Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author Best Drop And Worst
coaster05

9/19/2006 10:52:18 AM
Hrry I am curious what is your best and worst drops since we are being non conversational.\

Taylor said he didn't find it memorable and like he said he was not impressed with it right when he got off. Look at Taylor's tracker I would agree that out of the wood coasters he has rode TB has the second worst drop of all the full size wood coasters he has been on.

--------------------
Aug 24 2006 A new level of fanboydom by MRC.

"True but my niece isn't going to get any more out of Disney they she dose out of Story land. Not to mention Story land has more rides and is on the same lever customer service wise."

Notre Dame-14 Georgia Tech-10 I guess they found some defense.

Coaster Count-260 something
Message updated 9/19/2006 10:54:09 AM by coaster05
hrrytraver

9/19/2006 2:35:01 PM
Quote:
coaster05 said:
Hrry I am curious what is your best and worst drops since we are being non conversational.\

05, it's cool. honestly i didn't post in this thread until the TB came up, just because i felt like this sort of thing had come up before. but it is fun to talk about so here i'll go-

best first drops
1-cyclone (coney)
2-el toro
3-MF

best mid course drops
1-double down of jack rabbit
2-drop into s-turns on el toro
3-drop from third turnaround on cyclone (nasty combo lats+ air)

hmm worst drops are a lot harder for me too specify (i just don't usually think about "worst" too much-
worst first drops-
1-mean streak (breaks)
2-rolling thunder (shallow angle, slow)
3-sooperdooperlooper (shallow angle, no intensity)

i can't really name worst mid-course hills, i guess 'cause they are forgettable. probably mean streak's hills, because they are slow and forceless. the final hills of the hershey comet always struck me as dull, but overall i like that coaster.

this is very nit-picky i admit, but i was just remembering some details from my infamous raptor review, which was very unpopular, and perhaps justifiably so. but to refresh yours and taylor's memories i dug it up-

Quote:
coaster-5 "Raptor has fallen off a little but no way is it a five especially for your reasons."

Quote:
taylor "What I don't understand is that you reviewed this ride and not the millenium force. I just don't see the raptor as a 5, but hey its your opinion."

i only pull these up just to show that you guys DO call people out when they hold a view that you can't relate to. coaster, you DID qualify what you said by saying "for your reasons", and taylor DID say that he simply didn't "see raptor as a 5" but my point is that you both felt the need to speak up because you didn't agree with my subjective opinion.

that's totally ok with me. i was happy to respond to both of you guys when you posted on my review. but don't get irritable if site members speak up when they disagree with your opinion. you guys both do the same thing in the opposite situation.

i speak only for myself when i say that i never try to change anyone's opinion, but i do like to "explore" someone's opinion, especially if i don't agree with it.
Message updated 9/19/2006 2:51:01 PM by hrrytraver
BobFunland

9/19/2006 2:56:16 PM
Best First Drop: Cornball Express // Tsunami // El Toro

Best Middle Drop: Cornball Express between flyers and Tigrr // El Toro's *THE* hill // GA Cyclone 5th hill (and its equivilent on Viper) // Raven's killer // SFDL's ROS third hill // SFNE's ROS third hill

Best Brake Run Drop: Apollo's Chariot midcourse // Rampage's final block

Worst First Drop: Mean Streak // Predator

Worst Middle Drop: that one on Rampage that is dead

Worst Brake Run Drop: eh, none
coaster05

9/19/2006 3:05:34 PM
Great memory I am curious did we continue it after one post. I disagree with people a lot, but I don't believe I usually ask for my proof to prove my opinion, hence its an opinion.

It looks as if we let it go. Especially Taylor my comment was a little more harsh he pretty much said he disagreed and left it there.
coaster05

9/19/2006 3:08:38 PM
hrry the reason I cam e to Taylor's defense is when I said so someones opinion is wrong then Danny said yes and Timberman said I am with Danny. I disagreed with your reasons I never flat out said your opinion was wrong. to me that is a huge difference.

Either way this has gotten old.
taylorb251

9/19/2006 3:14:41 PM
Like I said on your review it was your opinion that raptor is a 5. I do disagree with it. But I didn't go on and on about it like you are. About half the people who have posted on this thread, haven't said what drop they don't like. But if you want to know it was the last drop.
hrrytraver

9/19/2006 3:39:49 PM
i think danny was just being goofy.

Quote:
coaster05 said:
Either way this has gotten old.

Quote:
taylorb251 said:
But I didn't go on and on about it like you are.

ouch, two final jabs at hrry.
Message updated 9/19/2006 3:40:36 PM by hrrytraver
coasterf42

9/23/2006 12:51:07 PM
Responding to the original topic, I have to think that Anaconda's 144 foot drop has got to be one of the worst drops for it's size in the world. It's alright if your in the back seat and get "whipped" over it, but other than that, it sucks big time. Mean Streak's is probably worse though as far as "big drops."

Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics