Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 4 of 5 ] 1  2  3  [ 4 ] 5 
Author New Mods
bb_dg

6/20/2005 8:22:30 PM
i went by and cleaned up what i could find of the reviews. as you all know, there are thousands of reviews to police. if you think something is getting out of hand, simply report the review and it will show up in the mod area and someone will take a look at it. updating the ride listing is solely shortcakes job but its marks call if he wants to allow us to do it.
- Thread Locked
Swimace

6/20/2005 8:36:15 PM
I like Shortcake a lot as a mod, but frankly she just isn't around anymore. I know it's Mark's call, but he should consider putting someone else in with Shortcake to update the rides
- Thread Locked
Scott

6/24/2005 9:53:14 PM
I still give you guys credit for trying. I can tell that you guys are working as hard as you can.

And yeah, what did happen to bobfunland. When I first joined this site he was making about 150 posts a week. Now he's having a hard time even making the top poster thing.
- Thread Locked
larrygator

6/25/2005 11:14:34 AM
Quote:
Scott said:
I still give you guys credit for trying. I can tell that you guys are working as hard as you can.

And yeah, what did happen to bobfunland. When I first joined this site he was making about 150 posts a week. Now he's having a hard time even making the top poster thing.

I think he has been away from home traveling a lot with less internet access.
- Thread Locked
BobFunland

6/27/2005 5:28:45 PM
Sorry, Ive been busy and such as Larry eluded to. I'll try ot get around to more frequent activity, but for now, the only main way of keeping track of what's going on is through TPC WAP for me, but you can't read the comments so I haven't seen them (plus I cant log in or anything). I'll try to find some more portals a bit more often and keep in touch with the site. Sorry again
- Thread Locked
WAR2174

6/28/2005 10:13:33 PM
It's too bad the site has gone back down a little in recent weeks. New mods did help out, but lately they don't seem to be around much. I understand that people have lives, I have a life too. But I still can find a few minutes to visit during the day. I know Mark probably doesn't want tons of mods, but something needs to be done. There are tons of rides either removed but still open for reviews, or built and operating but not open for reviews. It can't be that hard to add someone else to the rides function. If the site isn't kept up, new and potentially good members will be driven away to other sites. I think that is unfortunate.
Message updated 6/28/2005 10:14:59 PM by WAR2174
- Thread Locked
BobFunland

6/29/2005 12:27:41 AM
Sorry, but its hard for me to check every day when I dont have a steady internet connection. I do now, but later this week I'll be gone from the site again. It won't be until the end of July/early August until I will have that connection, since my hose still doesnt have internet and probably wont even when I get home (though I will take care of that).

Sorry if I'm not doing as well as some had hoped
- Thread Locked
WAR2174

6/29/2005 12:46:14 AM
^I'm not taking a shot at you. I realize you have a life and this site is a hobby not a job. I am saying that something needs to happen to keep the site from falling down again. We have had a rash of anonomyous posters, posting stupid stuff. Plus the only person who can do work on the rides (the most important part of the site) hasn't been here since April. I think that is a problem, perhaps small and insignificant in the grand scheme, but some people really like this site so it should be taken care of.
- Thread Locked
Hercules

6/29/2005 11:06:29 AM
I would like to throw my hat into the running for a mod position ..... Just kidding, I know it won't happen because Mark probably doesn't want a lot of mods.

And it is not you B. Fun. I (and hopefully we all) know that you have been busy and stuff. You were and will continue to do a fine job

This is just a hobby, but the site does need some major housework done. Well, it's kind of turned into a make over, but it's cool. I'm still here it can't be that bad. It's not bad. The community that we have here really holds things together.

Vote Jay (aka Hercules) for new mod...
This message was paid for by the people for Hercules.
- Thread Locked
WAR2174

6/29/2005 1:12:48 PM
I'll vote for you man.

I just think some work needs to be done to keep the site fresh. Without the new rides to review and silly posts being made, the site will become stale and people might leave. But most important new blood won't come in. The site has gotten recent attention in newspapers and other media sources, that free advertising. Some people might come to the site and check it out. If they for instance, go to read reviews for a ride that is pretty new and no reviews are there because it is open; that person might think that the site isn't taken care of and will go google a different site. That could have been a solid member who had alot to contribute.
- Thread Locked
Swimace

6/29/2005 9:02:10 PM
I just think we need another mod besides Shortcake to update rides because she just flat out isn't doing it.
- Thread Locked
coaster05

6/29/2005 11:32:09 PM
I would be happy to be a mod especially for ride updates just in case mark wants another. I do think we will be fine once bob gets his internet back.
- Thread Locked
bb_dg

6/30/2005 11:19:38 AM
like its been said before, all the mods have the power to update the ride listings (and im sure all would be more than happy to) but its always been shortcakes area we've respected marks decision to just have shortcake do the ride updates.
- Thread Locked
WAR2174

6/30/2005 7:35:02 PM
Well, hopefully she comes back so people can review some of the newer rides. It is summer time, and people may be checking sites for info on themeparks and such. Plus alot of people on the site have been able to get out and haven't been able to share thier opinions on some rides.
- Thread Locked
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
7/1/2005 2:02:47 PM
Quote:
bb_dg said:
if you think something is getting out of hand, simply report the review and it will show up in the mod area and someone will take a look at it.

My point exactly. If anyone notices trouble that is being overlooked, post it in the mod area - or even here.

Hercules, I'm sorry if you feel like we're slacking on the job, but as bb_dg said, there is a HUGE number of reviews on the site, and it's nearly impossible to keep an eye on everything that happens. I do try to check the new reviews that show up, but I can't catch it all. Your help, as well as everyone's, is greatly appreciated - we mods do what we can, but are always open to advice.

--------------------
It's not a successful ride on the Flying Scooter unless you've got bruises to tell the story for you.
- Thread Locked
*FreeBird*

7/4/2005 10:18:51 PM
This ride update thing is becoming a major problem for this site. It's been like over a month and no updates have been made.
- Thread Locked
sfo1

7/4/2005 11:33:07 PM
I know... I'm anxious for Hades to be open for reviews as I'm sure everyone is. It was the most interesting attraction bulit this year, I'm really looking forward to reading some opinions.
- Thread Locked
coaster05

7/5/2005 9:27:09 AM
Hades definately delivers the goods even if IMO the park is a huge pile of crap Hades is fantastic.
- Thread Locked
Hercules

7/5/2005 2:38:47 PM
Quote:
adriahna said:
My point exactly. If anyone notices trouble that is being overlooked, post it in the mod area - or even here.

Hercules, I'm sorry if you feel like we're slacking on the job, but as bb_dg said, there is a HUGE number of reviews on the site, and it's nearly impossible to keep an eye on everything that happens. I do try to check the new reviews that show up, but I can't catch it all. Your help, as well as everyone's, is greatly appreciated - we mods do what we can, but are always open to advice.

I know. I'm sorry if I offended. I have made a few posts on a few reviews that I have found to be kind of skeptic and nothing was done about them or posted about Sound I post something about them again?

--------------------
"I could never design another ride like Hercules." - Curtis Summers

- Thread Locked
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
7/5/2005 3:54:09 PM
Did you click the "review complaint" button? We can easily miss review comments, but when you click the complaint button just below the review in question, it lets us know of any problems. Definitely the way to go.

Also, don't worry - I don't think anyone's offended. We're here to make this a better place for everyone - and we always appreciate input.
- Thread Locked
darkridrMD

7/5/2005 4:22:55 PM
I'm glad others have voiced this issue with the ride updates. I faithfully check for Fandango to be added to Knoebels and it's very frustrating, especially when you are trying to keep a review in your head.
- Thread Locked
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
7/5/2005 4:26:37 PM
I know, darkridr - tell me about it. I'm seriously hoping that Shortcake takes care of this soon...
- Thread Locked
darkridrMD

7/5/2005 5:55:36 PM
Yup and I just rode Flying Tigers with my nephew so I wanna review that one as well.
- Thread Locked
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
7/5/2005 7:03:57 PM
How is Flying Tigers - worth checking out, even as an adult?
- Thread Locked
darkridrMD

7/6/2005 10:13:37 AM
I thought it was a lot of fun! Has a nice whipping action and cool planes. Wish they had that one when I was a kid.
- Thread Locked
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
7/6/2005 10:14:31 AM
Sort of a modern kiddie whip - do they let unaccompanied adults on board? I know, that sounded hilarious...
- Thread Locked
darkridrMD

7/6/2005 5:12:27 PM
LOL I'm not sure. It was cool 'cause the ride op didn't let me ride free with my nephew but his dad had to pay when he went on the kiddie cars.
- Thread Locked
AmsmtPk

10/8/2005 2:50:18 PM
I must be doing something wrong, or it's a webtv thing. I have tried tried to submit my reviews on different rides. I write a lengthy report and then pick a review rating number and then click the submit button. I am then given a banner stating that I must pick a rating number. I would like to post my reviews on rides at Cliff's but some how I can't. I did however create an amusement park homepage
http://community.webtv.net/AmsmtPk/TheIddyBiddyMidway

--------------------
I'm moving to Albuquerque so I can live close to Cliff's Amusement Park.
- Thread Locked
AmsmtPk

10/8/2005 2:52:33 PM
I must be doing something wrong, or it's a webtv thing. I have tried tried to submit my reviews on different rides. I write a lengthy report and then pick a review rating number and then click the submit button. I am then given a banner stating that I must pick a rating number. I would like to post my reviews on rides at Cliff's but some how I can't. I did however create an amusement park homepage http://community.webtv.net/AmsmtPk/TheIddyBiddyMidway
- Thread Locked
skierman

10/8/2005 4:49:02 PM
Just because someone didn't reply within 2 minutes dosen't mean you need to post the exact same thing again.

And to answer your question, im pretty cure its a webtv thing because the reviews work fine for me.
- Thread Locked
Page [ 4 of 5 ] 1  2  3  [ 4 ] 5 
Clicky Web Analytics