Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author INDIANA PARKS WEEKEND
BigJohnWC

8/9/2002 11:33:00 AM
Okay here we go ...

Day #1 HOLIDAY WORLD

THE LEGEND (2 rides) - 2nd ride was better, very good coaster. Read my review for more details of the ride. The lines were about 20 minutes long, but the park was setting an attendance record that day.

THE RAVEN (2 rides) - Good air time and some good fun. I really think posting this coaster's ranking hurts it since it makes you expect soooooo much more (by comparison to THE BEAST and other nearby competitors). Still a great ride, second trip was spent mostly standing in the back seat since the air time never let me down.

RAGING RAPIDS (1 ride) - Didn't get near wet enough (and it was hot so I needed it) and the water felt awfully warm.

FRIGHTFUL FALLS (1 ride) - decent log flume, not overly impressive but not dissapointing. The drop felt kind of steep, but the overall effect just wasn't mind-blowing at all.

Overall... The park was very clean and the staff was very friendly. I really appreciated the free lockers at the coasters to store purses and cell phones. In addition, even for this very busy day, the lines weren't bad at all. Everyone in our group had a great time and the free soft drinks was a major spoiler. I do have a complaint that the que lines were too narrow, they were so tight that most people were standing in them sideways (which isn't very comfortable).

Day #2 INDIANA BEACH

GALAXIE (1 ride) - Fun older mouse style coaster. The lakeside setting helps it alot and the helix really feels good.

Tig'rr (1 ride) - the lack of restraints will intimidate anyone the first few times. One of my group tried to be a "macho man" and waved his arms proudly above his head as he approached the first drop, but they came down REAL QUICKLY when he actually saw the drop. Classic Jet Starr coaster.

Hoosier Hurricane (2 rides) - Great old-fashioned out and back coaster with some new style fun and twists. Caught some good air time on the second ride and a couple of the jogs surprise everytime. The dip under the suspension bridge is always thrilling.

CORNBALL EXPRESS (3 rides) - The best coaster in Indiana!!! Oh my God, it just never stops. The air time is insane, I never even touched my seat really after the lift hill. The helix is great and the layout is all kinds of fun, the way it interacts with the rides around it. This was the only ride on the whole trip we couldn't wait to ride again and again, running the stairs quickly back up after our first ride. If you haven't ridden this coaster, you are missing one of the best rides ever built. Honestly, this ride deserves a spot in the top 10 wooden coaster ranking.

THE LOST COASTER OF SUPERSTITION MOUNTAIN (1 ride) - I LOVED THIS RIDE!!! Now, I was the only one in my group who loved it 100%. This is a jarring, twisting, wild ride ... kicking the rider's *ss much like THE BEAST does. The speeds are great and the wildness of the ride never lets up. I really look forward to riding it next season after all the seatbelts are replaced and the crew has an opportunity to complete the theming portions of the ride and to fix a couple of spots they have dubbed "too rough." Stay loose and laugh the whole time and you will love this ride, don't tense up for a second though.

Double Shot ... great fun & airtime
Log Flume ... nice traditional flume, for some reason felt better than Holiday World's
Den of Lost Thieves ... the first and one of the best interactive dark rides ever made
WaterPark ... all kinds of cooling off and fun to be had
The Big Flush ... not to be missed, great cooling off fun.

Overall ... Friendly service and clean park. Not much greenery to be seen, but that's because every available space is crammed with rides. It's almost impossible to ride everything in the park, but it's great fun trying!! Not as many "perks" as Holiday World but well worth the sacrafice for the incredible number of rides. Don't miss the Sunday Breakfast Buffet if you can...

After this weekend, the<
Cyclonic

8/9/2002 10:36:00 PM
Thanks for the great report. I personally think the big parks don't come close to the bargain you get at small parks like these. I'm glad you had such a great time.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics