Home > Forums > Site Help > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Review Posting Problem
PhantomNik

10/2/2006 3:35:36 PM
I had typed up my review for Kingda Ka in Word (as I usually do), and went to paste it here to post it. It came up as some error page when I hit Submit. So, I then decided to try adding the review one paragraph at a time. That seemed to be working, but after my latest addition, now I cannot see my review (or any others) when I click on the Kingda Ka page!

When I scroll down, I see this message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot sort a row of size 8107, which is greater than the allowable maximum of 8094.

/scripts/ViewRide.asp, line 558

What does this mean?? Right now, there is basically an incomplete review posted under Kingda Ka, and I cannot access it to edit it. Is it too long? If so, how can I fix it if I can't edit it? Color me confused!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--------------------
I'd rather be coaster riding!
BobFunland

10/2/2006 5:25:08 PM
I believe it is too long. Congrats, you have killed Kingda Ka

edit: I managed to delete it with some query string skills

--------------------
Google Search TPC BEFORE you create that new thread
Message updated 10/2/2006 10:41:55 PM by BobFunland
PhantomNik

10/3/2006 2:51:47 PM
Well, I must admit that was my evil plan all along - to kill Kingda Ka! Bwa-ha-ha!!

You da man, BobFun, and I posted a trimmed down review now and it worked great. Gotta learn not to ramble on in my reviews! Once I eliminated my big rant about those dang Q-Bots, it cut the size down a good bit!

Anyway, thanks for deleting the old one so I could repost my review. Your prompt response was awesome and very appreciated!

While we're at it, let me ask you one other thing - do you see an avatar for me, or does it show up as a red "x"? I just see the "x", and I'm not sure what happened. I can see like everyone else's avatars, but not mine. I even tried sending a new one to Mark, but I'm not even sure if he changed it and it's still messed up on my PC, or if it's still the old one that I can't see. Thanks!
Message updated 10/3/2006 2:57:06 PM by PhantomNik
BobFunland

10/4/2006 11:35:42 AM
I can't see it - looks like the avatar isn't on the server anymore. I suppose you should give Mark an email with a new avatar, I have nothing to do with that.
Message updated 10/4/2006 11:35:55 AM by BobFunland
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics