Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author A Walk Down Coaster Alley
Cyclonic

9/5/2005 9:03:19 PM
Remlinger Farms / Silverwood Theme Park
Great Northwest Tour - Day 4
August 25, 2005
Whether: Sunny again, high in low 80's

Complete galleries can be found here:
http://cyclonic.smugmug.com/gallery/776797

http://cyclonic.smugmug.com/gallery/771300

Ah, the final day of the trip, and the one I think all of us had been waiting for, Silverwood. Silverwood was one of those places I didn't think I would ever get to visit. It is just so far out of the way, but its duo of CCI wooden coasters has become legendary, a fantastic one two punch that rivals that of Holiday World or Knoebels, and the day would prove that they live up to that reputation.

The day, like most others, started early, we were on the bus by 6:15 in the morning. It was a long ride to Silverwood, but one that would prove rewarding, with a surprise stop at Remlinger Farms.

This small little nursery was home to a few rides and a kiddie coaster, the Mine Twister. A quick early morning ERT session was scheduled for us, and we all got a credit on this fun little Miler coaster.

Back on the road, we finally arrived at Silverwood.

Included in the trip was admission, a wristband for drinks, lunch, and an hour ERT on Timber Terror and Tremors. We all ended up with three wristbands for the various things, but I figured out which one I needed for the drinks and put just that one on, and then headed into the park.

When you enter the park, there is a nice little plaza with a very nice Herschell aluminum carousel off to one side, and then leads to the main street type area.

Main street is a bit crowded, as the train runs right down the middle of it, with narrow walk ways on either side. I walked through a few of the stores there before hopping on the train sitting there.

Silverwood's train is a real running steam locomotive that runs over a very long line of track out away from the park. It is one of those rare rides that you can't pass up. It runs out into the woods and prairie, a very scenic ride, until it gets to a little shack in the woods. There, they put on a little show starring a bear and a pair of prairie dogs. It was pretty bad, and I think the ride would have been fine without the corny show, but the kids seemed entertained, and I guess that is what really matters.

Once beck in the park, I headed into the main part of the park. I was hungry, so I grabbed some pizza and breadsticks. There were fair, nothing great though. I was going to check out the log flume, but it had just broken down, so I instead headed down Coaster Alley, where Timber Terror and Tremors make their home.

Timber Terror was up first. It is an out and back coaster with a nice swooping turnaround and a helix ending. The hills offer some really nice floater air, and the helix is powerful, with a nice flat entry that throws you to the side of the seat. I really liked the ride, not very long, but it offered a solid ride. The wait was also nonexistent, always a pleaser for me.

Across the way is Tremors, the bigg
BobFunland

9/5/2005 9:40:10 PM
Nathan, it would be an understatement to call your TR good.

First off, that train looks excellent! I read a couple of the reviews a long while back and to see photos makes it better!

That's great that the woodies lived to expectations, and for some reason a few of the CCIs don't have a second train, which could have stunk if the park was busy. Maybe they just don't get busy enough to need it?

Silverwood seems like a nice little park. Not only are the woodies gems, the park looks like a gem as well. I wish I had half a reason to be in Idaho.

The TRs were indeed worth it. I have an uncle in Seattle so I may get up there one day, and I just hope to have enough time to hit all of these little parks that you have written TRs for and photographed, and it has been a pleasure to read.

BTW did the pathetic M's win? The stadium looks great, too bad the team sucks.

--------------------
"eh oh coasterdad time!"
Hercules

9/6/2005 12:16:37 PM
Hell I think that calling most of his TR excellent would be an understatement.

Silverwood just looks like a really good overall park. The way you described Tremors makes me believe that it is one of those good woods that I really have to get on. It sounds like my kind of coaster.

I'm not really into trains, but that one looks like it has really nice scenery. That could be a reason to get on one other than the fact that I just need a little rest.

Great set of trip reports, I really enjoyed them.
larrygator

9/6/2005 1:49:21 PM
great TR as usual. I await reading a Tremors review
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics