Home > Forums > Trip Reports and Tips > View Topic
( Moderators: ThmPrkCrtc, BobFunland, adriahna )
Hop Forums:
Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Author Lake Compouce 7-30-02
xDisney

8/4/2002 4:08:00 PM
****FREE SODA ALL DAY****
We arrived at Lake Copounce just before opening after a 2 hour drive from Newburgh, NY. Everthing in the park looked freshly painted and looks brand new. This is probably the cleanest park I've seen to date. Thoughout the park they have self service soda fountains and cups. Anytime you want a drink, you just get yourself one. They didn't have a ton of attractions, but what they have is quality. There was practically no wait for any ride in the park including Boulder Dash.

****Boulder Dash****Front Seat
THE BEST COASTER ON THE PLANET in my book. The killer first drop down the mountain leads you into the most intense coaster experience ever. This coaster screams through the woods and keeps picking up momentum. TONS of airtime and laterals.The second half after the turn around seems faster than the speed you get on the first drop. This was a experience of a lifetime for a coaster enthusiast. Take a plane, car, bus or train, but ride this coaster. I wish I could give this coaster a 11 on the rating scale. It's in a class all by itself. My kids loved this coaster and wanted to ride it again and again and so did I.

****Wildcat*****
This is a great classic coaster. Nice elements and decent speed and airtime. This is a good family coaster that id definately worth a ride. But after Boulder Dash it didn't get me that excited.

****Zoomerrang****Boomerang
A pretty intense high G force experience that had the right speed so you weren't hanging in the loops. You are pulled backwards up a hill in the station to the top and droppped through the loops. The other side has another lift hill that makes the same thing happen in reverse. I seriously hate over-the-shoulder restaints, but this coaster wasn't that painful and is worth a ride.

****Ghost Hunt****Intercative Shooter
This is an interactive darkride/shooter that is very simular to Scooby Doo's Haunted Mansion at PC and PKI with a lot of the same tricks. This attraction is longer though and has a cool mist tunnel you go through at the halfway point that cools you off. It was very well maintained and the guns and targets worked very well which made for a lot of fun.

Overall Lake Compounce is a GREAT park. I highly recommend a visit. It makes a Six Flags park look like a sick joke. You really feel like a guest and it's not so crowded so you can really enjoy the park. The food was good and fairly priced also. Go see it , you won't be disappointed.

Cyclonic

8/4/2002 8:12:00 PM
This is great, I can't wait to ride Boulder Dash! What day of the week did you go?

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!
xDisney

8/4/2002 8:18:00 PM
We went on Tuesday, there were no lines all day even for Boulder Dash. We got multiple rides and walked on practically everything.

Quote:
Black7 said:
This is great, I can't wait to ride Boulder Dash! What day of the week did you go?

Volcano155

8/7/2002 9:20:00 PM
Glad you enjoyed Lake Compounce. We stopped there a couple of years ago and had a great time. Boulder Dash is truly a great coaster that tends to be overlooked by many.

Page [ 1 of 1 ] [ 1 ]
Clicky Web Analytics