Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author An Idea I attempted but failed
EagleUSA

12/17/2005 9:43:58 PM
I tried this in July. I made an attempt to video a trip report from Dorney, Hershey, and Six Flags. I started in the hotel room and video taped my plan for the day. The parks let me bring it in so I video taped part of a ride from the outside and rode it. After I rode it I reviewed it on video tape. I did this everyday on the trip and tried to get in on this site from a link in a post. I messed up somewhere and couldn't get in on the computer. It would be like a video trip report. Either no one has ever done this or i've never found one. A lot of people use pictures, but it would be interesting if someone filmed parts of it.

I apologize that this is not a trip report, but I thought this would be the approapriate place to post this. I thought that this would be a cool idea for a trip report.

When I made it, I had nice pictures of every coaster such as Talon and Nitro. It looked good on my tv. I don't know where I messed up.

Thank You
mrceagle

12/17/2005 9:50:46 PM
Intresting idea. How were you going to go about explanign the parks quality and how you liked the ride?
EagleUSA

12/17/2005 10:05:05 PM
Well after the ride I would review each of the rides. I would show some nice atmosphere of the park, if it had any and review that during lunch breaks and leaving the park. After each day I reviewed basically everything.
mrceagle

12/18/2005 4:03:47 AM
Ok thing isthis would be an extreamly large file and I wouldn't pay for a DVD like this. So how would you handle the time and Size ishues.
EagleUSA

12/19/2005 4:07:34 PM
Well my video camera has the ability to make its own DVD. I could buy a 25 dollar one that has 6 hours on it. Its only about an hour tape. Another problem is who would sit there for an hour. The problem is getting it on the computer.
Cyclonic

12/20/2005 6:48:03 AM
What you need to do is install a video capture card, such as an ATI All-In-Wonder card. This would allow you to connect your VCR to the computer and record the tape to an MPEG format.
mrceagle

12/22/2005 8:21:59 AM
Now your computer will need to be powerfull enough to handle the video. You beter off geting a basic Fire wire capture card and investing the saved money on Software. You'll be able to do more. But yess if you get a better card many of them have outputs straight to the VCR so you don't have to relay through the Camcorder and with the price of those disks you don't want to go thhrough the camcorder.
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics