Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author TR: Hershey Park 8/26/02
bb_dg

8/27/2002 8:48:00 PM
this was my first trip to hershey park and i wont be my last. this is a great park with a nice blend of wooden and steel rides.

paid the 6 bucks for parking and was on the first ride of the day by 11:00. great bear is a very good steel invert that has a very interesting design. we waited 10 minutes tops to get near the back of the train. this coaster has the best beginning of any coaster ive ridden with a helix off the lift before diving into three fast inversions. it kind of trails off to the end with alot of nothing, but still a good ride.

next up was sooperdooperlooper with just a 20 minute wait. this coaster was alright. it has a nice, fast loop that packs on the gs. that in combination with just lap bars makes it a fun ride.

we headed to comet next. this was the longest wait of the day, close to 45 minutes. just by the layout of the ride, i thought it was going to be great, but this coaster was a let down. it has a great first drop into the river, but it lacked laterals and good air that i have grown to expect in a woodie.

we then decided to take lunch. more than 8 bucks for a hamburger is a bit steep, but we had no other choice.

after lunch, we headed over to the other side of the park to take on the two GCI masterpieces, wildcat and lightning racer.

first up was lightning racer, red side, no wait. this is the best side in my opinion. LR is a great ride if it was just one side by itself, but with the racing/dueling aspect, it becomes an insanely great ride. the head on collisions, racing side-by-side in the tunnel and the cross overs near the end are my favorite parts. at the end of the ride, we were stuck on the final brakes because of a computer problem for about 10 minutes.

from there, we did the wildcat with a 30 minute wait. this is another great woodie. its sleek curves really make this ride. the first drop feels like a freefall and the ending totally surprised me. just when i thought we were hitting the final brakes, we dove down next to the supports, hit a bunnyhill with air, went into a tight turn with laterals and powered into the brakes. very cool.

next was the lightning racer, green side. still a good ride on this side, but i just like the red side better. 5 minute wait.

went to the wild mouse next. this is the best wild mouse i have ever ridden. its very fast around the turns and takes the hills very aggressively. nice ride. 35 minute wait.

sidewinder was next up. this is a surprisingly intense ride and i experienced no head banging. got the last row so we would be at the highest point of the structure. this was one of only three rides (the other two were BBW at BGW and B&R: TC at SFGadv) to give me a head rush at the end. 20 minute wait.

final coaster for the day was trailblazer. this coaster was way too short. out of all the arrows ive ridden, this was the roughest (minus head banging). in the helix, the trail bumped up and down like it hit a speed bump or pot hole. 15 minute wait.

all in all, it was a great first trip to hershey park. we were going to ride roller soaker, but once we realized how wet you get on it, we decided to pass. my brother commented to me that we might as well jump into a pool with our clothes on. i had alot of fun and will make another trip out next year.

Cyclonic

8/27/2002 9:50:00 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. When I rode Sidewinder several years back, I felt it was pretty smooth too.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!
Message updated 8/27/2002 9:51:00 PM by Cyclonic
Twirlnhurl

8/27/2002 10:29:00 PM
Whared you sit on the comet?

bb_dg

8/28/2002 1:54:00 PM
back seat
Twirlnhurl

8/28/2002 4:14:00 PM
No airtime? Thats where I sat. Was the trim brake on strongly?
smk

8/28/2002 8:03:00 PM
i have noticed that in the past year or so that comet's trims have gotten stronger... it used to have crazy airtime back in the day

---------------
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
---------------
Twirlnhurl

8/28/2002 8:27:00 PM
I didnt notice the trims the first time I went on it, the second time I was looking backwards and noticed the skids go down.
bb_dg

8/28/2002 8:36:00 PM
yeah, those skid trims must have been on strong because i got no laterals going around that turn into the drop, and i should have being in the back seat.
Twirlnhurl

8/28/2002 9:19:00 PM
I would love to see it in full unleashed form, saying that I like it a ton already...
bb_dg

8/28/2002 9:27:00 PM
how about steel force without brakes. those bunnyhills on the way back would be awesome!
Cyclonic

8/29/2002 9:27:00 PM
Those bunny hops would be brutal. This is one place (unfortunatly) where the trim brakes are needed. I love airtime, and hate brakes, since I like to see better use of the energy produced, but it this case there would be too much airtime. I don't think anyone would get trown out, but plenty of folks would come off bruised.
B&M Rider

8/31/2002 4:18:00 PM
i went to hershey about 5 years ago...comet was my favorite ride because of those bunny hills! i'm sad to see trim brakes ruin the ride

Hulda12

4/2/2024 6:11:41 AM
Hershey Park is an exhilarating blend of chocolate-themed attractions, heart-pounding rides, and family-friendly entertainment. With its rich history dating back to 1906, this iconic amusement park offers something for everyone, from adrenaline junkies to those seeking a more leisurely experience. Whether you're zooming down roller coasters like the iconic Fahrenheit or indulging in sweet treats at Chocolate World, there's never a dull moment. Plus, visitors can find out here about exclusive offers and exciting events by checking out their website: https://linkr.bio/wiccap So, gather your friends and family for a day filled with laughter, thrills, and, of course, plenty of chocolatey delights!
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics