Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Knoebels Country Bear Jamboree
primogen18

3/9/2006 10:02:59 PM
I could have sworn I heard about Knoebels having a Country Bear Jamboree at one time, and that it was in the building that now houses the Laser Runner. Im just wondering how they had something that I thought belonged to Disney. I wish it was still there now since I thought the disney ones looked pretty cool. Anyone know of any links I could get info or even a mention of it on? I know I saw it somewhere but have since searched and cannot find anywhere that mentions Knoebels having a Country Bear Jamboree.

--------------------
ThrodL
ThrodL on Myspace

The Lado

3/10/2006 12:20:08 AM

Message updated 3/10/2006 1:53:04 AM by The Lado
The Lado

3/10/2006 12:28:46 AM
The Country Bear Show Jubilee opened on May 24th-25h, 1980. The name was changed to the Country Bear Show because Dinsey said it was title infringement. The show seated 220 people and performed to audiences for about 15 minutes. In 1995 it was replaced with the Lazer Runner.

Actually, when they changed it to the Lazer Runner all Knoebels did was built a wall in front of the stage for the Bear Show. Every now and then I go back there, by taking a side hall, and check it out. Almost everything is back there and is rotting away. Its kinda sad. Its one of the few problems I have with the park.

I think that will help you out. :-)

Dalado.
primogen18

3/10/2006 9:08:31 AM
Thanks alot (I sorta thought youd be the one to help me out with this) I knew they had one before. What I did NOT know was that it is still back there, thats a terrible shame. Knoebels does such a great job with preservation, and to hear that is somewhat of a dissapointment. Im really hoping perhaps someday they will open that again in a new building instead of letting it rot as it is. I think it would still be a great addition to the park. They could change the name to "Kozomos Kountry Jubilee" or something.
Message updated 3/10/2006 9:09:46 AM by primogen18
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
3/10/2006 10:29:35 AM
Primogen, you need to pick up a copy of the Knoebels history book! Neat read.

Lado, that's a shame, to say the least... although I recall, back in the early 80's, there was a similar animatronic bear installation - same manufacturer - at "Showbiz Pizza", which was Chuck E. Cheese's competitor back when. They'd have the bear show running in front of the dining area - basically on a continuous loop. All's I can say is that those bears FREAKED ME OUT as a kid...

Wow... you just know that there's someone out there who'd love to get their hands on the Knoebels installation - though I definitely wouldn't be that person...
no cars go

4/8/2006 12:28:21 PM
Quote:
Actually, when they changed it to the Lazer Runner all Knoebels did was built a wall in front of the stage for the Bear Show. Every now and then I go back there, by taking a side hall, and check it out. Almost everything is back there and is rotting away. Its kinda sad. Its one of the few problems I have with the park.

They let you do that? I go to Knoebels all the time but I've never actually done the Lazer Runner (I prefer rides over things like that), are there any operators inside the Lazer Runner or anything that could notice you dissapearing into a hall? That is so cool how you can still do that. Is there anything on the stage, like animatronic bears (if they were animatronic)? When I go to Knoebels on the 30th I'll have to check that out.

--------------------
If I could open my arms and span the length of the isle of Manhattan
I'd bring it to where you are making a lake of the East River and Hudson
If I could open my arms wide enough for a marching band to march out
They would make your name sing and bend through alleys and bounce off all the buildings

www.freewebs.com/kennywoodpark
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
4/8/2006 8:24:32 PM
D3ath, Lado is an employee at Knoebels - he's got more pull than us civilians.

By the way, welcome to the site!
The Lado

4/16/2006 10:28:49 AM
Quote:
D3ath Cab said:
They let you do that? I go to Knoebels all the time but I've never actually done the Lazer Runner (I prefer rides over things like that), are there any operators inside the Lazer Runner or anything that could notice you dissapearing into a hall? That is so cool how you can still do that. Is there anything on the stage, like animatronic bears (if they were animatronic)? When I go to Knoebels on the 30th I'll have to check that out.

Yes, there are a few, I guess you would have called them bears, back there. And I suggest you do not try to go back there or I will come down and lock you back there with them to rot for a million years. :-)

Dalado.
primogen18

4/16/2006 3:15:56 PM
Thats such a shame, I think theres alot of potential in that kind of stuff. Tho i hve never seen it for myself, I would love them to get it back up again.
no cars go

4/17/2006 10:25:19 AM
Yeah it's just when I first read that I didn't know you were an employee, Lado. But now that adriahna told me...

Anyway, it is sad that they just put a wall over it. That doesn't sound like something Knoebels would do... But I guess maybe to "preserve" the past in a weird way.
primogen18

4/17/2006 10:33:34 AM
yeah thats what i was thinking, doesnt sound like them at all to just do that.
coasterwom

4/20/2006 3:46:22 AM
I have seen Country Bear Jamboree at WDW in Florida and it's a great show. Was the show at Knoebels anything like disney's? Maybe they could change it a little bit and restart the show. That would be a great addition IMO.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics