Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Canobie Lake Park- 8/25
schroom

8/25/2003 9:27:00 PM
Well, today we headed up to good ol' Canobie for a family day. The park opened at noon and we got there at around 12:30. We arrived to find the park pretty crowded. First we headed to the best ride in the park, Yankee Cannonball. The queue was filled, and only one train was running (wish it could run two), but it ended up being only about a half hour wait. We got a seat in the middle, but it still is a great woodie that has tons of airtime...

Next, we headed over to the Starblaster, being my second time on this ride. It may not appear to be very intimidating at only around 80 feet (i think?). However, this is actaully intense and you get a lot of air at the top. Wait was about 20 minutes.

After that we kind of took it easy and went on some flats, then ate lunch. After lunch we headed to the Boston Tea Party, a very nicely themed shoot the chute. Although the queue was full, the wait was only around 20 minutes.

Next was the Corkscrew Coaster, which looked very nice in a new paint job with jet black supports. I sat in the back row and got a little airtime on the drop, and I was pleasantly surprised because I had a much smoother ride on this than previous times. However, its a Corkscrew, so theres never really much there. We took a ride on the Pirate Ship and then the Log Flume after that.

From then on we did the Yankee Cannonball a few more times (waiting about 30-45 minutes), and my new favorite seat is the third row, which is where I got the most airtime. The lines for almost every ride in the park was out of the queue by the time we left.

So overall, I had a fun day and definatly am gonna come back here next summer.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics