From that point we had only the Lazy river

Anne was water parked out by that point so I got in line for Anchor bay alone. The area looks great a huge change from the year before and even bigger from when I say it in February. The river is great with a beautiful waterfall in the back of it. I put my hand up but didn’t need much help getting to the slide line. This was my longest wait of the day but it was also the best slide in the entire water park. After sliding back into the lazy river I floated around one more time and got out. Turn out all that took me 2.5 hours.

We walked up to the ball room to see the Jive Jump and Swing show. The show was pretty good but lacking. The performs were good but seemed a bit stiff there were a few tone problems also. The selection of music and the Commercials between them were good. I particularly liked the Pepsi jingle.

We maid our way down stair for drinks at the Crock pot and showed Anne all the old photos of the park. The 3 of us maid our way back up stair for the Variety Show starting at 4:00. Now I had seen this performer at the park before and was looking forward to it. The show proved to be the best show at the park and he did a little of every thing. Worked with the audience allot. You should defiantly make sure you see this show when you go to the park.

We hit wildcat between the next show and had a good ride only waited 15-20 minutes to ride. The coaster is running better then last year and still proves its greatness despite its age. So we got off and head up again to the ball room to see the Magic s
BobFunland

7/27/2005 6:34:31 PM
Quote:
mrceagle said:
We met up with the people from ace. We had allotted of people. A few came around from as far as Pennsylvania and Ohio. Allot of people from NJ and NY can as well.

Someone came all the way from Georgia too
(me, of course)

Quote:
I got ribs, Buffalo Chicken breast, Pumpernickel bead, and Italian Sausage on my first run. We met up with the people from ace. We had allotted of people. A few came around from as far as Pennsylvania and Ohio. Allot of people from NJ and NY can as well. I won at I survived Shirt in the raffle and talked to a family from NJ. I had two hamburgers with Provolone cheese and an Ice cream bar before I left.

That buffet was very good. By buffalo chicken, do you mean you put that buffalo sauce on the chicken? That sauce was awesome, I put some on the already-fantastic sausage. A very good meal, but I didn't win anything (as usual )

Quote:
We caught American Flyer which ran really well this year still can’t snap them.

OK, so I'm not crazy, because I did get some ok movement on them.

Quote:
I got 25 rides in for the ERT and went past my 100 rides mark. Not bad for my 4th trip to the Lake.

Not bad at all, though I unfortunately had to leave a bit before 11PM because my girlfriend was tired.

Quote:
If you’re even in the north east make sure to hit Lake Compounce. You will never regret it.

I sure as hell didn't regret it.

Nice report, mine will come eventually but I am just trying to catch up from the ast two months, I have fallen behind on TRs and reviews.

By the way, is your name Kevin? There was a guy there named Kevin who probably fit your profile (ACE member/early 20s) and I told larrygator the next day that I thought it may have been you.

--------------------
It's Playtime!
mrceagle

7/29/2005 4:45:31 PM
No I'm Michael Kevins Brother I was one the raffle just before he did. I wish I new you were there I would have maid a point to say Hi.

Ya I put that Bufflo sauce on the chickn, Ribs, Sasage, etc. it was really good.
BobFunland

7/30/2005 12:11:44 AM
Yea I would have as well, but since I wasn't sure I didn't want to make a fool of myself. I'm fairly timid at times.
mrceagle

8/1/2005 12:57:41 PM
I'm the other way around at a park I'm more likely to get loose since most people don't know me.

Too bad though. Glad to hear you had a good time.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics