Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Recent Surgery Warnings at theme parks.
sowinski

5/28/2006 4:04:34 PM
Anyone who has been to a theme park has seen the warnings on rides advising people who have had recent surgery to avoid riding certain rides. I always thought that these warnings were rather unnecessary, but now I find myself in that situation. I am wondering what parks consider to be recent surgery? I had surgery for a hernia about a week ago and I was hoping to plan a 2 week theme park road trip for late July or early August. I have a follow up appointment with my surgeon in a couple of weeks, so I'll ask him about it then. However, in the meantime, I figure I would check if anyone here had been down this road before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
5/28/2006 6:36:28 PM
No experience here, but it couldn't hurt to call up the park's offices, just in case. There might actually be an established time that was taken into account when the signs were done. Good luck!
CCTrack

5/29/2006 9:00:23 AM
I think recent means a couple of weeks maybe a month, lloks like you'll probably be fine as long as it dosnt hurt, hey but what they heck do i know I'm just some kid in high school, I'm no doctor, yet.
sowinski

5/29/2006 6:31:10 PM
I agree with you CCTrack. I don't see any reason why a couple of months healing time shouldn't be enough for the type of surgery that I have had. However, I figured that I would check to see if anyone else had done any research to make my life easier. The warnings that I have seen at parks normally use "recent surgery" as the phrasing. It sounds like for you and I recent means just a few days or a couple of weeks after, but who knows what Busch's, Cedar Fair's, Six Flags', etc. definition of recent is. Certainly, not I.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics