Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Story Land trip 5-26-03
mrceagle

6/6/2003 2:50:00 AM
Got to the park around 10:15. Got right in do to Customer appreciation day’s admission was $15 instead of $20. Went in and walked up to the Cuckoo Clockenspiel
Highly themed teacups ride themed as a giant Cuckoo clock. This ride is easily spun and one you get is going it remains moving. When then mad our way to the parks Roller coaster the Poller coaster. Through the day I took in 16 rides and with a slight drizzle and later rain it was moving slightly faster then normal. Best thing they were running 2 rains something other local parks haven’t been doing. This resulted in no wait time and often double rides.

We, me and my guests hit both the park water rides. A family Raft rides with miniature rapids and exterior water effects. The effects were turned down do to the cold rainy day. The other was the Bamboo Chute. A Chines themed Flume ride.

Through the day we his every ride in the park. We stopped and took a look at the construction of the parks new farm themed are. It’s looking pretty good and I watched a test run on the Crazy Barn. This ride looks like allot of fun.

Below the crazy barn you find the Ocean themed area. The new ride Whirling
Whales, is like a family wipe out. It gives you that same up and down wave motion. The turtle twirl (tilt-A-whirl) was running very fast the are is looking very good and is placed well enough so you wont se much of the new, upcoming farm area. A new tree carving can also be found being sculpted. The park has many of them through the property.

At in the Lose Bravos Mexican themed area. Had Chicken fingers and a Souvenir cup. Allot of food, 4 hug strips and the 28oz souvenir cup coast me less then $6.00.

After eating we walked through the silver mine a crooked house attraction. And then mad our way to the carousel. They have repainted much of the ride and installed new springs on the horses so they rock correctly. We then rode the Pumpkin Coach to Cinderella’s Castle. Waked back down. We had hit all the rides and the show we wanted to see. That being Farm Fallis a live action/Animatronic show.

With the rain started, and raining hard, we were socked and cold. It was only 3:30 and they were open to 5. We opted to walk over to the Heritage and interactive walkthrough about NH State History.

Before we left we had the person at the main gate call up one of the manager Jack. I had exchanged many E-mail with him and wanted to meat him. So we met and talked about the park for about 20 minutes. How the new area was going new rides and attraction things like that.

The Heritage is a separate pay attraction located right next to the park. Again the Customer appreciation mad admission $8 instead of $10. The place is looking very good. The new ship sim is great and working better then before. The George Washington Animatronic is either new or reprogrammed. The face is defiantly new. But the movement, especially the standing movement, is far better then it was 2 tears ago. The Employees are all dressed in period dress and help tell the story and History of the state. The Highpoint and our reason for hitting the attraction was a Segway Scooter.

The scoter is allot of fun and allot easier then you would expect to operate. This is the brand new technology mad in Manchester, NH. Company like Disney and the US post office are using this scooter for their everyday jobs. I would like to get one but can’t afford the $5,000 price tag.

Just before 5:00 we herd and announcement regardless of rain they were going to be open till 6:00. 1 hour later, we had hit the coaster many more times and a few choice flat rides.

Regardless of the rain the day was great. I look forward to my next visit.

All the parks rides are highly themed and of the Disney quality. Debatably Story Land is the best theme park in New England.

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." W
Message updated 6/6/2003 2:53:00 AM by mrceagle
gardener14

6/6/2003 8:45:00 PM
Great trip report! Did you find out anything interesting from talking with that manager? When do you suspect the farm area will be completed? And what is a wipeout to which you compared the Whirling Whales? I'm glad you wrote about your trip, and I'm glad someone else here appreciates this beautiful park. It may be child-oriented, but it is still a very well managed park that others should look to as an example.
mrceagle

6/7/2003 12:19:00 AM
Quote:
gardener14 said:
Great trip report! Did you find out anything interesting from talking with that manager? When do you suspect the farm area will be completed? And what is a wipeout to which you compared the Whirling Whales? I'm glad you wrote about your trip, and I'm glad someone else here appreciates this beautiful park. It may be child-oriented, but it is still a very well managed park that others should look to as an example.

The Farm are will be open by the end of the Month with the Mini farm fallis show opening within this year or early next year. Within the next two years the Full-scale show will more into the Farm area.

The old Farm fallis building may be turned into a Museum showcasing old rides and attractions from the parks 50years. The Fire truck and Original Coach will go in the museum as centerpieces. That’s the biggest news.

Some sadder news is they may remove the Silver mine and replace it with something else.

Wipe out- if you have ridden a Tribiant of Chance whip out (Joker’s wildcard) you have the whip out part of the ride. It spins and your car goes up and down like riding over a wave on a boggy board. That is what the ride is like.

Something considered but not on the planing boards is a new coaster. But nothing directly planed. Just something they would like to have.
Red Rascal

6/7/2003 5:46:00 PM
What type of ride is the Crazy Barn?

--------------------
Coaster count: 73
gardener14

6/7/2003 7:05:00 PM
Thanks MRCEagle for the info. That is cool news about the museum idea. I visited Story Land once or twice each summer from the mid 1970's until the late 1990's. Then my youngest sibling got too old and I haven't been there in a while. Being the oldest child I got to hold onto my youth visiting Story Land while everyone else grew up too. It is a beautiful place with lots of great memories. I think I will have to visit this year even without any youngsters just to check it all out again and relive my youth. That is sad about the Silver Mine. As a child I would recreate the tour in the trees of my back yard and guide friends through my imaginary silver mine like we did at Story Land. I also liked the "special spiffy silver sifter."
mrceagle

6/7/2003 7:47:00 PM
Quote:
Big Red said:
What type of ride is the Crazy Barn?

Crazy house info

It's a barn themed Preston Barberi Cravy house. you can get Video and info from that link. it lifts, spins, and has manye effects build into the ride. smoke, rain, lighning just to name a few.
mrceagle

6/7/2003 7:51:00 PM
Quote:
gardener14 said:
Thanks MRCEagle for the info. That is cool news about the museum idea. I visited Story Land once or twice each summer from the mid 1970's until the late 1990's. Then my youngest sibling got too old and I haven't been there in a while. Being the oldest child I got to hold onto my youth visiting Story Land while everyone else grew up too. It is a beautiful place with lots of great memories. I think I will have to visit this year even without any youngsters just to check it all out again and relive my youth. That is sad about the Silver Mine. As a child I would recreate the tour in the trees of my back yard and guide friends through my imaginary silver mine like we did at Story Land. I also liked the "special spiffy silver sifter."

Go definatly go. I'm 23, My brother just abotu 21, and his Girlfriend is 19, we went with just the three of us.

Teh site has this park up for reviews. please review teh rides.

Story Land reveiw page
mrceagle

6/7/2003 7:58:00 PM
Teh Silver mind is jsut a posibility. thou they have shanged much of it since our days. they have put a sumpraro on teh bears head nthe first room and no langer talk about his mother. hosea is also no longer in the quick sand pit. their is jsut a not sayign hill be back soom. the mine carts don't move the moter has been dead for years I've ben tod. but the two brothers are still thir lighing up the attraction.

We looked at the area sn all they coudl do is rescript a new mine atraction. they can't really fit anyhting else in the building.
Red Rascal

6/7/2003 8:08:00 PM
I've never heard of this company until now. No wonder it's not known well. Their products aren't that great. This Crazy House concept seems alright.

Quote:
mrceagle said:
Crazy house info

It's a barn themed Preston Barberi Cravy house. you can get Video and info from that link. it lifts, spins, and has manye effects build into the ride. smoke, rain, lighning just to name a few.

mrceagle

6/7/2003 8:23:00 PM
Quote:
Big Red said:
I've never heard of this company until now. No wonder it's not known well. Their products aren't that great. This Crazy House concept seems alright.

Actually allot of tehri products are based on older SDC rides. theri materhorn is beter then the one from chance. they also make somt of the best ferris wheels. their MusikExpress is verry populare. it's theri bigist seler. faster and steeper drops then most on the market.
Red Rascal

6/7/2003 8:28:00 PM
This company can't compare to Chance/Morgan, Huss, Zamperla, or Zierer.
mrceagle

6/7/2003 10:24:00 PM
Quote:
Big Red said:
This company can't compare to Chance/Morgan, Huss, Zamperla, or Zierer.

Chance has only a few good ride. Zierer is a family coaster company the restof teir flats are pointless.

Zemperly is prity good but offerign family rides liek Preston Barberi

Huss is a thrill ride company and I agree they can't compete. but then nobody can compete.
mrceagle

1/12/2005 10:30:00 PM
Previus trip info. this post pluse info on this link will give you a good idea of Story land

New ride coming for 2005.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics