Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Better Opening Year for Six Flags Great Adventure
RCGenius

6/14/2006 6:12:34 AM
Between Kingda Ka's opening year plus the new Golden Kingdom area in 2005 & El Toro's opening year plus the new Plazo del Carnival area in 2006, which coaster plus new themed area had a better opening year? To me, I really think that the El Toro choice had a better opening year. I know that it has only been open for a few days, but look at the huge impact it has so far. Many people are referring El Toro as the best airtime driven coaster around, even better than rivals like Superman: Ride of Steel at SFNE & Pheonix at Knoebels. Also, Kingda Ka has been pretty unreliable so far since last year & El Toro looks like it'll have a better future in terms of reliability & re-rideability. Finally, SFGAD really needed a new wooden coaster since Rolling Thunder has been their only woody since 1979 & that ride looks like it's falling apart. The Golden Kingdom area looks really nice though, but I guess that I've got to go to SFGAD sometime this summer to find out.
Message updated 6/14/2006 6:14:06 AM by RCGenius
Hercules

6/14/2006 12:30:14 PM
Considering Kingda Ka was down for a while during it's opening, I would have to say that El Toro is the winner here thus far, eventhough it opened up so late into the season and has only been open for a couple of days.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics