Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author TR : Paramount SCAROWINDS
xDisney

10/14/2001 1:57:00 AM
Paramount Scarowinds 10-13-01
****Attractions exclusively for Scarowinds

The usual Coastercats suspects arrived at 6:30pm at the north gate. Parking was $7.00 and we parked right up front. Gates opened at 6:45 and the park opened promply at 7:00pm.

-First stop was Top Gun : The Jet Coaster. We were one of the first to arrive, so there was no wait. Top Gun seemed to be running faster than normal, probably because it had been running all day and was pretty hot. I have to say it was my fastest Top Gun ride to date. The extra speed added some intense snap in the barrel rolls.

-Next was Thunder Road ( Forward ) Thunder road was also running MUCH faster than normal. The G's in the bottom of the hills were awesome. It felt like the cars would fly off the track. Again, my best ride on Thunder Road to date. Walked on, no wait

****Next was Elvira's Superstition at the FX theatre. The pre-show was good and very well done and pretty funny. The attraction was a very slick heavily themed scary roller roller coaster similator with Elvira as the host and guide. 5 minute wait.

****Next was the Dungeon of Doom near the corporate picnic area. This was an indoor walk-through haunted house style attraction. Very nice gothic and egyptian style themeing. This large walk-through was packed with cool special effects and frights. Nothing cheap here, first class halloween haunts. As you exited you were greeted by a headless rider on a real horse charging in your direction and a 20 column of flame burst out of nowhere to light the scene. Cool Hollywood stuff.

****Next was The Asylan near Subway. This is my personal pick for the best Halloween Attraction. This was a HUGE indoor maze consisting of chain link fences, mirrored walls, cool lighting effects, lunatics, massive blinding fog and an awesome sound system that was kickin some good music. We were lost in this insane maze for at least 20 minutes as were a lot of others. Just as a little panic started to set in, we made it out though. Very cool and well done. 5 minute wait, lost 20 minutes. Had a ball.

-Next was Vortex ( B&M Stand-up ) Not my favorite coaster, but was running well and was a new experience in the pitch black. Ran fast and 10 minute wait.

**** Next was Bloodbath Bayou. This island has not been used in years. It's overgrown paths and walkways were the perfect area for a large outdoor walk-though haunted attraction. You entered through the riverboat. Plenty of ghouls and and awesone and very large graveyard. They did a lot of work to make this a pretty scary experience. My favorite part was a live grave digger with glowing eyes and all the cool fiber optics. Nice job. 15 minute wait.

-Next was Powder Keg Flume- First time riding a flume in the dark. Pretty cool. A little theming and two words....got soaked. 5 minute wait

****Next was Circus of Horrors 3-D. This was a was an AWESOME walkthrough. You recieve a pair of 3-D glasses at the entrance and you are in for a unique experience. The whole walk-through is painted with a special paint that makes all the 2-D surfaces literally jump out at you. Throw in a group of insane clowns, a long spinning tunnel and some nice horror effects and you have one GREAT scary attraction. Very unique.

-Next was back for another ride on Top Gun and Thunder Road (backwards) and we called it a wrap. 11:30pm

Carowinds did some great themeing throughout the park. The graveyard in front of Scooby Doo's Haunted House was really nice and was the audio-animatronic host at the main gate. They spent a lot of time and money to make this a great experience and it showed. Nice job.

PS - I paid $14.95 as a season ticket holder. Normal Admission price is $24.95.

Clicky Web Analytics