Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Day 2 - PKD
Scott

6/1/2005 5:15:17 PM
After driving for about an hour, I was quite excited about pkd. I parked and headed up to the ticket window. While waiting in line to buy a ticket a little boy behind me said "Hey Mister, you wanna discount ticket?" His Mom handed me a coupon good for a $25 admission. Thank you! :wave: The kid asked about some of my coaster pins and my old rrc button. His family was fascinated with what I was doing. "Traveling just to go to theme parks?" They seemed bewildered by the whole concept. The kid then told me not to ride scooby doo because it was the scariest ride in the world. After that I walked into the park. I was blown away. Oh my goodness! What an entrance! I'd never seen anything like that before in a park - the whole scene just seems to scream "Ta Da!" The fountains were wonderfully full - they GUSHED. Fountains that shoot "fat water" are rare. And the Eiffel Tower, wow. It looked great, even though I wasn't wild about the color scheme. But the thing that made this whole area complete were the trees and tables that hugged the fountains and lined the square. I thought it would be so cool to eat dinner like that, at a fountainside table. I took some time absorbing the entrance and headed back to hypersonic xlc. I met sean up in front of xlc. He said that we needed to hurry up because people were flooding into the park. So we waited about 10 minutes for a front seat ride. Now, I came onto this ride not knowing what to expect. I hadn't read any reviews or done much research. All I knew was that bobfunland had said it was extremely rough, and yogurt thought it was smooth. Well, we pulled on to the launch track and sat for about a minute. After that we launched. The launch was insane. O to 80 in about a second. Wow. The launch took my breath away. It was amazing. Words cannot describe the feeling you get while launching. We went up the hill, and then back down. We then slammed into the final turn. "Ouch, owww, owww, oww, ooof!" Man that turn hurt. We then went over the little bunny hop. This was probably the most disappointing part of the ride. There was no airtime! What the hell? Hypersonic was not the coaster I had expected. It was rough, painful, and short. This was about as disappointing as dragster. Actually, it was worse. So, we headed over to the other end of the park and rode volcano the blast coaster. When I first saw this I thought it looked cheap. Most mountains aren't a hideous brown. But for some reason I thought it looked great that day. The flames spewing out of the top seemed to compliment it perfectly. We waited about half an hour to get on. We took the third row back. The launch was good, but not as good as hypersonic's. However, I thought that this ride was much better then what I had expected. It was very smooth (mostly up front) and gave a good fun ride. After that we strolled over to grizzly. At first I was confused because I saw the sign but didn't see the coaster. It's very well hidden in the trees! I liked the look of this area. It seemed like the *perfect* place for a classic wooden roller-coaster. What happened after that is a blur. I feel kind of sad really, because I honestly don't remember much of the ride. I do remember thinking that the first drop was not as bad as some people said. I also remember freaking out when I saw the tunnel. I was SCARED!! I remember I was out my seat and we were headed right for it, and the tunnel seemed angled, which may have been purposely designed to further the illusion that you could not fit inside of it. And the last thing I remember is being surprised at how short a ride it was. Don't get me wrong, It was still a very good ride. It was just different then I had expect. Next we went to The Hurler. I had NEVER heard anything about this coaster. I mean I had heard the name but nothing about the ride itself. The Hurler ROCKS!!! At first I thought I like this even better than The Grizzly. Its speed is relentless and it has some terrific drops. Of the four woodies at PKD<
Scott

6/1/2005 6:53:04 PM
Another thing I forgot to add was that the ride ops were very good all day. The longest wait was only an hour, not bad for memorial day weekend.
BobFunland

6/2/2005 12:52:52 AM
Wait, I thought you had been there before.

While I didnt like it as much, nor do I agree much with your Hurler affection, you still did a good job. Have fun at BGW again, and Shockwave is a TOGO. Batman at Astroworld is an Intamin.
Scott

6/2/2005 10:48:30 AM
Quote:
Wait, I thought you had been there before.

Where did I say that? I know that in some of hypersonic's comments I said it looked painful, but I edited that after I got back from my trip saying that it was painful.

Quote:
Batman at Astroworld is an Intamin

Thanks for pointing that out. I tried to write this up as quickly as possible, so I probably wasn't thinking. Or I'm just stupid.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics