Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author SFGAdv, notes from opening day
Cyclonic

4/7/2007 4:22:27 AM
Rather then bore folks with the ins and outs of my quick trip to the park on opening day, here are just some notes. The photos could have been better, I totally screwed up the settings on the camera, so they are a bit dark, oh well.

Getting into the park they had just three manned booths open and three automated booths. Nobody was using the automated booths. I pulled up to one, and they DO NOT accept season passes, season pass holders MUST use manned booths for now. They said a system needed to be added for season passes, but then just let me through.

Entry into the park was quick and easy. The gates were busy but they were doing a good job getting folks through.

KK opened with all trains, but due to some problem it dropped down to two trains. I don't know why.

Toro opened just after noon with one train.

Everything else was running at or close to full capacity and pretty much a walk-on. The park was not busy at all.

I spoke to Mark Kane for a few moments, he looked busy but was approachable, a very good thing. Complained about the toll booths, but did not get the chance to complement him on the great just the employees were doing, they were all very good. Thanks.

Wiggle World was open and very bright looking. It was a real shock to the system after exiting Skull Mountain.

OK, now for some photos:

Waiting for the ropes to drop. They have moved the ropes off to the side and there is no longer an opening performance.

The running of the bulls.

A fog shrouded Kingda Ka

The Tee Pee is now closed and empty.

New Flash Pass Building.

Wiggles World

B&R is still not up, just the Robin side is complete.

Loved the living statue.

Glad I already had my season pass.

That is about it. Not a bad opening day, with most everything up and running. Hopefully this is a good sign of things to come.

For more photos, check out the gallery:
http://cyclonic.smugmug.com/gallery/2657484#140573963

--------------------
My Track Record

Penncoasters.com

The insensitivity rolls on...

"Why is our oil under their sand?"

coasterf42

4/7/2007 9:55:02 AM
I like your picture of KK in the fog.

What used to be in that teepee?
Horizons12

4/7/2007 1:41:45 PM
It used to be a shop where you could buy Six Flags clothes and accessories.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics