Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Busch Gardens Williamsburg VA
boozoodoo

6/16/2009 4:09:19 PM
I visited Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) in Williamsburg, VA in 2009 and wanted to share some experiences that I learned about some of the coasters there when it comes to seating a relatively large guy like myself. I am 6 ft tall and weigh about 225 lbs, and I was able to ride all of the coasters with no problems fitting into the seats, but the Griffon and Alpengeist were a little bit snug because I have broad shoulders, but I learned that there are several specially designed seats capable of accommodating larger riders. At first glance these special seats appear to be no different than the others, but instead of having a single seat belt between the seat and overhead harness, they have two belts, and the belts are just a few inches longer as well to allow for more room to breathe, but the rest of the seat is essentially the same.
Message updated 9/13/2019 10:18:42 AM by boozoodoo
ABR

7/13/2009 11:53:39 PM
Here's a tip about Apollo's Chariot from a fellow big guy. There is a red line at the bottom of the pole that holds the restraint (it's much easier to explain if you are there), that red line must be visible in order for you to ride, if you can see even a portion of the red line you are fine, so don't suck in your belly and make the ride uncomfortable.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics