Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 2 ] [ 1 ] 2 
Author Six Flags Inc Should!!!!!
mrceagle

1/8/2006 12:52:51 AM
Though this isn't relating to major idea this is what I think SFI should do with there parks.

SFMM, SFGAdv, AFGAm, and SFNE They need to leave alone for a couple of years.

SFOG, SFMW, LR, and SFEG Need smaller additions such as flats

SFSL, SFOT, SFMx, SFAm, and SFKK needs medium additions Thrill rides, Family coaster, Dark Ride, etc.

The rest of the chain Especially TGE, Frontier City, SFDL, and SFFT need major additions such as major Coasters, New themed areas with rides, etc.

Feel free to express what you think. what rides woudl you like to see?

--------------------
Miracles can be made with a rock!

"Get a good idea and stay with it. dog it and work at it untile it's done, and don right." Walt Disney
RCGenius

1/8/2006 6:20:30 AM
SFA - Replace Mind Eraser w/B&M invert

SFDL - B&M stand-up (Batman: the Escape)

SFEG - Large steel coaster to compliment Twister II

SFFT - Wild Mouse & Hyper coaster

SFGAD - more flats

SFGAM - B&M floorless to complete B&M collection

SFKK - B&M invert, Wild Mouse

SFMM - in desperate need of more flats (NO MORE COASTERS)

SFMW - Wild Mouse, replace Kong w/B&M invert

SFM - B&M coaster (floorless, flying, or invert), out-and-back woody, Wild Mouse

SFNE - B&M stand-up

SFNO - GCI wooden twister, B&M floorless, Wild Mouse

SFOG - Pretty much complete

SFOT - B&M floorless, Wild Mouse

SFSTL - Spinning Wild Mouse, B&M floorless, Hyper (B&M or Intamin)

TGE - more flats, B&M floorless, Spinning Wild Mouse
Message updated 1/8/2006 6:22:10 AM by RCGenius
Canobie Coaster

1/8/2006 7:26:03 AM
Six Flags America- Add a standard looping coaster (maybe Viper from Astroworld) and a family coaster (like a Vekoma roller skater, a Zierer coaster, or a wild mouse (spinning or non-spinning).

Six Flags Darien Lake- Take better care of their flats, add a variety of new flat rides (Zamperla Rocking Tug, Power Surge, Samba Tower, and a few more), 2 big steel coasters (like Batman the Escape from Astroworld and maybe relocate Greezed Lightnin' from Astroworld), a fantastic wooden coaster (remove Predator if they have to, in order to build a massive, air-time filled GCI or Gravity Group wooden coaster), and 2 family coasters (maybe a Vekoma roller skater or a steel wild mouse coaster).

Six Flags Elitch Gardens- Build one or two custom, steel coasters to compliment their star attraction, Twister II. Add many more unique and basic flat rides.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas- Add a few more flat rides, two major steel coasters (B&M Inverted Coaster and a B&M, Intamin, or Morgan hyper coaster using the quarry to its advantage), and maybe a family wild mouse.

Six Flags Great Adventure- They need to add a few more modern flats, but don't need any more coasters for a while. Also, they need to take better care of their flat rides.

Six Flags Great America- Add a few flat rides spread out throughout the park. They are fine with coasters for now, but could use a giant one within the next 5 years. Also, they need to improve their coasters' capacities.

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom- A few more flat rides (variety), a kiddie coaster (Miler or Zamperla), and a B&M mega coaster.

Six Flags Magic Mountain- They're fine with coasters for a while, but they need to add many flat rides that are modern, especially a better drop tower (S&S or Intamin gyro-drop).

Six Flags Marine World- An out and back, air-time filled wooden coaster, a looping coaster, and some more flat rides.

Six Flags New England- A new, awesome wooden coaster (Intamin, Gravity Group, or GCI), a new log flume, and a few more flats in certain areas.

Six Flags New Orleans- Recover from hurricane still, replacing damaged or worn out rides. Add a major roller coaster or two (like a B&M floorless, and a new wooden coaster {if Mega Zeph is too damaged}). Also, they need many more flats.

Six Flags Over Georgia- Basically complete, but a few more flats here and there couldn't hurt.

Six Flags St. Louis- Add a family coaster (spinning wild mouse or a regular wild mouse), 2 major coasters (a B&M floorless and a standard looping coaster), and a few more flat rides.

Six Flags Over Texas- Add a wild mouse coaster and a B&M floorless. They are fine with flat rides.

The Great Escape- Add a new wooden coaster to compliment the Comet. Replace Nightmare with a new coaster. Add many more flat rides spread out throughout the park. Also, build the two rides from Astroworld they got as soon as possible.

Frontier City- Add a family coaster (Zierer Tivoli or wild mouse coaster), a new wooden coaster (GCI twister), many more flat rides, and a few major coasters (B&M Inverted, and more).
BobFunland

1/8/2006 11:58:47 AM
SFOG has hardly anything in the flat rides dept. By most counts they only have 5 flats... so I don't think they are complete

Replacing an SLC with a B&M sounds great on paper but would be pretty dumb overall...

RCG and Yoshi - no offense but gameplans like those are what caused SFI to be $2+ bil in the hole.

Mark Shapiro recently said that for $20 million they can completely renovate and revamp a park's aesthetics and get it to look fantastic. All for the price of one Tatsu, cheaper than a Kingda Ka.... I think I'd take that option with more than half of the pakrs.

Employee motivation programs. Get them to work for something.

BTW I've heard some things here and there that handstamp reentry may be eliminated... that's NOT a good idea, IMO. I doubt it will last anyhow
mrceagle

1/8/2006 7:45:03 PM
There are some good ideas here. But I have to agree with Bob. Many of the ideas were good but are way to much.

SFGAdv - doesn’t need a flat or a coaster for a while. Allot of internal improvements. They have lost almost any aspect of a western area and the sea port leaves a bit to be desired. When they do get another coaster it should be a medium end family/adult coaster

SFMM- Same thing they don't need anything in the range of coasters for many years. Flats yes allot of them but they also need to work on the park.

SFGAm - They have allot of high end coasters. They don’t need a big one anytime soon nor one to complement there other B&M's. They also have a high number of flats. They also need to take a couple years off and improve the park. When they do start after 2 years a family coaster and a few flats would be good.

SFNE – They need to back off. They have been adding rides extremely quickly and have little space left for new attractions. The park needs allot of improvements. Themeing is the largest one. The western area is the only real themed area in the park. Clean up DC and make the 50’s area more 50’s. Then figure out real themes for the North and south end. After getting the park in line the park needs a few more family rides. Not coasters. Though I’m speculated I wouldn’t be surprised if SFNE had more Coasters per acres of park land then any other SFI park.

All the parks need employments but also needs rides to go with those Improvements I will get to those later.

Btu one more arguments Frontier City doesn’t need a B&M. the park is in the middle of know were as far as parks go and any coaster would be unique for the area. Why blow 15 million on a park people aren’t really visiting anyway.
coaster05

1/8/2006 10:05:14 PM
Just something I noticed. SFKK has a wild mouse and a kiddie coaster so they don't really need another.
mrceagle

1/8/2006 11:43:19 PM
Good eye. So what do you think they do need?
BobFunland

1/9/2006 12:50:09 AM
Kinda on topic, kinda off.

I had heard a little here and there about SF possibly getting rid of handstamp reentry. Well, I talked to someone who works at SFOG tonight and indication from inside the park seems to be that it's true (even though I've read people on coasterputz saying that it's all false). [sorta] weird and pretty bad call if you ask me...
Canobie Coaster

1/9/2006 6:18:12 AM
That's stupid! Six Flags is doing that because people were leaving the park to eat elsewhere, where the food isn't expensive, and is actually quality.
coaster05

1/9/2006 6:35:07 AM
That would be an absolutely horrible decision. Also what about season pass holders. Do they now let you use your pass multiple times during the same day. If they need money that bad then raise all tickets 5.00 across the board and let people leave.

SFKK main problem isn't lack of coasters it is the fact that the park is just sort of blah. since it is in town you just always feel as if you never really get away from anything. they also have pretty bad cleaning crew and security there. Everytime I have been there it looks like Springer was taping a show there.
mrceagle

1/9/2006 12:27:29 PM
Isn't SFKK and old Town fair ground?

I mantioned at the end that every one of teh parks need to be worked on when it comes to park quality. The themeing, Clenleness, staff, etc all need to be worked on.
coaster05

1/9/2006 2:13:35 PM
SFGAM needs no real improvement IMO. The security has been responsive and its theming has held up and the park is usually pretyy clean. Capacity can be a little poor, but that seems more random and you have to remmber they draw a ton of people.
Animan1

1/9/2006 3:16:53 PM
Thanks coaster05, exactly what I was thinking. SFGAm is just about perfect in my mind, they don't need to add a "huge" coaster in the next 5 years, or work on "improving" the park. It's cleaner and has better rides than SFMM, is bigger than almost all the other SF parks except MM and GAdv, and actually has some decent theming for a SF park. With a good layout, friendly staff, cleanliness, and a great lineup of coasters (and not bad on flats), SFGAm is one of the most solid parks in the country, imo.
mrceagle

1/10/2006 2:51:52 AM
I havn't been so I'll take your work for it. A few things I noticed looking around is they haven't got many shows. A few more high quality shows woudl help get people off the midway and help lighten line time a bit as well.
shows

They don't have a DC or Gothom. so maybe a weastern stunt show.

The mardi Gras area woud be a good place for a Circus show.

As for rides they do seem prity set. a few family rids and a coaster slightly milder between kiddie and family might not be a bad idea.
Animan1

1/10/2006 9:30:35 AM
I will agree that we don't have many shows, but I rarely watch them anyway, so I don't really care. The point about the shows taking some of the crowds off the midway and such is a good one though.

As I remember, this is our Gotham section.

We used to have the Batman Stunt Show years ago, which I remember as being pretty good. However, it was taken away and now the theatre runs several different shows throughout the season, if I'm not mistaken.

They have two rides that are great for everybody (kids and adults), Whizzer and Rajin' Cajun.
larrygator

1/10/2006 9:55:34 AM
Quote:
coaster05 said:
Also what about season pass holders. Do they now let you use your pass multiple times during the same day.

Currently if they try to scan a season pass for the second time in one day it gets rejected. Season Pass holders have to get a handstamp to re-enter.

--------------------
Mom always said, "Don't play ball in the house".
coaster05

1/10/2006 11:05:55 AM
I knew that is what they did before, but with no hand stamp how do they tell pass holders you can't come back in.

MRC the do have or at least had a western show. Mardi gras is to full for a show.
mrceagle

1/10/2006 12:40:18 PM
See I don't know the park So thanks for clearign things up af far as space gos.

if they brought back the stunt show they can do the other shows somewere lese or Do them early or late in teh season when the stunt show isn't operating. thats what SFNE dose. They thogh a new show other then batman might be more interesting.
coaster05

1/10/2006 1:37:34 PM
Its not batman stunt the shows are hel in the old west/santa fe section. Sorry.
Animan1

1/10/2006 2:19:19 PM
Just to try and clear things up...

The shows at SFGAm are now held in the theatre in the entrance to the Southwest Territory near the back half of Demon. And as far as I know, they no longer have the Batman Stunt Show, but rather just a few shows that they do throughout the season. I believe one of these is a Western Stunt Show.
mrceagle

1/11/2006 12:46:10 PM
I'll try to check through the fan sites. But more shows no mater what they are woudl help them quite a bit.
Canobie Coaster

1/12/2006 5:52:14 AM
What type of shows do you think they should add?
mrceagle

1/12/2006 4:48:42 PM
A show more pre-teen/ teen orianted. We got the beat isn't that interesting unless your 5.SFGAm World had a good listing. They have a few good shows. but a stunt show would be good. they jsut need to maek a bit more uniquie.
larrygator

1/12/2006 4:59:16 PM
I'm not in market research but I don't think teens give a rat's buttocks about shows as they are now. I know Nickelodeon is with only park conglomerate, but I think you need some type of Double Dare/ teen Fear Factor type thing to bring in teens. Traditional song and dance bull won't won't. The good thing is SF now has an Entertainment division and thses guys know their stuff. We'll see.
mrceagle

1/12/2006 6:13:50 PM
just posting to push this back up from of all the crap.
Scott

1/12/2006 7:08:45 PM
Bump... again
mrceagle

1/14/2006 1:49:48 AM
Wanted to move this up. Hopefuly the spaming has stoped. If you look in your profiles you can get anythign resant you posted toards.
Canobie Coaster

1/14/2006 7:03:03 AM
The Double Dare idea sounds nice. Also, does Six Flags have Looney Tunes shows? If they don't, they should add them because it would be popular with kids.
mrceagle

1/14/2006 6:00:48 PM
Quote:
larrygator said:
I'm not in market research but I don't think teens give a rat's buttocks about shows as they are now. I know Nickelodeon is with only park conglomerate, but I think you need some type of Double Dare/ teen Fear Factor type thing to bring in teens. Traditional song and dance bull won't won't. The good thing is SF now has an Entertainment division and thses guys know their stuff. We'll see.

Not a bad idea. can't use either of those names but The ideas arn't bad. Stunt shows can do well What Action Movies dose WB have out right now? Music shows tend to do verry good as long as they cover the right music. The Britney's Dance party always had large crowds this last year at Canobie.
Animan1

1/16/2006 10:47:14 AM
Quote:
mrceagle said:
just posting to push this back up from of all the crap.

Why on earth would you do that? If that's all we have to say on the subject, why keep bringing the thread back up to try and get people to post in it again? In my opinion, that leads to getting off topic and spamming. You and Scott added 3 unecessary posts trying to keep this thread afloat. (Don't take this post the wrong way, you're a great member of TPC, but I just found this posting to buoy a thread to be pointless.)
Page [ 1 of 2 ] [ 1 ] 2 
Clicky Web Analytics