Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Story Land PTR July 2010
mrceagle

8/7/2010 11:06:45 AM
This trip was sort of last minute coming up just a day before. But I got up and wrapped up a few things so I could enjoy the day. I went with my parents and niece. They had return passes so I only needed a ticket for myself. Though not unexpected I found us leaving late and not arriving gat the park till 1:15 that day. I got a ticket at a discount $23.99, a $2 dollar increase form last year. While not terribly expensive compared to some parks it was given the 4 hours and 45 minutes left to the operating day.

We made out way in and while my parents brought my niece to the restroom I walked over to the Yum Yum Junction. The building is no longer a gift shop, Instead it has been converted to a candy, Ice cream and fudge shop. It was a nice change. The majority of souvenirs it offered can be found in other locations so it wasn’t a loss. The new food options were welcomed, but I was surprised that they not use the candy shop as a primary exit. They even promote it on the sign.

After meeting up with my group I talked briefly with the park’s New GM it was nice to hear that he is settle in comfortably. He strongly recommended the shows. With that we went on with our day. We mad our way over the hill to the Polar coaster. The ride was a blast as usual and it’s always a joy to ride a coaster that can’t be found anywhere else in the world.

We road the Bamboo chute, the parks flume ride, another custom design Hopkins ride. We checked out the online photo from the ride but didn’t buy after seeing the $12 dollar price. When the price was 8 we would buy on every year on multiple rides sometime more then once a year. No we just move on without buying anything. I snapped a shot of the screen none the less.

As we made out way to the front we came up to the Professor Bigglesteps lab. The park removed the large cannon on the off season and in its place is a building with 2 midway style games and a small gift shop. I wish they could have kept it. I have always seen the Cannon as an iconic aspect of the park so I found it strange to see it gone. Wish they could have kept it. The cannon was a set piece for the Journey to the Moon dark ride that operated in the dome.

The games are a Ring toss with coke bottles offering a $1 dollar 5 ring and $5 dollar bucket options. The second game is a duck race winner ever time attraction for $2 dollars. The Crab crawl water race game is now $2 dollars and I suspect but wasn’t able to confirm the roller ball race game in Mexico also gone up.

My niece for the first time wanted to use the Ball play/foam factory area. This attraction along with a show theater replaced the dark ride when it was removed. My niece had fun and some adults seemed to get into it but like most of the playgrounds the adults just watched.

After leaving we made our way to the Ocean of Fun area and road the turtle twirl then made or way further in to the Farm area to get a ride on the tractor ride. For some reason my nice didn’t want to ride the Crazy barn, which was a surprise, she did want to watch the farm fillies show but we kept missing the shows times. We did however see the circus show. The Show is produced by the Royal Hannaford circus. The acts are all new except for one, the quick change act. The new acts consisted of a dog trick act which my presents believe they saw on Americas Got talent a couple season ago, a girl performing with hula hoops, and a family of acrobats using a teeter totter to do stunts.

My niece was saying she was hungry to it was time to grab lunch/snack. Thing was the lighthouse snacks is no longer a snack shop. It’s not Lighthouse Pizza. The prices were a bit high ($3 slices, $6.99 2 slices and drink combo) and my niece was asking for her tradition al hot dog so we went else ware

We headed down to the food fair to get a quick bit. All the food stands got new signs. The park switched this year from Pepsi to coke. And prices are up from a couple years ago. We bought 2 hot dog combos (dog and small fries) 4.99 each, a single hot dog 2.99, a large drink 2.99, and I got a refill on my souvenir cup .99 cents. Total 16.95 + 9% meal tax.

After out meal we Hit the Circus show I talked about earlier. The day was for my nice. So we hit rides she asked to ride. He hit the Balloon Ferris wheel before making our way to the Carousel.

My niece used the Pirate playground before walking up the Cinderella’s Castle. From there we made out way through the story book Animal area on our way to the Bah-Bah Black ship school house and finally to the Ball plat at the Little Dreamers play area. The operating day was coming to an end and we made our way around to the Cuckooclockinspiel Tea cup ride and wrapped up the day with 3 rides on the Polar coaster.

With the park closed my parents took my niece to the Tree house playground in the front of the park. I stayed behind to get a few final photo around the park and to take the last Train run around the park.

In all it was a wonderful day. I think some of the new pricing might be a bit high, at least for my taste. I would have liked to get then earlier then we did and would like to see the park consider opening till 6:30 or 7 at night. Some of the changes I found annoying but in all do they really matter. At a family park the one this that is truly important is the child you are accompanying, and she had a blast.

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and done right." Walt Disney
mrceagle

8/7/2010 11:19:29 AM
Here is the Photo Gallery for the Trip. Enlarge the images to get more info and a better look.

Story Land July 2010 Photo Gallery
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics