Home > Forums > Critics Coaster Discussion > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Your Amusement Park
CoastrGlxy

9/21/2005 10:54:04 AM
If you could 'realistically' design your own park, what type of park would it be? A small traditional park like say Knoebels, a theming masterpiece like IOA, or your average modern theme park like a Six Flags. Then what types of coasters would you install? Exclusively steel (BGW), wooden(Mt. Olympus?), family (Cypress Gardens) or just the right combination? You can include the flats you'd install too if you want *yawn*. Just kidding all you flat fans! Lastly, if you have any idea where you'd put the new park that'd be interesting too.

And I promise I won't steal anyone's ideas when I win the next HUGE mega millions jackpot. I already know what and where my park is going to be.
hrrytraver

9/21/2005 12:35:06 PM
my ideal park would be as follows- it would simply be one enormous jumbled continuous wooden coaster, however divided by perhaps 6 or seven lift hills, each lift hill with a station prior to it. that way they could be treated as seven different coasters, only you exit at the next station in the chain. each "section" of the large continuous coaster would have a distinct flavor , i.e. different approaches, tunnels, some with more laterals than air, others with more air than laterals, some with long tunnels, some with swooping drops, some with straight drops etc. on special event days, individuals would be able to ride the entire phalanx of track continuously, a long crazy "ert". from bird's eye vantage point, the layout would be a disorienting and impossible to follow maze of wood, with innumerable track crosses etc. an uneven or unique terrain topography would be a plus.

i would like to find out how traditional parks that have old school trains with unbroken benches and buzz bars get insurance and try to get my builders to use this traditional train design. i don't think laterals and air can be enjoyed to the fullest with bench dividers and ratcheting bars.

there would be one very basic gift shop and a decent restaurant. that's it. pay by ride or all day pass.

additionally i'd like to add that after several years of obviously huge profit margins, i will build my first steel coaster....a racing and dueling 4-Dimensional with a mobius track layout.

--------------------
"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)"
Message updated 9/21/2005 12:55:48 PM by hrrytraver
BobFunland

9/21/2005 1:50:00 PM
Here's what I posted at SFOG.net when a similar topic arose recently:

Roller Coasters:

Relocated Schmeck classic run to original specs
Compact Schwarzkopf looperurl] (German faire-style)
[url=http://coastergallery.com/2002/DW14.html]GCII Wood terrain coaster

B&M Hypercoaster
Spinning Coaster (either Gerstlauer or Maurer Söhne)
B&M Invert with a Batwing, terrain elements preferable
Gravity Group woodie (let them come up with something and work their magic)
Chance Big Dipper (Canyon Blaster-esque themeing/setting)
Mack Water Coaster near the waterpark
Premier dueling launched
Vekoma junior suspended
At least one more big coaster, probably from B&M

Flat Rides
Lusse Auto Skooters run to perfection
Bisch Rocco Flying Skooters without modifications to restrict flight!!
S&S Sky Swatter
Carousel (either PTC or Herschell preferable) with a Ring Catch and a Band Organ
Classic Dark Ride
Mangels Whip
Eli Scrambler or Wisdom Sizzler
Zamperla Nitro or Mondial Revolution (depending on size of park)
Mondial Top Scan
Zamplerla Power Surge
Huss Top Spin themeing prefered, a Mondial Splashover is a nice substitute
Pirate Ship (any company is ok, I havent found a bad manuf.)
Antique Cars (I like Arrow ones the best but it doenst matter much
Zierer Wave Swinger
Zamperla Hawk
Musik Express (and run it backwards
Hrubetz Paratrooper
Chance Falling Star
Traver Turtle
Chance Aviator
Zamperla Baloons
Schwarzkopf Enteprise
Intamin Gyro-Drop
.. and a section devoted to just kiddie rides, perferably as good looki
Message updated 9/21/2005 1:53:35 PM by BobFunland
CoastrGlxy

9/21/2005 4:47:56 PM
Those are some really cool ideas. The continuous wooden coaster would be awesome and you could basically incorporate all the best types of woodies into one really long ride. That's really original.

BobFunland, I like your invert w/ a batwing like Montu. I wonder why there aren't more of those. Other than Montu and Top Gun I can't think of any. I also like the free soda fountain. I almost slapped myself in disbelief when I saw that at Lake Compounce. My brain just couldn't make sense of it. Cool ideas guys.

Oh and what's with the 18+Over after 7PM rule? Wouldn't the park be just nothing but young adults and some middle-aged people w/o kids after 7? Families would have left and assuming older (senior citizens) visitors probably go to bed early. Interesting rule though.
coaster05

9/21/2005 5:07:04 PM
Great rule Bob since so many teens are morons.

Basic idea from me would be a smaller park, with good capcity. Very clean, friendly with nice landscaping. I would use Adventureland(iowa) for my customer service, security and management from lake compounce. Maintenance fron Knoebels, space mamnagement from Indiana Beach.
mrceagle

9/21/2005 6:09:30 PM
I woudl have a mideum themed park. more Dollywood or CDC. maybe as high as BGW.

I'll mention rides later.
BobFunland

9/21/2005 8:29:58 PM
Yea, I hear that CDC has some awesome rides. "Tuberculosis Terror" is probably my favorite coaster, although the "Amazing Innoculations of Spiderman" ride was pretty damn sweet

As for the after 7PM rule, kids under the age of 18 can visit the park after 7PM, but they must be accompanied by someone over the age of 25. Kinda like what Lake Winnie does but modified a bit.
Scott

9/21/2005 10:21:39 PM
I'd like my park to be just like disneyland resort, just without any lines.
RCGenius

9/22/2005 8:45:09 PM
Here's how I'd like to have my amusement park be like:

Roller Coasters

B&M Hyper (1st coaster I'd build)
B&M Invert (custom one, not B:TR clone)
B&M Floorless (custom, not Medusa clone)
B&M Flyer (custom one, not a S:UF clone)
Intamin Rocket Coaster w/inversions
Relocated Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop
GCI Wooden Twister
Setpoint Woody
Reverchon Spinning Wild Mouse
Kiddie Coaster

Flat Rides

Auto Skooters
Flying Scooters
Enterprise
The Whip
Ferris Wheel
Merry-Go-Round
Tilt-A-Whirl
Top Spin
Power Surge
Scrambler
S&S Freefall Tower
Round-Up
Pirate Ship
Tea Cups Ride
Antique Cars
Flying Carpet
Huss Frisbee
Giant Wheel (like HP's former one)
Gravitron
Sky Sling
Rotor
Balloon Race
Chairswing
Haunted House
Classic Dark Ride (w/great quality & theming)
Go Karts
Upcharge Attraction
Skycoaster

Water Rides

Log Flume
Splash Boats
Water Coaster
Jet Skis
Proslide Tornado
River Rapids Ride
Wave Pool
Lazy River
Lots of Water Slides
Body Slides
Rafts

Also, I'd like to have 20+ kiddie rides that'll spread out across the whole park like Hersheypark

Maybe 2 arcades & game stands spreaded throughout the whole park

Transporting Rides:

Train
Chairlift
Monorail
Trams

Methods of how my park will run & look like:

Only 1 designated smoking area
Surrounded by lots of trees
Great theming
Major coasters (B&M Hyper, Floorless, & Invert) to have a 3 train operation w/o mid-course brakes
Wooden coasters (GCI wooden twister & Setpoint woody) to have 2-3 train operation w/o mid-course brakes
Intamin Rocket will go through a lot of inspections & test-runs b/f the park opens & throughout some parts of the day
Great quality food stands w/great quality & variety of foods to choose from
Reasonable prices for foods & souvenirs
Come Back Guarantee when there's terrible weather
Lots of employees w/positive attitudes & will pay them real good as long as they make my park the best one it can ever be
Minors (14-17 yrs. old)- arrive after 7 p.m. & leave b/f 9 p.m.
Full-time & seasonal employees & plenty of them
Lots of great benefits for working at my park including:
Free admission anytime, even when you're terminated
Reciprocal Admissions Program like HP
Increase in hourly wage by end of July
Sodas will only cost $1
Great security staff
$5-7 parking
Pay one price ($35-$40)
Blacktop footpath
Lots of park benches
Plenty of trash cans
Fast & efficient ride ops

That's all I can think of ya'll. I'm not even playing this whole fantasy park game. I'm really serious about all of this. My plan throughout my life's to become a roller coaster builder/designer & work for GCI. When I have enough $ from working for a long time or if I'm lucky enough to win a huge jackpot in the lottery, I'll retire early & will make my amusement park dream come true. I'll let my family & closest friends in for free too.
Message updated 9/22/2005 9:10:16 PM by RCGenius
Scott

9/22/2005 10:17:43 PM
My park - A relatively small park with a few world class attractions. My park will have large trees and beautiful flower beds with fountains. Every area of the park will be immaculate, and good looking. My park will have large walkways to prevent overcrowding, and I'll always run 2 trains on any of the roller coasters. My park will have cheap admission prices and cheap food. All of the midways will be shaded.

Roller Coasters -
A quieted B&M invert like talon, that's as smooth as montu.
A GCI coaster with plenty of airtime like ozark wildcat.
An intense schwarzkopf looper with a fresh coat of paint.
A windstorm model.
A family coaster similiar to poison ivy's twisted train.

Flat Rides -
A magic carpet ride
An Intamin drop tower
Flying skooters
A good tilt a whirl
Bumber cars
Giant wheel
Power Surge
Swat
A tumbler
A vekoma swing ride - 3 seats per row
A traditional carousel
Whip
Wipeout
Musik express
Rainbow
Scrambler
Top spin - With water features that get you soaked!!
Pirate ship
troika
Astro orbiter
Observation tower
motion sim

Water rides in the normal park section -
A classic log flume (Like KBF)
A Intamin rapid ride
A splash boat
Top spin with water feature

Water park -
Pro slide tornado
Pro slide halfpipe (great ride)
A master blaster
A family tube slide that holds 4 people. Like the swiss family toboggan at elitch gardens. Made by whitewater slides inc. The red slide is the one at elitch's
A white water single person, tube slide tower.
A white water body slide tower.
A good water play area.
A fantastic wave pool
A space bowl

Pay for attractions -
Ripcord
Screamin swing
Message updated 9/22/2005 10:19:37 PM by Scott
coasterwom

5/10/2006 10:46:17 PM
If I could build my own amusement park and money wasn't an issue I would build one like Cedar Point but make a few changes. I would add more theming and scenery to the park add a floorless coaster, flying coaster, 4th dimension coaster, water coaster, and enclose it so people could visit in the winter and somehow open it up in the summer so people could be outdoors.
adriahna

Skooter Junkie
5/10/2006 11:08:18 PM
If I could build a park, it would be much like a concept park that was designed in the 90's, but never came to fruition - Electric Park, which was planned to be erected in Indiana. The park concept was "living history" - recreations of the classic rides from Luna, Dreamland, Steeplechase and such defunct parks would be offered there (Virginia Reel, Traver Circle Swing, Caterpillar, Helter Skelter, Scenic Railways, et al). I have a layout map/plan-o-gram of what the park would have looked like - very appealing. Just a great collection of classics - sort of like going back in time. Which, as most of you would expect, would suit me just fine...
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics