Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Hershey Park Trip
*FreeBird*

9/23/2003 3:58:00 PM
I actually went to this park a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday near the end of August.(this would be my first time there) It was a nice sunny day, and not too hot either. We actually go tickets on a group rate through my church for $20.00 other than $35.00 which saved us $15.00 each! Now onto the review.

We started off in the parking lot, which was pretty full, and went into the park. The first place we went is to Mamma Ilardos in Rhineland. This is the most expensive place to eat in the world!!! $3.00 for a hotdog! $6.00 2 slices of pizza! Im sorry but im just not used to this over expensive pricing. The food was nothing special, so thats the last time I will be eating there or anywhere in the park. After that we headed to the Comet but the line was way too long. Than we headed to SooperDooperLooper and the ride was closed. So we headed to the GREAT BEAR. The line was pretty long, about 45 minute wait but shorter that the Comet. This is a terrific ride but a little too short but worth the wait. This was also my first inverted coaster. After that it was to the FENDER BENDER bumper cars. Pretty good but no match for Knoebels. After that it was the CAPITAL BLUE CROSS MONORIAL. This was pretty neat, good view of different parts of the park. Than we headed over to the Trailblazer. This was an ok ride, good for families. But waiting in line for about an HOUR makes it a terrible ride, and a wast of time! After that I would of went on Tidal Force and Canyon River Rapids but it was a bit too chilly so we headed to the WILDMOUSE, and was very surprised! This is ultimitly a fun ride, fast moving line and very decieving! It looks boring from down below but once your on it will look as though you will fall off the track! A great ride. After that it was the WILD CAT, a great wooden coaster, though missing a tunnel, is almost as good as the Twister. After that we went to the WHIP which was a better than Knoebels because it went faster. After that I headed to LIGHTNING RACER. The line for this ride was nothing! A guess with 4 coaster trains going thats why. Another good wooden coaster, my side won!!! (Thunder) After that we decied that we would eat on the way home since their prices were so outrages. For the final ride I rode the COMET, which is pretty neat to look at, at night. You can tell this coaster is old because of the warping in the lift. This is was a nice ride to end the day but also waited pretty long.

Overall I had a good time. I guess next time I should come during the week and earlier in the season because the lines in some rides were too long. Their were also many rides I didn't get to ride like SooperDooperLooper and the water rides. Also, they should really think about lowering their prices for food. (Next year im just going to pack a lunch) But that can wait for next year. Anyways Hershey has a good atmosphere and is a nice park.

--------------------
Cause i'm free as a bird now, And this bird you cannot change,
Lord know I can't change!!!

Message updated 1/22/2004 7:45:00 PM by *FreeBird*
gardener14

9/23/2003 5:14:00 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed the park, however I find it interesting that you repeatedly criticized Hersheypark's food prices because I never find their prices to be unreasonable for a major park. There are a variety of food outlets, and some offer better quality, portion sizes, and prices than others, and most menu items are available a la carte even if "combo meals" are featured on the menu, making prices more reasonable. Also, Hersheypark's food outlets will gladly give you free tap water, and I appreciate that as it is something that most SF parks will not do. I admit that the food is not bargain priced, but I think if you look around the park you can find food choices and prices that are better than at some other parks.
*FreeBird*

9/23/2003 5:40:00 PM
Yeah, your right, there's probably better places to eat in the park, its just that I got so mad at stupid Mama Retardos ripping me off. I guess other parks are the same way. Im just used to Knoebel's low priced food. I didn't mean to critize all their food in general.
MovieCoast

9/23/2003 5:40:00 PM
It's a shame you didn't get on SDL...classic ride.
*FreeBird*

9/23/2003 5:43:00 PM
I know! I've always heard its a great coaster. The first looping type in the east coast. I guess they were fixing it . Oh well, that will just give me another reason to go next year.
smk

9/24/2003 10:29:00 PM
SDL was closed the last 2 times I went to Hershey (a few weeks ago, and this past Saturday the 20th)... I was pretty unhappy about that. I saw the track and supports lying behind Lightning Racer & Roller Soaker though, they look very promising
*FreeBird*

9/24/2003 10:43:00 PM
I can't wait for the new Rocket Coaster! 0-72 mph in 2 seconds!
Message updated 9/24/2003 10:44:00 PM by *FreeBird*
smk

9/25/2003 4:53:00 PM
Neither can I, I don't know how I'm gonna get through the off-season! A bunch of my friends and I are gonna try to go on opening day and run to it
Danny

10/4/2003 11:07:00 PM
SDL was broken when I visited HP in 99. Needless to say I was pissed.
3r1c

10/12/2003 1:01:00 PM
Hershey is dumb. Their food prices are way overpriced, even Six Flags was cheaper. They also never run Trailblazer to full capacity, and it usually has a 45-70 minute wait. I absolutely despise how packed the park has gotten in the past 5 years. Give me Dorney any day.

BTW, I'm a lot more interested in Dorneys floorless than Hersheys rocket
*FreeBird*

10/13/2003 9:45:00 PM
Quote:
3r1c said:
Hershey is dumb. Their food prices are way overpriced, even Six Flags was cheaper. They also never run Trailblazer to full capacity, and it usually has a 45-70 minute wait. I absolutely despise how packed the park has gotten in the past 5 years. Give me Dorney any day.

BTW, I'm a lot more interested in Dorneys floorless than Hersheys rocket

I disagree, I like Hershey. Sure they might be overcrowded at times but I don't think it is all the time. I think a lot of their food is overpriced but I'm sure theirs some cheaper places in the park. Trailblazer isn't a thrill ride, it's more of a beginner coaster or a family type ride. I have never been to Dorney so I can't compare.
Message updated 10/13/2003 9:47:00 PM by *FreeBird*
Red Rascal

10/14/2003 3:58:00 PM
I think Dorney is better. I'd rather spend a day at Dorney rather than Hershey. I prefer Talon to any coaster at Hershey.
Chet

10/14/2003 4:02:00 PM
heck, i prefer laser to any coaster at hershey.. except GB and LR.
3r1c

10/14/2003 6:46:00 PM
Quote:
thewall28 said:
Trailblazer isn't a thrill ride, it's more of a beginner coaster or a family type ride.

I can respect that you like Hershey, but I know Trailblazer isn't a thrill ride, but when it's line exceeds 40 minutes it's ridiculous, especially when they run one train.
*FreeBird*

10/14/2003 8:29:00 PM
Quote:
3r1c said:
I can respect that you like Hershey, but I know Trailblazer isn't a thrill ride, but when it's line exceeds 40 minutes it's ridiculous, especially when they run one train.

I know, I was mad to when I waited like an hour. It just isn't worth it when you wait that long.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics