Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Santa’s Village Photo TR
mrceagle

9/22/2007 11:10:15 PM
After a few delays on our way up and meeting up with Family at a local camp ground we arrived at Santa’s village. It was around 10:45 and the main lot was full. We parked across the street and even then we ended up parking towards the back of the lot.

My Family bought tickets while I went in. I had an after hours ticket to use up. The first thing I noticed was the park got a new Rudolf animatronic. It was only saying hello but it was actually talking to people later in the day. The new animatronic has a plinking nose and eyes, its head moves, mouth while talking, and ears twitch. The animatronic Looks great and a nice upgrade to the old one.

After my Family got in we made our way to the Yule Log Flume. This is one of the best Flumes anywhere. There are 2 mid course mini chutes and one large drop. But it’s the setting that really makes it stand out. In a vast forested area with allot of trees. There is even forest moss growing on the rides concrete. The water is also a green Christmassy color.

We got in line for the Holy humbug adventure. Despite the normally full to mostly full queue, the lines always moves fast and we were on within 15-20 minutes. This is an enjoyable interactive Dark ride. There are plenty of targets so it’s easy for any age. And the scenes are enjoyable. All the gags were working including the bicycle rider on the incline hill which was down on my trips last year.

From there we walk around to the Sky way. On out way we stopped and rode the Little Drummer Boy. It’s a Fun tea cup ride. Small foot print but its drum cups are very easy to spin.

We got in line for the Skyway sleight. It was our longest wait of the day, around 35 minutes. The ride is a great way to see the park and relax. The wait is normally on the longer side at the park but it’s also one of the longest rides.

I bravely volunteered to bring my nice on the Himalaya. My niece simple refers to it as Fast. It’s a Venture mini version just large enough for an adult but not comfortably and hard to get out of do to its solid handle bar. But a fun ride for the kids and a good length cycle.

From there I went of on my own because I was the only one willing to ride the parks Ferris wheel. They rehabbed it for this year and it looks fantastic with its new paintjob. It was also moved to a new location up the hill from the reindeer barn and the Flying School ride. The view from this new location is breathtaking. A wonderful change, great idea on there part, it’s like a whole new ride. The operator running this was also on her game loading and unloading with a proficiency I have never seen on such a ride.

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney

---------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it until it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
Message updated 5/6/2009 7:58:09 PM by mrceagle
Canobie Coaster

9/23/2007 8:26:04 AM
Glad you had a great day. The Merry Christmas Ferris Wheel looks great with its new paint job and the views still are appear amazing from your photos. Also, I'm glad they added a new reindeer animatronic. It looks really good.
mrceagle

9/23/2007 10:21:33 PM
Ya the new Animatronic was a big surprise. The park was looking really good and the changes were good to see.
mrceagle

12/18/2008 5:26:37 PM
Quote:
mrceagle said:
After a few delays on our way up and meeting up with Family at a local camp ground we arrived at Santa’s village. It was around 10:45 and the main lot was full. We parked across the street and even then we ended up parking towards the back of the lot.

My Family bought tickets while I went in. I had an after hours ticket to use up. The first thing I noticed was the park got a new Rudolf animatronic. It was only saying hello but it was actually talking to people later in the day. The new animatronic has a plinking nose and eyes, its head moves, mouth while talking, and ears twitch. The animatronic Looks great and a nice upgrade to the old one.

After my Family got in we made our way to the Yule Log Flume. This is one of the best Flumes anywhere. There are 2 mid course mini chutes and one large drop. But it’s the setting that really makes it stand out. In a vast forested area with allot of trees. There is even forest moss growing on the rides concrete. The water is also a green Christmassy color.

We got in line for the Holy humbug adventure. Despite the normally full to mostly full queue, the lines always moves fast and we were on within 15-20 minutes. This is an enjoyable interactive Dark ride. There are plenty of targets so it’s easy for any age. And the scenes are enjoyable. All the gags were working including the bicycle rider on the incline hill which was down on my trips last year.

From there we walk around to the Sky way. On out way we stopped and rode the Little Drummer Boy. It’s a Fun tea cup ride. Small foot print but its drum cups are very easy to spin.

We got in line for the Skyway sleight. It was our longest wait of the day, around 35 minutes. The ride is a great way to see the park and relax. The wait is normally on the longer side at the park but it’s also one of the longest rides.

I bravely volunteered to bring my nice on the Himalaya. My niece simple refers to it as Fast. It’s a Venture mini version just large enough for an adult but not comfortably and hard to get out of do to its solid handle bar. But a fun ride for the kids and a good length cycle.

From there I went of on my own because I was the only one willing to ride the parks Ferris wheel. They rehabbed it for this year and it looks fantastic with its new paintjob. It was also moved to a new location up the hill from the reindeer barn and the Flying School ride. The view from this new location is breathtaking. A wonderful change, great idea on there part, it’s like a whole new ride. The operator running this was also on her game loading and unloading with a proficiency I have never seen on such a ride.
[img]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241[img]

-
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics