Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Gotham City Gauntlet Media day SFNE
mrceagle

4/19/2011 12:30:39 AM
I was lucky enough to be invited through ACE New England to take park in the media event for Gotham City Gauntlet: Escape from Archam Asylum. This was my 4th media day for SFNE and 5th for a Six Flags park. We arrived at start time 10 am and I noticed after parking that the parks hasn't done anything to detheme Mr six’s Splash Island While the 2 flats rides were removed from Thomas town. The track is still installed and I could even hear the fountain for the water feature operating.

We checked in and headed down to the DC area we were detoured a bit since Thunderbolt is getting retracked. This brought up by the former wiggles world area now called Kidsopolis. The rides red void of their former themeing and outside of a couple attractions getting new paint jobs it’s the same attraction with no themeing.

I made my way back to the coaster helping a few people get photos on the way. The event was reasonably well attended but lighter then previous events. Weather for it was better than any of the other media event I have attended. Like all event there was some morning ERT which was them fallowed by the speeches and the official opening.

Lunch was after the speeches but I grabbed a quick ride while there was practically no line. In fact the line for lunch was the longest of the day. IT was an impressive spread. Johnny Rockets had their hamburgers and Chicken fingers, added to that were Mac and Cheese, Baked Ziti, backed Brisket, and plenty of sides. There was also a cake, cup cakes, and candy apples for dessert. I filed up and never even made it to any dessert. I drank soda at lunch but grabbed a milk shake before they closed up shop.

The rest of the day was spent riding Gauntlet and Since my brother and sister in law brought my nieces and nephew, I watched them while they rode. In all I got 6 rides in on the new coaster. I also spend time getting photos and videos of the new ride. Catwoman's Whip was also open and I took one ride on that attraction.

Gotham City Gauntlet: Escape from Archam Asylum is a An interesting addition to the park. The intensity of the ride is similar to the mouse like Pandemonium spinning coaster they added in 05. I guess if you're not comfortable with the spinning this will be a good option. In all I was glad to get on it but I would not wait more than 30 minutes to ride it. There is some interesting themeing around the ride. I do like the mist filled tunnel and the piping leading to the top of the hill that offers another shot of mist.

In all the day was good there was only one big aggravation. The park has raised the height limit on Catwoman's Whip. The park now requires a minimum of 42 in if accompanied by an adult. This is 10 in higher then Rudy's Rapid Transit at Santa's Village which also operates a Zierer Double figure 8. This proved to be upsetting to my nieces who have ridden Rudy and didn't understand why they couldn't ride the one at SFNE.

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and done right." Walt Disney
mrceagle

4/19/2011 12:31:05 AM
More photos coming soon
mrceagle

4/27/2011 6:23:21 PM
Trip Photos

Gauntlet Entrance

The cars have custom wraps

Heroes and Villains

Kidzopolis

Detheemd/removed
Splash Island still has themeing

Thunderbolt Retracking

See these and more photo along with info on Gotham City Gauntlet: Escape From Arkham Asylum here:
http://photos.newwhalom.com/Trip%20Reports/SFNE_GCG_MD/GCG%20Media%20Day.html
Message updated 4/27/2011 7:47:36 PM by mrceagle
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics