Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Author Six Flags Inc Should!!!!!
mrceagle

1/16/2006 12:49:49 PM
I did that when Greaglewis was spamming the site. it seamed ot have stoped for a while so I attempted to get a few posts moved up so we could get on regardles. It was a futile atempt since he started up again and baried it for a second time.

As you can see though a few other peopel posted after that and at the time the spamming started it was an active post.
coaster05

1/16/2006 4:38:01 PM
Animan they bumped it because we were attacked by a spammer so they were bumping to get threads above the spammer.
Animan1

1/16/2006 4:41:58 PM
Eh, attacked by a spammer in the 3 days I was gone? Hard to believe, but definitely possible, especially on this site. Thanks for clearing that up.
BobFunland

1/16/2006 5:40:28 PM
It happened - 1700+ threads of spam. I didn't even notice it had been cleaned up.

On topic now, SF has decided against the policy... for 2006. Parking fees increased at G-adv by $5 this year, and I'm sure as Shapiro continues his tour of parks, price increases are bound to follow him.
Scott

1/16/2006 6:41:58 PM
Quote:
Animan1 said:
Why on earth would you do that? If that's all we have to say on the subject, why keep bringing the thread back up to try and get people to post in it again? In my opinion, that leads to getting off topic and spamming. You and Scott added 3 unecessary posts trying to keep this thread afloat. (Don't take this post the wrong way, you're a great member of TPC, but I just found this posting to buoy a thread to be pointless.)

What the hell animan?? A guy named greglewis came in here and posted about 50 pages of spam. Mrc and I are just trying to help. Next time we are attacked by a spammer, you can fish through the 50+ pages of spam and find the thread yourself. Thanks for the support.

Message updated 1/16/2006 6:47:09 PM by Scott
larrygator

1/16/2006 11:44:50 PM
What they should do and probably will is make each park it's own profit center. And if your park does not turn a profit your park will be overlooked for future large capital expenditures. In other words bring the people in now, make money and you get upgrades.
mrceagle

1/17/2006 12:26:24 AM
Not a bad way of doing it. but Some parks like SFGAdv, SFGAm, and SFMM will continure to get people every year. Many of the parks low attendance comes out of the lack of the needed genearal emprovments. Basicly people are getign board with the same old junk.

think it's a great idea but many of the smaller parks need to be brought up to par first. also keep in mind one bad Branded park is a blemish on the rest of the branded parks.
zjohn1988

1/19/2006 8:19:17 PM
Quote:
BobFunland said:
Employee motivation programs. Get them to work for something.

SFGAm tried new things in 05 to increase guest interaction and things to motivate them to work harder, rewards and such for example which had value to use in the cafeteria and stores. The downside of SFGAm is they'll hire anyone for the most part. (Im sure most parks do..) But 3/4 the employees could care less about the park much less the guests..If the employees hired were "above and beyond", there probably wouldnt be many, so who knows what management will do for future seasons.
mrceagle

1/20/2006 1:25:04 AM
I'm suprised it's such a problem. Its a farly populated area. Too bad though. Employees can make or brake a park some times.
coasterwom

4/25/2006 12:16:05 AM
Wyandot Lake in Columbus needs a bigger coaster added for adults in my opinion maybe this would attract more people to the park. Six Flags also needs to get rid of there no smoking policy in the parks and have designated smoking areas like Paramount parks. They also need to get rid of no hand stamps for reentry. If people wish to leave the park and come back that should be allowed. People eat outside of the park and bring picnic lunches to cut down on cost. That's like telling paying customers you have to eat our expensive, over priced greasy food or starve. There are people who are on special diets and can't eat the park food. They are only hurting business by making these stupid rules.
Hercules

4/25/2006 1:07:25 AM
^ Six Flags got rid of Wyandot Lake.

Six Flagsg does have designated smoking areas.

How would you know who paid to get in or not without hand stamps?

They aren't telling you that you can't eat in the parking lot. They stamp your hand, you go to your car and eat there. Big deal. I don't really think that is hurting business at all. Either people are going to each the park food or they aren't. They have a choice. It is not like people are not going to the park just because they can't bring food in with them.

coasterwom

4/25/2006 1:27:36 AM
Six Flags hasn't sold Wyandot Lake yet. It's still owned by them. It's on their web site as still being a Six Flags park. If people want to leave the park and go outside the park and eat they should not be charged for parking twice.I wasn't aware they had designated smoking areas now. The last SF park I visited they had designated places to smoke but people didn't go by the rules they smoked anyway. Why don't they put more ashtrays around the park or hire more staff to clean the parks. I read somewhere that they were trying to make it a no smoking park.
Hercules

4/25/2006 1:32:58 AM
Ok, sorry, nearing a deal, but almost SOLD

Pay for parking twice? Don't you keep the slip or ticket that they give you when you pay???

They are basically trying to make no smoking in the parks, but they have designated areas. No smoking in the park other than in the designated areas. That is fine by me. They are putting a lot of signs out and people seem to be reading them and not smoking. They also have security in the lines to help prevent it all from happening. And they do have a lot of more staff members in the parks cleaning.
coasterwom

4/25/2006 1:56:58 AM
I visited a SF park last summer and they had very little staff, the park was dirty, and the rides were not well maintained. I can see not smoking in lines but they need more designated areas to smoke or more ashtrays throughout the park. I wasn't aware of the Columbus Zoo buying Wyandot Lake. So it will be sold after this season to Columbus Zoo? I hope they can improve the park and get more people to attend it. I still would like to see a coaster- adult sized added to the park. Thanks for the tip about Wyandot Lake. I'm not for this no smoking in parks idea. I feel it's an infringement on smoker's rights but this is my opinion and not the topic of discussion here.
Hercules

4/25/2006 12:31:38 PM
Six Flags was in the process of change. Plus, there is now new upper management. I'll give you a bunch of reading material.

Shapiro at Enchanted Village

Shaprio interview

Shapiro at Six Flags America

Six Flags new marketing

More on Shaprio plans

Six Flags New England opening

"Disneyland vision"

Shaprio at Elitch Gardens

Great Adventure improvements

Parades, "Brunch with Bugs", all kinds of characters, increase in staff...

Have you been to Six Flags since the designated smoking area thing? If not, then I don't think you have a place in saying that they need more smoking areas.
mrceagle

4/25/2006 12:52:49 PM
Quote:
coasterwom said:
I visited a SF park last summer and they had very little staff, the park was dirty, and the rides were not well maintained. I can see not smoking in lines but they need more designated areas to smoke or more ashtrays throughout the park. I wasn't aware of the Columbus Zoo buying Wyandot Lake. So it will be sold after this season to Columbus Zoo? I hope they can improve the park and get more people to attend it. I still would like to see a coaster- adult sized added to the park. Thanks for the tip about Wyandot Lake. I'm not for this no smoking in parks idea. I feel it's an infringement on smoker's rights but this is my opinion and not the topic of discussion here.

The zoo owns the land. SFI is only seling the rides and buildign they added while runing the attraction. I belave the amount was 2 million.
BobFunland

4/25/2006 12:56:53 PM
Quote:
coasterwom said:
If people want to leave the park and go outside the park and eat they should not be charged for parking twice.

That's your fault, because you could have done it the right way and not had to pay more than once.

--------------------
Google Search TPC BEFORE you create that new thread
Hercules

4/25/2006 1:18:16 PM
^

Seriously, like I said before, you can't hold onto the receipt or ticket that they gave you? It is there for a reason. People leave parks all the time to go get grub.
coaster05

4/25/2006 5:03:17 PM
I am trying to improve my image so I will leave all the unknowledgeable Six Flags Bashing comments to myself. It has been "enjoyable" reading though.

Plus I trust this discussion to the capable hands of bob and herc.
larrygator

4/25/2006 11:31:55 PM
well keep in mind Scott's bump was when GregLewis posted 3000 spam threads in two days, he was only trying to keep a then current thread alive
Page [ 2 of 2 ] 1  [ 2 ]
Clicky Web Analytics