Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author The Great Escape 7/30/03 (LONG!!!)
MovieCoast

8/4/2003 9:11:00 AM
I'm baaaak. Did ya'll miss me? I bet ya did lol. Well I got back from Lake George yesterday (beautiful lake), and I'm now ready to report on the great day I had at the Great Escape!

Park: 7/10
This was my first taste of a "Six Flags" park. Yes it isn't actually one of the flags yet, but it is a territory and the people doing one show called it "Six Flags Great Escape". Whatever...Anyway, I found the park to be exceptionally clean, beautifully themed and landscaped, and bigger than I had initially anticipated. While the park is not a Six Flags park yet, there are signs of it being mutated. For instance, one of the weirdest things about the park was the log flume. The sign on the station front and at the etrance say it is Poland Springs Plunge (Poland Springs is the official water of Six Flags). However, inside the station it still had it's old sign for Desperado Plunge, the lookout area was called Desperado Plunge lookout, on the map it said DP too. Very strange indeed...The only other problem I had with the park was the pitiful waterpark. So small, so dull. Very upsetting like my 1 hr. wait for Nightmare...Anyway I had a great time at the park. Coasters...

Coasters:
Nightmare at Crackaxle Canyon (Steel Enclosed Jet Star, 1999) 4/10
Let me first say how happy I am that I got this ride out of the way first thing, because if I hadn't I doubt I would've gotten on the other coasters. The outside queue line is nicely themed, but too hot to wait in. Thankfully when I rode the line was just inside the building. ONE HOUR WAIT!!! Grrr...I waited less for Millenium Force!!! While waiting in line I noticed some lovely graffiti on the walls in the building. So fun to look at when the line is moving an inch every 5 min. When I got to the loading area I learned why the wait was so long. This ride has the most horrible cpacity I've ever seen. Three little two person cars operating. No more no less. How annoying!!! The ride itself was enjoyable enough with some nice drops and sprials in the dark, and it was a little disorienting. However it was nothing special. When I came out a girl waiting in line asked me if the wait was worth. I said "Not really", which was an understatement.
Rides: 1 Wait: 1 hr.

Canyon Blaster (Steel Mine Train, 2003) 3/10
Why oh why does Arrow do so poorly with these things??? This one is the worst, becuase it is so incredibly short. After the first lift, there is a large turn followed by a nice twisiting drop into the "canyon" followed by a few feet of flat banked track before hitting lift hill #2. There was enough speed for a least a helix or bunny hills but NOOO. Can't do that now. The second lift is quite high for a mine ride and as a helix right of it, which is quite large and easily the best part of the ride. Speed galore, enough for about 2,000 ft. more of track, and what happens. Turn, up, brakes. It's just wrong. The ride however did have some nice themeing in the "canyon".
Rides: 1 Wait: 15 min.

Steamin Deamon (Steel Looper, 1987) 4/10
Very simple. Turn, lift, turn, drop, loop, bumpy turn, double corkscrew, turn, brake run. A smooth ride for an Arrow looper with minimal headbanging. My shoulder however got bashed in the corkscrews.
Rides: 1 Wait: 5 min.

Boomerang (Steel Boomerang, 1999) 4/10
Average boomerang with neat looking cars. This one was quite smooth.

Alpine Bobsled (Steel Boblsed) 5/10
This was my first regular bobsled (DT wasn't what I would consider one). The ride was quite fun with nice turns and speed. There were, however, way too many brakes on the ride.

Comet (Wooden Double Out and Back, 1994) 10/10
OMG!!! That's what I was saying when I had returned on my first ride on the Comet, the single best wooden coaster I've ever been on (so far). The majority of my rides, including my first, was towards the back. I sat on the
BobFunland

8/4/2003 9:28:00 AM
This is a great review of the park- you did a great job with everything! Its strange that you only waited 5mins for the Comet and an hour for Nightmare. Very good job rating everything and it seems as if you enjoyed yourself, so that's good.
MovieCoast

8/4/2003 9:45:00 AM
Thanks.
MovieCoast

8/7/2003 9:50:00 AM
PKI_Fan

9/6/2003 9:12:00 PM
Cool TR, Probaly one of the better ones I have seen for this park.
MovieCoast

9/9/2003 6:23:00 PM
That's cuz I'm one of the few who like it lol.
PKI_Fan

10/18/2003 11:59:00 PM
I have not benn (I live in Indiana and the furthest east I have gone is Ohio..) but anyway I whould not mind going if I am ever over there, I heard Comet is awesome. Rentzy187 also said that the park was decent.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics