Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Six Flags New England TR Saturday 9/1/07
Canobie Coaster

9/5/2007 9:00:44 AM
I originally thought that my Maine trip last week would be the last amusement parks I would visit this year, but I was wrong as a friend of mine invited me to go to Six Flags New England with him on Saturday (Labor Day weekend). We went with his parents and sister. After a 2 hour drive, we arrived at Six Flags New England. Once we parked we took the tram to the entrance. While going over the staircase we saw Scream was only running space shot mode (I was hoping for combo mode, but my friend didn¡¦t want to be held at the top so the space shot mode gave him confidence to try Scream because it appeared to go up and down slowly). We each ended up paying about $25 to get in by using discount tickets from AAA.

First we went on Tomahawk. I had missed Tomahawk earlier this year when I went to Six Flags. It was a walk-on and it would be my second Huss Frisbee (Canobie¡¦s Xtreme Frisbee being my first). The seats and restraints were comfortable and the ride took fairly long to load as the employees were just sitting around for a bit. Well, Tomahawk itself was very good. The ride was better and more intense than Canobie¡¦s, though it had a shorter cycle. Tomahawk¡¦s spinning, especially during the second half, was considerably faster than the Xtreme Frisbee and there were a few brief moments of floater air at the top of the swings. Tomahawk was very fun and after our first ride we went on again, this time with a 5 minute wait. The ride attendants loaded Tomahawk much faster this time and we got the same fun ride as before again. I like Tomahawk better than the Xtreme Frisbee though it wasn¡¦t as good as the much more intense Adrenalin at Palace Playland. Still it¡¦s one of the many great flats at Six Flags New England. 9 out of 10

Then we decided to go on Scream. Two of the three towers were running and both towers were doing Space Shot mode as they were earlier. Our wait was a little longer than an hour and during our wait we saw various interesting facts about Scream. Also, I noticed there was a single rider line, but we all wanted to ride together, which was why we waited. This was my first multi-tower complex. The restraints seemed a bit looser than the ones on the other S&S towers I have been on. Well, the ride¡¦s launch was very sudden. I didn¡¦t even think that the ride had started pressurizing the air tanks and then the surprise launch occurred. Instead of standing still while the tanks were pressurizing, the vehicle slowly moved downwards and then launched. The rest of the launch didn¡¦t seem nearly as forceful as Canobie¡¦s Star Blaster. Also, at the top of the tower there wasn¡¦t the huge burst of air that I have experienced on other S&S towers. Scream just had a brief moment of floater air. The views at the top were amazing though as we were on the side facing Superman and we got great views of the Connecticut River and of the park. Also, the drop was fairly slow and provided almost no sensations at all. Scream was very short and despite this it was fun. Though I didn¡¦t like space shot mode as much as I have liked other S&S towers I still had a great time. 8 out of 10

Next we decided to go on Nightwing. While on our way down to the DC section we saw the unfortunate sign that Superman was closed. Nightwing had a 5 minute wait and like last time I went on Nightwing, it took a long time to load. At least it was quicker this time, but still Six Flags needs to be quicker about that. I rode on the outside next to my friend. Like last time I rode Nightwing, it was fun and thrilling with some very good speed. My only complaint is the loading. 9 out of 10

After passing through Wiggles World we decided to go on Buzzsaw. I had heard that Buzzsaw was really good and intense, but my friend said the ride was really time. Well, after a 5 minute wait I found that it was intense. We rode on an end and were restrained by just a lap bar. Unfortunately there was no air
Message updated 9/5/2007 9:01:48 AM by Canobie Coaster
mrceagle

9/5/2007 11:36:10 AM
I'm amazed the Park was so slow. I had some Family that went the equivalent day a few years ago and the park was packed. Twister had a 1 hour line the crowds were so bad.
Canobie Coaster

9/5/2007 3:06:59 PM
Wow! I have never even seen Twister when it's not a walk-on. I can't imagine what other lines must have been like.

I wonder if a lot of people didn't go because of Superman being closed. Also, a lot of people don't want to pay that much any more to go to Six Flags. It was cheaper a few years ago.
Message updated 9/5/2007 3:07:31 PM by Canobie Coaster
mrceagle

9/5/2007 10:06:43 PM
I'm sure Superman is part of the reason attendance is down

But the Charge for people to get in is what has helped LC and Canobie so much
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics