Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Bizzaro Media day
mrceagle

5/24/2009 4:01:22 PM

It was a long day for me. I got up at 5:30 so I could get ready and drive to the park for the 9:00am start time. We stayed till 4: 30 or so. We were gests of ACE, myself, brother, sister in law, and my 2 twin nieces. My sister in law and Nieces didn’t ride anything. She’s Pregnant and the twins are not tall enough to anything in the DC area. It worked out well because they were able to hand out in the Air Conditioned Johnny Rockets building.

In all I had a solid ride count
Bizzaro – 25
Joker’s Wild card – 1
Catwoman’s whip – 3
blitz – 1 ($6 charge)

I never waited for the front seat. Got a few rides in the very back. The middle is a lot of fun the back seats in the front half of the train were removed for the sound system so the next seat, front seat back half is a great seat to ride in.

Joker’s Wild Card is one of the worst Wipeout/tribant rides I have ever been on. After riding one I was done. Doubt I will bother with it any time soon.

Catwomans whip seems to have had a couple more trees planted since my last ride. It’s always a nice family coaster. I noticed they took the trip out of the middle of the ride so it travels the back half a little quicker. I would have rode it another time of so but it was shut down do to maintenance problems.

Blits was fun. It’s nothing like a launch tower. I would definitely not pay $25 dollars to ride it. I wish it had the video I would have liked to see the panic on my brother’s face.

The transformation:
I was surprised by the amount of work done to this attraction to convert it to Bizaro. While many things were announced or leaked over time there were a few surprises. The Queue has SFTV as well as a Video screen in the back part of the queue with a negative image effect. The audio is not a musical sound track like that found in most coasters now a day. The audio is actually more of an audio effects story that guides you through the coaster. Some of the displays are a little cheap looking but they go with the story well.

So big cons. The lift is a little slower but that should change as they work on the brakes. The new trains are heavier so they need to keep the speed even. The new seats are in no way accommodating. They lock at a lower level then the old ones. The attendances seem to be instructed to staple you in. My legs were hurting by the end of the day. I actually started holding myself down so the restraints wouldn’t dig into my thighs. The head rests are separate pieces not built into the seat. They stick forward on the sides a bit. I found my shoulders hitting them during the air time portions of the ride. This was most prevalent in the back seats of the cars were they are higher. Also to sit comfortably with your feat flat you need to slide then under the bars for the restraints.

In all I enjoyed the coaster but didn’t find it any better or worse then the original Superman.

Johnny Rockets was open for the visitors to get food and drinks. In one meal we ordered a single burger plate, chicken finger plat, 2 shakes, and a medium drink. If we had to pay for it, it would have been $38 dollars and some change. In all between another chicken finger plat and drinks we would have spent around $80-90 dollars on food. The food was good though. I didn’t like the milk shack. I had a real JR Milk shake at the One in Burlington mass 2 weeks ago and this was not a real milk shake. I also found it overly sugary. I didn’t even finish it I found it too sweet. On a side not I practically live off mountain dew. The shakes seem like they are intended to be mixed with milk like they do with Dunkin Donuts Coolatas.

A few other things

When we pulled in I noticed this new Water park slide. A nice looking Sub. think this is were Ollie the octopus used to be.

I was happy to see a couple maintenance workers working on A section of Thunderbolts track.

The park has walk around performers

The queue line has a few displays telling the story of how Superman Became Bizaro

A great looking bizzaro shield is on the wall of the station.

The speakers on the new trains.

The star attraction of the event. Bizzaro!

A couple shots form around the park.

See more photos here!

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Message updated 5/24/2009 4:07:22 PM by mrceagle
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics