Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 2 of 4 ] 1  [ 2 ] 3  4 
Author Your plans for 2006
Scott

1/5/2006 6:53:47 PM
nevermind.
Message updated 1/5/2006 6:54:39 PM by Scott
loriu

1/12/2006 5:24:20 PM
We will be hitting the usuals at some point or another.
Kennywood
CP (Coastermania)
GL
Conneaut
Waldameer
Idlewild

Of course the event that everyone has been waiting to come back (only in a different name).
Holiday World (Holiwood Nights)
Beech Bend

We have a couple decent sized trips that are in the planning stages.

First would be in April...
Dollywood
Nascar Speed Park
SFoG
Carowinds
Myrtle Beach Pavilion
Family Kingdom

The big trip in July will include...
Wisconsin Dells
Little A-merrik-a
Mall of America
Como Town
Valleyfair
Arnold's Park
Adventureland
Kiddieland
Michigan's Adventure
Fun Spot

There is also a possibility of hitting Hershey and Knoebels at some point.

Unfortunately, we will miss PPP for the first time in 6 years (yes we endured the rainfest of '05) due to a wedding

The majority of the parks we have planned this year are new to us which is very exciting.

--------------------
Coaster count - 282

--------------------
Coaster count - 287
Message updated 6/12/2006 8:33:00 PM by loriu
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
1/12/2006 7:23:09 PM
bump
zjohn1988

1/19/2006 8:24:03 PM
Spring Break- Walt Disney World
March or April- SFSTl
Summer- Cedar Point, SFGAm, WDW
Fall- CP, SFGAm
December- WDW (jeez i hope i get an annual pass..)
Swimace

1/19/2006 9:18:10 PM
The only set park I have is Animal Kingdom in the Spring (hmm, I wonder why?)

I should get trips to SFOG and Carowinds because I don't think I will have to drive that far to get to those, so I might get a SFOG season pass next year since I'll be in college.
BobFunland

1/19/2006 9:44:46 PM
Coolness, you will LOVE the Jet Coaster

If you are getting an SFOG pass, I'd do so as soon as you can. They went up without warning this week, and Shapiro hasn't even been to the park yet! Plus, they removed their "Price good until -date-" notices from their site, so I would suspect that they will continue to go up.
Swimace

1/20/2006 7:19:20 AM
Yeah, but I'm not going off to college until the fall, and I don't know how much time I'll have on the weekends to get away and go to a park with swimming. I think I should get to go plenty of times, but I just want to be sure before I spend money on a pass.
Animan1

1/20/2006 12:55:44 PM
4 parks for sure this year (in order):

1) Busch Gardens Tampa
2) Seaworld Orlando
3) Hersheypark
4) Kennywood

I may also try and make trips to a couple of other parks this year, SFGAm to meet up with BobFunland, and I may try and get up to the Dells and Mount Olympus this year.
larrygator

1/22/2006 7:21:27 PM
Well the first of the softball tourneys I attend has been announced in Palm Springs Sept 27 - Oct 1. So I'll probably book two extra days to hit SFMM and KBF again. I still don't know where the other one will be. I'm still hoping for the Dallas or Austin area of Texas.
Swimace

1/22/2006 8:40:42 PM
I hope you get Houston, just because I love irony.
Knoebels

1/23/2006 7:23:04 PM
I'M BAAAAAACK. Yeah, so I figure to be sticking around my hometown, doing multiple trips to K-N-O-E-B-E-L-S, and probably Dorney and Hershey, and maybe even...KENNYWOOD!?
Hercules

1/24/2006 1:13:47 PM
Quote:
Hercules said:
Did somebody happen to say that there is a big year in store for me?

Well, like some have said before, nothing is really definate but this is what I have in the works...

I'll have my Six Flags and Cedar Fair passes (well, hopefully I won't technically need a Cedar Fair pass ) for next season so there will be plenty of visits to Great Adventure and Dorney... not as many though considering such things as work and the possibility of graduate school. And I can't forget Knoebels and Hershey (which I almost did, hence the edit )

Alright, let's see if I can get these Florida plan straightened out... we were originally planning on late May/early June (which is still a possibility) but now mid-January has sprung up into the equation, likely somewhere between the 5th and the 15th since school starts back up on the 17th. That is not for certain, but it is a possibility because flights are cheaper at that time and there are some other discounts thrown in. Either way that means the Disney parks (excluding the Animal Kingdom which means no Expedition Everest for me, but I'll work on that), the Universal parks , and possibly Busch Gardens Tampa.

Then comes spring. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is just a distant possibility right now. I'm really hoping though. However, it's not overly likely. I have the worst luck with this park.

Speaking of Virginia, there is no way possible that I will miss Grizzlyfest at PKD (no matter how much I think the park looks like it sucks). I'm just in it for a nice weekend vacation, good times with some good people and seeing just how good/bad those coasters really are.

I'm also planning a trip similar to what Larry did during Labor Day weekend, I just don't know when it will be. I would like to hit up Kennywood and the smaller parks in Western PA. I would really like to get to William's Grove since I missed out on it this year because of that damn flat tire. Hopefully that park along with Conneaut Lake will be open next year.

Another place that I'm considering is Morey's Piers so I can get on Great White and the other things that I missed the last time I was there.

I would also like to get to Coney Island, so if you are going B. Fun let me know and hopefully I could get there.

Oc-BoulderFest is basically a definate because I don't want to miss that. On the way up I might hit Quassy if they add anything worth visiting for. If I feel up to it or have the time and depending upon how their season works I could end up going up to something like Canobie or one of the smaller New England parks, or, *sigh* go to Six Flags New England.

Cedar Point is always in the back of my mind, but like BGW, I have had bad luck with that too.

Anyway, that kind of rounds it out. Hopefully I can get most of that in and maybe even more. The "midwest" thing with B. Fun is really distant, but maybe if you decide to hit up something like PKD I could get out there for something like that.

Most of these plans, sadly, are now shot. I just figured that I would let some people know about that. A whole lot of things have come up over the past couple of months that have really killed things. I'm probably going to have to take at least the first 3 or 4 months of the season off to get things fixed and straightened out in my life. Hopefully I can pick up where I left off somewhere near August. I do plan on getting to Great Adventure as soon as El Toro opens though, however, I'm not sure if I can pull off a season pass considering my financial state right now. Everyone should expect to hear a little bit more of me from this point on though. Sorry that I have not been around too much. I'm still hoping for this to be at least a decent year.
Clicky Web Analytics